"you'd be pretty if you were skinny"

Options
1111213141517»

Replies

• LosingWeight4Good
    LosingWeight4Good Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I say,"Thank you."

The people who say these things can see my potential to fit into the general population if I could only lose weight. They REALLY want to help me look normal on the outside.

I smile and listen to their diet tips and how their aunt ate only hot dogs for 6 months and lost 60 pounds, but sadly all her hair fell out. I don't mind listening. Who knows I may learn something I didn't already know about eating less and exercising more.

Evidently, my reason for being on Earth is to make others feel better. I'm sure the people who tell me how pretty I would be if I was just skinny walk away from me thrilled that they saved me from a lifetime of ugly. They smile. I am complete.

Now if someone could just tell me how to fix some of these pesky mental issues, I'd be all set.

ROFLMAO
  • kkemrer
    Options
    Response should be "You'd be smart if you weren't so stupid."

ahahah made me laugh. :D
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    motivational-posters-15.jpg?w=500&h=625

This is cruel.
  • bes169
    bes169 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I was told, " You are so pretty, however if you lose weight you will be the prettiest girl in town." The bad part about it was that I was only about 15 lbs overweight. :grumble:
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options

I wish someone would say it to me. But alas, I have never been considered pretty. I have been called kind of okay looking but not pretty. So at least you have a pretty face. :)

That's insane, you're obviously beautiful.
  • kathim429
    kathim429 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    When I first met my now ex husband, he told his friend that I was cute and he would go out with me if I lost a few pounds...I was a size 8! What was I thinking????
  • ChelseaYepThatsMe
    Options
    I would ask why they don't think you're pretty the way you are.
  • rozsbluejay
    rozsbluejay Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    It happened with a guy that I liked and he told me that he liked me...followed by that statement.
  • bookwormwendy
    bookwormwendy Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    When I first met my now ex husband, he told his friend that I was cute and he would go out with me if I lost a few pounds...I was a size 8! What was I thinking????

Girl, what were you thinking is right? I notice the ex- seems you got smart :wink:
  • ReLearnFood
    Options
    I would have told them that they could probably walk easier if their head wasn't up their *kitten*.
    But my foot would be happy to give it company.
  • Kallie3000
    Kallie3000 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Just a thought:

I have been 170 lbs, and I have been 240 lbs. There were people at the whole range of those weights who thought I was pretty. My husband met me somewhere in the middle. One day he commented that a friend of mine had gained weight. I was horrified - "Guys notice that??"

He said, "Of course. Her boobs are bigger!"

Just remember: The jerks are usually more vocal than the normal, caring people out there. But trust me, there are lots of people who think you are wonderful and beautiful, who just might not have told you yet. Find supportive friends. Get rid of the jerks.