(Q for the ladies!) Boobs, boobs, boobs

Options
2»

Replies

• abbie72003
    abbie72003 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I was an 38F. I had a breast reduction almost 10 years ago when I was 21 and don't regret that decision in the least! Now I'm a 36D and loving them and sometimes wish I was still smaller. Losing weight didn't help make them smaller back then and still doesn't. I guess I"m naturally blessed :S

I did have complications from infections and a couple extra surgeries after the initial one; however, I still would do it all over again (and may after I have children). It was incredible how much relief it gave me off my lower back and enjoying wearing cute shirts again :)

If you are happy with what you have then keep them. Do your research. The scars aren't that bad. Feel free to message me more if you have other questions.
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Why dont you wait and see what weight loss does to YOUR boobs - everyone loses in their own way. Maybe your will loose some of the boobs but not make them look deflated/saggy. If you do end up unhappy with your boobs after losing weight then maybe consider your options at that time - (I believe they have boob LIFTS which just perk the girls back up).
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    i had a reduction at 19, so about 10yrs post op now. im happier because im more comfortable and i can actually wear nice bras and tops now. i honestly dont even know what my size was before, i used to wear sports bras all the time. the scars were brutal and they are still very noticable even tho they have faded, theyre raised quite a bit. the recovery was definitly aweful, but if you think of it in terms of recovery time vs a lifetime, its a bit easier to get thru it. ive talked to a few women about their experiences and even tho scaring and natural shape seem to be a common complaint, the majority are still happy with theier decision overall.
    myself, i wish i would have waited till after kids, breastfeeding and weighloss to have the surgery tho. cause im flat as a board now, well not really, but in comparison, wow! lol. i wouls probly get implants if i had the $ now, not big, just enough to fill out what i so loveingly call my "skin sacks" YUMO. lol.

**edited to add, i also breast fed both my son(until 7 months) and daughter(until 19months!!!) post op. but i know not everyone can find success in that and i really fought hard and struggled for the first while with both. my son wasnt exclusivly breast fed, but i was also scared, being a first time parent and also because he was just a lil 5lb boy, that he wasnt getting enough and he was supplemented even while we were still in the hospital. i wish i had better info available to me. when i had my daughter i was determined to succed and i did! she was EXCLUSIVLY breast fed to 19months old, never did a bottle touch that babies lips. so what im saying is...that it IS possible to breast feed after a reduction, but there are so many factors that can affect that, sso u really are better to wait untill after babies! ,,,but that doesnt mean its impossible.
  • Rascal9061
    Options
    I was a 40JJ. Stupid me, I waited till I was 50 to have a reduction. That was the best investment I have ever made. I was only off work for a week. My only regret is that I did not do it years earlier. I am able to work out everyday with no pain. It is easier to find bras, clothes, etc. I recommend that if you are over a DD to get a reduction. As I said, it has changed my life tremendously!!
  • mjswalters
    mjswalters Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Many women can't breastfeed their children after a reduction, so keep that in mind. Some women can partially nurse, but if you think nursing your babies is something that'll be important to you in the future, just wait until you're all done with kids. I tossed the idea of a reduction around when I was in my late teens, but I ultimately decided to wait until my childbearing was all done. I'm glad I did.
  • Jalyst79
    Jalyst79 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    4 years ago I lost 70lbs and my boobs didn't change size, just the band size. I had a breast reduction 3 years ago and it was covered by my health insurance. It was a great decision, I will never regret it. Also, like you I am curvier and my doctor made sure I was still in proportion to my body.
  • samakain
    Options
    I have no idea what my starting size was (bra wise) because I think I have always worn the wrong size. Once I started losing weight my husband measured me and we figured out that I was a 44DDD/F. I am now wearing a 40/42 DD/DDD and they are SO saggy :( My husband commented how they used to be fuller and rounder and now they are flat and I hate them. I would love to have them lifted once I reach my goal weight but fear we won't have the money to do that.
    For us girls:

23932220_3977.jpg