311 lbs. Lost!! and Body Lift on the 24th!! Started a Blog!

Options
Hello All,

Some may know me on here others that don't Hi, I have been on MFP coming up on a year but have been on my journey for the last 38 months. I started at 560 lbs. and currently weigh in at 249 lbs. for a loss of 311 lbs. with Diet and Exercise. Even though I have taken the weight off slowly and incorporated weight training, using lotions, etc. I have been left with a lot of excess skin that only an intervention will clear up. So I started looking on you tube for people that have had Body lift surgeries and couldn't find a lot so one of the reason I joined MFP last year was on the advice of my therapist because even though I had lost around 260 lbs. I was dealing with crippling social phobia and he thought by joining here continuing my weight loss journey and sharing it with everyone would help me through this phase. So nervously I bit the bullet put my story out here and have been participating in the forums and paying it forward the best that i can. I wanted to blog this next phase of my journey for those thinking about or needing skin surgery since i could not find much on it myself. So I started a website/blog where I could put b4 and after photos, do a video blog, and let people come along on this next part of my journey. It was a huge step out of my comfort zone but part of the 12 step program I went through, in the 12 step you pay it forward. So I emailed the MFP staff and got approval and am here to but my link up for those wanting to follow me on my blog and I also started a group here on MFP as well. I want to be as open about this process that I can and in doing so am hoping it can help anyone out there that is in need of inspiration or just having questions about this part of my journey. I will be shooting video from the hotel and after surgery (gonna try and give my wife a crash course so she can upload the video's to my blog and post for me because I am pretty sure I won't be feeling up to it for a few days.) Anyway links are at the bottom and I want to thank everyone for all the support you have given me over the course of the last year. I am on MFP more than Facebook these days. On a side note I get quite a few friends request and I apologize that I don't except everyone, I wish that I could but I keep my friends list small so that I can interact (which is why I came here in the first place) but I do add people from time to time and never delete a request. This is another reason I did the blog so that more people can still follow my story....

Thanks again
Ed

Blog is at: www.gettingfit4life.com

group here on MFP: gettingfit4life

Me @ 560 lbs.
2009May2.jpg

Me @ 249lbs.
DSCF0626.jpg

Hugs!!!

Replies

• downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    as always Ed, you rock!
  • michelledanny
    michelledanny Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    WOW - you are an inspiration to all!!! Good Luck on the next leg of your journey - I will be following you!
  • mommacxjx
    mommacxjx Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    What an incredible transformation, you look great! Going to bookmark your blog to check it out after my workout. Congratulations and good luck with your lift!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Sir, you are so inspiring!

I am proud to call you my friend! :smooched:
  • rhymeswithfox
    rhymeswithfox Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'll check out your blog, awesome results, you look great!!!
  • Debtastic12
    Options
    WOW you look great. What an inspiration, i honestly think you look like a different person!!!!!! A MASSIVE well done to you :flowerforyou:
  • michelleesther
    michelleesther Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Oh my Goodness!! you look like a different person! Congrats!! :-)
  • Masonless
    Masonless Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Amazing!:wink:
  • aqcannon
    aqcannon Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You are my inspiration. I, too started over 500 lbs and I'm shooting for 250 lbs lost at the moment. I'm around 130 down now, so just over 1/2 way there, but I've stalled.

Every time I get discouraged, I turn to MFP for support and it never fails. Stories like yours and so many others out there inspire that I am on the right track, and though the journey be a slow one, I am moving in the right direction.

Thank you for sharing your story.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Good grief. This is an amazing transformation. You rock.
  • inkjetcanvas
    Options
    You look great man!
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Holy hell you are amazing. That's seriously insane. Good for you!
  • sonjarogers72
    sonjarogers72 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    HOT DIGGITY DOG!!!! You are awesome dude! This made me smile! I know you are excited about your new journey! You got your life back!!! Best wishes with your surgery and praying all goes well!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Hope your surgery goes well with no complications. :flowerforyou:
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Mind Blowing! Your Amazing!!!!!!!!! Your weight loss and story will inspire others!!! Truly Amazing!
    Be so proud!!!!
    Congrats on all levels!
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your surgery, I'm sure you'll do fine :)
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I just don't know what to say. Congrats on your diligence to lose all that weight. Good luck with your surgery. I am trying to imagine how good you must feel after losing 311 pounds. It must be amazing!
  • StephannieL
    StephannieL Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    WOW! What an inspiration! Good luck to you!!!!
  • kaykayvoodoodoll
    kaykayvoodoodoll Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    (JAW JUST DROPPED) ! WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    We're rooting for your quick recovery, you are a true inspiration to all of us that have so much to lose.