Diet soda

Options
1235»

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Some background: I stopped drinking all soda in 2005. I have never liked diet soda and have maybe accidentally had three or four in my entire life (prior to 2005).)

From this thread, it would seem that there may be a few people who would recommend that I start drinking diet soda...you know, for the health benefits...or something.

(Edited because I am compelled to tweak something in every forum post I make.)

and equal number of people were also telling you to smoke crack, shoot heroine and party with Charlie Sheen...

At least the people telling me to do that aren't doing it to justify their own behavior. (Well, at least I doubt that's their motivation.)
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Some background: I stopped drinking all soda in 2005. I have never liked diet soda and have maybe accidentally had three or four in my entire life (prior to 2005).)

From this thread, it would seem that there may be a few people who would recommend that I start drinking diet soda...you know, for the health benefits...or something.

(Edited because I am compelled to tweak something in every forum post I make.)

Yeah, I was noticing the same thing.

I do a lot of research on nutrition, biology, chemistry, anthropology, history, agriculture, you name it, and also on politics, governmental agencies, and how corporations get their products considered GRAS. I won't touch diet pop (I don't drink regular pop either, anymore... kicked my Coke addiction) or anything with artificial sweeteners. However, I don't care if other people choose to drink it, but why do they have to look for justification? Do what you want; I just hope that you aren't giving it to your children.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Ah, good old MFP. You just can't make this stuff up. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/746820-drinking-soda-to-help-diet