All 5'3" - 5'5" -- Let's compare weight w/pants size

Options

Replies

• Shweet_heart
    Shweet_heart Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4, and weighed in at 182 this morning. I wear between a 14-16 depending on brands. I've found that plus sized stores generally fit bigger than "normal" stores. I even worked at a plus sized shop for 2 years, and know this really is true. My plus sized brands are all a 14, and just bought a new pair of 32s (which seem to convert to a 16). I find that the cuts that they're making jeans in now are really helpful.

I'm the perfect pear shape. My waist is a 35, and hips are 44, so having jeans that have a smaller waist are my best friend!

This shape really makes top hunting hard, though, if it fits the hips, it's too big under the arms, and if it fits under the arms, they're too small on the hip!

At least I know I"m not the only one with this body shape :)
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    OK, thank you for this! I am 5'5" (and a little bit) and currently 193 pounds, just yesterday wore a pair of size 12's. I can't fit into all of my size 12's, but all of my 14's are a little big.... I love that I wear my weight well, but also it sucks when people say "Oh you don't look that big" I am that big.... I am working hard and shrinking, but stop making me feel big! I am going to Vegas in October, and hope to be down to a 7/8 by then, and ultimately about a 5/6 Hoping to be about 150 by the time we go, and my end all be all is between 125-135 (depending on muscle/fitness level)

I hear that all the time- people don't believe my weight because of my size - but I think what are they going to say "yeah, you do look chubby" nobody says that in the real world. My kids are honest and talk about "when you get skinny" etc.. They watch around the corner when I do zumba and laugh at my booty dancing, but who cares, some day I am going to be skinny and be able to do all the moves! ;)
  • Sharkington
    Sharkington Posts: 485
    Options
    I am 5'4'', about 118 and I wear a US size 4-6 depending on the brand.
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4/5'5 (not quite sure as I have a very curved spine lol). I'm currently 137lbs and the best fitting clothes are usually a UK 14. I can fit in a few UK 12s but it sucks that I still can't fit in my old size 10s that used to fit me like a dream when I was 154lbs :o(
  • kcrxgirl
    kcrxgirl Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5' 4.5" When I averaged 125-128 I had some 1s that fit even, but I usually wore a 5. Now at 145-150 I wear an 8ish most of the time. I carry a lot of my weight in my tummy, though, and I always have, so jeans don't really get affected by that.

I think it matters! Any pants that fit my waist are too baggy in the hips and butt!
  • natalielauren2011
    Options
    Height: 5'4"
    CW: 159
    Size: 7,8, or 9. it really depends on the fit and cut of the jeans.. whether they run smaller, or lager.
    there's many contributing factors.
  • shaydiva11
    shaydiva11 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 5"3 1/2 and I wear size 20 in pants and I weigh 271
  • BullsBama98
    BullsBama98 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 5.5" weigh in at 174.8 and I fit comfortably into a size 12 most of the time.
  • A_Warrior_Princess
    A_Warrior_Princess Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3, 160 pounds and wear a size 10 in most, a few are size 8 jeans.
  • mk9562
    mk9562 Posts: 186
    Options
    5 ft, 3 inches, weight 147. Size 4
  • kirlia
    kirlia Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    5'4" & 1/2
    108-110 lbs
    pant size: anywhere between 1 and 4, depending on brand/cut
  • thefiddlerscall
    Options
    5'4" and 126 pounds.

I shop at thrift stores so I get crazy (crazy!) mixes of sizes. I've worn 2s when there's weird brands with vanity sizing and 8s or maybe more from more vintage clothing. Its kind of annoying, you just have to try everything!
  • dancinmama
    dancinmama Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Just so ya know that it doesn't get better, my daughter is 5'0", 108 lbs, and she has just as hard a time finding jeans that fit right, as I do. I hate shopping with her...she's 27.
  • magpie0
    magpie0 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    5' 4"
    128lbs
    I wear a 4-6. I depends on the style though because I carry my weight on my lower abs and love handles.
  • Miss_Krissy87
    Miss_Krissy87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    5'5 current weight 131 i wear a size 9-10
  • SASSYnCHICago
    SASSYnCHICago Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    In all honesty - Women sizes vary so much on brand, cut that it really isn't comparing apples to apples.

I'm 5'5 137lb (was 162lbs) and I can fit anywhere between a size 4 (better maker brands) to a 10 (slim/skinny fit)!

I would say my size is a 8! 25 lbs ago - I fit a 12! -These are misses sizes, as jr run smaller.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    5'4" 135, size 4-6 in almost everything.
  • PamGeirng
    PamGeirng Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and weigh 165 started at 185 and wear a size 10. My goal is 145 and I hope to get into a least an 8.
  • KatNewby
    KatNewby Posts: 26
    Options
    I'm 5'4, weight about 140 right now, and I've been a 7-9US denim jeans for about a year. Half the time the waist doesn't fit, too loose, but my thighs and butt, where I carry my weight, fit perfectly. I was a 5-7 for all of high school when I was bouncing between 125-135.

My EXACT experience.

My goal is a size 6. That would feel like heaven to wear!
  • justrun52
    justrun52 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3", 107 lbs, and my pant size varies just like everyone, but it's ranges from 0 to 4.

I have a hard time shopping for pants because my waist measurements are smaller than my butt, so if something fits in the waist, It's a little too tight in the hips and butt, but if it fits in the butt, it's too loose in the waist.