Is taking a before photo really that necessary ?

Options
13»

Replies

• brainfreeze72
    brainfreeze72 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My BEFORE picture is what I was BEFORE I gained 30+ lbs. It is my profile pic and my motivation. I don't need to remember the permanent muffin top I seem to be "blessed" with right now. I don't need to be reminded of the extra roll of flesh around my middle...it nags at me every day. If I knew 5 years ago what I know now I wouldn't have been so critical of my thighs.
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Yes. You will regret not doing it.

YES AND DOUBLE YES

TRIPLE YES

I have zero pics of myself at 170lbs. The one in my profile was after losing 20lbs.
    So it's not necessary, of course your lose will count but for your own self reflection it probably wouldn't hurt to take one. Even if you are the only one who ever sees it.
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    YES. Take before photos!!! Looking back, I wish that I had taken more when I was bigger. Sometimes I feel like there hasn't been much of a difference and then I look back at photos and its like WHOA!!!! That feeling is such a great feeling and inspires me to keep going!
  • jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<<< That's my "before" picture, after loosing 14 pounds.

It's down right horrifying if you ask me.

But, I has really bounced me out of denial about how big I am right now. It's so much easier to fool myself when I only see the top half in the mirror (don't have a full length mirror) or when I hide behind my kids or husband for pictures.

It's depressing to see myself like that, but it is motivating me to work to change it.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    This is very old, but this is my before and during of just 1 month apart from one another. I didn't think there was a change but when I see this I was amazed...

1month.jpg

My 30 day shred results of why it's important to take photos of progress especially doing a program. I would have never known how my body was truly transforming without photos.

30dayshrd.jpg

This is just the first round.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I took pictures of myself in my underwear on my cell phone. I immediately emailed them to myself and deleted them off my phone, so nobody could ever see them. I'm glad I did. 38lbs later it's great to see how far I've come. :)