5' - 5'2" girls I want to hear your story and pics!

Options

Replies

• l0l0p
    l0l0p Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    great sharing!
  • DarthGibbles89
    DarthGibbles89 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", 23 and I'm currently 104. :(((( Unlike most people here, I'm trying to gain weight. I'm underweight for my age and height, so I'm working hard to be more active, but try to eat much more food than before. lots of people always tell me, "why gain weight? I wish I looked like you". I am so skinny, doctors threaten to hospitalize me- among other reasons of course. I once weighed 87lbs because I got so ill. I also have many health problems that cause me to lose weight too quickly. But I'm working hard to get to 115lbs - and hold it! The heaviest I've ever been outside of pregnancy was 118lbs. I'd love to be there again.
  • angiemotto
    angiemotto Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    So glad I found this tread! I'm 5'2 and my heaviest about 4 months ago was 186. I'm now 151 and my goal is 135. Once I hit that I may or may not shoot for more. I've alway been on the the thick side but in a good way. Just in past couple years I packed on the pounds just settling down and being happy lol. No one believes I was 186 but I know because the scales don't lie and I felt so unhealthy. I don't have any pics that show a change, I wish I would have documented it with photos like everyone on here. Thanks for sharing everybody!
  • appifanie
    appifanie Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", 23 and I'm currently 104. :(((( Unlike most people here, I'm trying to gain weight. I'm underweight for my age and height, so I'm working hard to be more active, but try to eat much more food than before. lots of people always tell me, "why gain weight? I wish I looked like you". I am so skinny, doctors threaten to hospitalize me- among other reasons of course. I once weighed 87lbs because I got so ill. I also have many health problems that cause me to lose weight too quickly. But I'm working hard to get to 115lbs - and hold it! The heaviest I've ever been outside of pregnancy was 118lbs. I'd love to be there again.

I don't actually know what this problem is like - I know that some people who need to gain weight do P90X and it helps to bulk up a little (it actually technically isn't a weight loss program, it's for muscle gain, but I want to gain muscle and lose weight) - I'm in the 1800 but you could maybe have even more. Just an idea!
  • mommy3457
    mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I am 26, 5'2" and holding at 125. I'm not necesarily looking to lose weight, more to tone. Even at my lightest (112 February 2012) I still had a nasty bulging belly. I guess its like those starving african children pictures with the big bellies. I need to figure out how to tone. Millions of crunches do nothing, and I don't have a lot of time for hardcore cardio.

IDEAS????

Try doing tranverse ab exercises. They work your inner core.
  • mommy3457
    mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1". I have a large bone structure, and I'm curvy.

When I was pregnant, the highest I weighed was 185 lbs.

297373_134720406670744_1738544273_n_zps34261a91.jpg

Now, I'm 145 lbs. The lowest I will go is 125 lbs because I know that it is a good weight for my body frame and bone structure.

988683_10101387031649341_2050022150_n_zpse65b5b9a.jpg
  • ST99000722
    ST99000722 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Bump for later - what a great thread ! I'm quite happy where I am now, just trying to lose some fat and let these muscles show !

5'

HW 140
    CW 118
    GW 112 ?
  • Clipper1969
    Options
    You look adorable...keep up the good work!
  • camila_scl
    camila_scl Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    bump
  • izahaira
    izahaira Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yeaaay! A thread for us of petite height. I have just started my journey and I hope to lose around 40 lbs to get to 105 since I have a very small frame. This current weight is the highest I have ever been.
  • Shaylyn1986
    Shaylyn1986 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. What type of exercise do you do?
    I'm 5'2!

PkAzBvp.jpg

3pCNAsB.png

Thank you! I wish I did but I hate exercise. :( I've tried zumba, crossfit, hiking etc. but eventually I stop and just do my diet.

I walk my dog for about 15-20 minutes 3x a day. Sometimes I'll use the elliptical in my apartment during a show but not often.
  • duckiec
    duckiec Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Story is still being written, but I started out in January this year, when I was 10lbs over my highest pregnancy weight, eesh. Started around 183, currently around 140, and planning to get to 120 or so before re-evaluating. I'm 4'11. I barely took any before pictures, and haven't been documenting along the way, really- I still hate the way I look in photos and think I'm huge.

While I've done okay so far, I admit it's definitley getting harder to stay committed, food-wise. I feel like I've restricted so long and I'm getting burned out on that. However, my fitness/exercise is the best it has been in my entire life... and that's with just basic strength training/bodyweight/dumbell work at home, plus Zumba classes and lately- running. I ran not one, but two 5k mud runs this year, and was shocked to find them easy! Want to work up to a harder obstacle run, and also thinking this winter it may be time to start a gym membership and doing some real lifting.
  • Wantingslim
    Options
    Great post
  • jlburns2005
    jlburns2005 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • olehcat
    olehcat Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    bump for later reading
  • milk_and_cookies
    Options
    Bump
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    LolaDeeDaisy23 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3. I was probably 140 at my heaviest. A couple months ago I decided to go on a 1200 calorie diet & do pure cardio. My ultimate goal weight was always 115 so when one day I finally hopped on the scale & saw I was 114 it changed my whole perspective. I looked unhealthy & I was miserable & I felt deprived :( I was unhappy. Unhappy with how I looked & felt. I just started nrolfw a month ago & it literally changed my life. I upped my calories & now my goal is to gain strength & confidence & look toned, but above all to be happy & healthy.
    One month in & I have biceps now! Ladies feel free to add me I'm always looking for more friends on here for support & motivation :)
  • marinashakeel
    marinashakeel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I am 5'0.. And my highest was 152 lbs and now i am 136-138lbs.. It keeps shifting:/ i am maintaining this on purpose due to some problems but from nov -march i will lose these extra 36lbs to reach my goal of 100. Sorry no pics taken..
  • MACnificence
    MACnificence Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    In to follow
    Also 5'2
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!