5' - 5'2" girls I want to hear your story and pics!

Options

Replies

• shayjgordon
    shayjgordon Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5"...hey being this short every 1/2 inch counts haha...to determine my goal weight I took the average weight of what my BMI should be. I lost 35lbs in 2012 before becoming pregnant with my second baby and am doing it all over again now. I went from 165 to 130 in 6 months, losing 10 lbs in the first month. What really helped me see progress was to take measurement once a week and pictures once a month.
  • twhaley1990
    twhaley1990 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm a smidge under 5'3. I started my journey 3 year's ago because I was a junior in college and my heaviest, 135, and realized soon I would be out there in the real theatre world amongst girls in better shape than I was. I went down to 122 from that January to that August purely from exercise. I did adopt some healthier eating habits, which was good because I expanded my palette, but I never learned portion control because I would just work off the extra I ate. I gained it all back the second semester of my senior year (though it spread out in more flattering places, so it took me a while to realize) because of my gym neglect, and that summer I got active again, but only went down to 130, which I thought looked decent enough. I made it my resolution though January 2013 to lose 5 lbs by May and actually live a totally healthy lifestyle to make myself a better performer, not just one that could work off that huge slice of cake later. I did a lot of research and found my way to myfitnesspal (i loved having an app as opposed to logging on my computer all the time, plus the community is better) and committed more to making cleaner food choices and portion controls. In my first few weeks of my resolution, I got a bad sinus infection and didn't work out, but I lost weight just from keeping up with my healthier eating habits! I learned then abs were made in the kitchen, and that was what I needed to have the confidence to keep going. I lost 10 lbs by may and have actually kept it off (and lost two more!). I'm currently 118, thelree lbs from my goal weight. I kind of want to lower my goal because my stomach isn't exactly where I want it to be, but this year, I'm trying to focus on adding strength training (i only did cardio), so I may keep the goal weight and do more measuring :). Good luck on your journey!
  • khgraves
    khgraves Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Great work, Jeanine Page! I love that you took another pic standing next to your boyfriend's sister. Quite a transformation. Keep it up in the new year.
    alexluevano19-impressive 1- work in 6 months time.

Much older (and shorter) than most of you on this thread- I'm 52 and 4'10" (not many forums for the under 5 foot crew). I restarted my journey to optimal health in July at 135 (MFP pal weight was from awhile ago) and am at 121.6 now. I'd like to get b/w 105-115. I've done the Healthy Wage 10 percent challenge and have until Thursday to post a weight of 121.5 to reach my challenge goal weight and earn $300. With the holidays I keep vacillating between 120-122- I'm doubling down on exercise, water, and healthy food choices to weigh in for the money and then continue my journey.
  • Lillyloooo
    Lillyloooo Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm 4ft 11
  • Mitzigan94
    Mitzigan94 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    5ft nothing here. currently weighing 120. Started at 145. I still feel chubby. lol. But everyone tells me I look thinner than before. I just hope to lose another 10 pounds. I'm on maintenance sedentary of 1550 kcals and I believe I can still lose weight at that. When I was at my weight loss plateau at 130, all I did was maintenance kcals(my maintenance before was 1670-1700 sedentary). And bam.Finally got down to 120. 10 more pounds to go. I'm praying for it! :)

Feel free to add me, any 5ft under and above.;)
  • Dorothy4208
    Dorothy4208 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Bump 'cause I'm a shorty and need to be inspired :flowerforyou:
  • shafa4321
    shafa4321 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    5 2 and I am 47 y old. started above 150 and now 124 size 0-2 . like to get below 120 . sorry no picture . Good luck and when u started it will get easier .first step is hard step .
  • LaraRN
    LaraRN Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Congrats!
  • kayveebee7
    kayveebee7 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5ft 3. At my highest I was 185 and am now 124.

0c8eff6c.jpg

411f9e44.jpg

body.jpg_zpsb5b8a90b.jpg

face.jpg_zps45fa3ac3.jpg

I'd like to lose another 12ish lbs :)

You are my motivation!!!
  • stalyn151
    stalyn151 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Bump. What a great thread!
  • TendaiMa
    TendaiMa Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Bump...for inspiration!
  • Fiery_Vixen
    Fiery_Vixen Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and 32 years old with 4 kids ...I currently weigh 143 but am trying to get down to about 120. All my pics in my profile show me AFTER the birth of my twins back when I was about 125-130 ..Of course gained some weight with the fourth and final baby...now I'm back to trying to lose it all again. If I did it once after twins, I can do it again after a singleton!!!
  • Ipradhan
    Options
    Thats great. I am 5'3" and 116 lbs. I need to lose some belly fat - how'd you manage?
  • TendaiMa
    TendaiMa Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    What a transformation...well done!
  • MidModJenn
    MidModJenn Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Replying so I can continue to follow everyone's amazing successes! I'm 5'0" on a good day (*grin*) and din't think I'd be able to get lower than the 130s until I saw this thread (currently in the 190s). Yay!
  • brendas026
    brendas026 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Im 5'0 and started at 165 pounds (the 1st picture) then exercise my way down to 120 pounds and got a tummy tuck and boobs (2nd picture), then exercise some more and went down to 113 pounds (3rd picture )now im current ly 108 pounds (Sorry no pic yet) Im 29 and have 3 kids 11, 6, 2.DSC00019.jpg
    photo-4.jpg
    1236580_238148496337979_1347735003_n-1.jpg
  • MinyMinnie
    Options
    Bump!
  • ashleymarie9807
    ashleymarie9807 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Not done still have 15/20 pounds to go. I started at 200 56915898_821.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!