5' - 5'2" girls I want to hear your story and pics!

Options

Replies

• kufahlaatc123
    kufahlaatc123 Posts: 61 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    bump I love this thread it is very inspiring. <3
  • gemmamummy
    gemmamummy Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11 (so an inch too short for this thread!). The Pic of me and my husband was taken 1 month after having my son and weighing around 120. I'm now 100lbs. Which I achieved through an all over weight lifting programme, 3 times a week. Going as heavy as possible with free weights. Goal now is to get totally shredded.
  • RRBww
    RRBww Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    badholland wrote: »
    All so inspiring, I've gone through the whole thread!

I found the thread inspiring and just a tad discouraging! Most of ladies' starting weight here is my goal weigh! Oh well...slowly, but surely...

• Wills820
    Wills820 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    gemmamummy congrats! you look great!

how much cardio did you do while you were lifting 3x a week. i don't know if I want to focus on shedding fat right now or building muscle and THEN shedding fat.
  • Daisy253
    Daisy253 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    traciemc wrote: »
    I'm 153cm, or a titch over 5'. Heaviest weight was 195 in January 2010. Got down to 157 in June 2010, then moved states and totally fell of the wagon.

Fast forward to January this year, I was back to 186 :( Have now gotten down to 144 and would like to lose another 15 pounds before deciding if that's enough or not :)

January 2012 - 186 pounds (84.5kg)

january2012.jpg

A couple of weeks ago at dog obedience training - 144 pounds (65.4kg)

obedience1.jpg

Great job everyone!!!! Traciemc, love the doggie, I have a male, he is awesome :)
  • esl0810
    esl0810 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • waituntil
    waituntil Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My best weight was 124 lbs and I'm 5'3" with a naturally muscular build. I wish I was still 123 :(
  • gemmamummy
    gemmamummy Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Wills820 wrote: »

how much cardio did you do while you were lifting 3x a week. i don't know if I want to focus on shedding fat right now or building muscle and THEN shedding fat.

@Wills820‌ - Thank you. I did 20 mins of cardio at the end of my session. 10 mins running and 10 mins on cross trainer.....I hate cardio. With regards to your goals; do you know your current body fat%?
  • d3gus
    d3gus Posts: 97 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    RRBww wrote: »

I found the thread inspiring and just a tad discouraging! Most of ladies' starting weight here is my goal weigh! Oh well...slowly, but surely...

I know xx
  • d3gus
    edited January 2015
    Options
    RRBww I know I have 100lb to lose to get to some of their starting weights too!! But i know deep down I can do this and you can too.. stick with it :) x
  • Wills820
    Wills820 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    gemmamummy wrote: »
    Wills820 wrote: »

@Wills820‌ - Thank you. I did 20 mins of cardio at the end of my session. 10 mins running and 10 mins on cross trainer.....I hate cardio. With regards to your goals; do you know your current body fat%?

It's been a while since I've gotten the calipers done, but I haven't changed much. It's probably hovering somewhere around 21%
  • sunshinelover9
    sunshinelover9 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is my 1st post on here...started using the fitness pal app 18 days ago and I am so happy with how accountable it has made me. Im 33, 5'1 mother/wife to 3 kids. I began my journey at 190 lbs and at my 2 week weigh in, I had lost 5.6 lbs! I have signed up for my first 5k in May and am working on eating healthy and working out. My goal is to be arpund 125 and lose all this FAT that is sitting all over my body. I was small my whole life til I became pregnant 11 yrs ago and its been a downward spiral ever since. Beyond excited to be on this journey!!
  • lamiafromParis
    Options
    Bumb
  • kufahlaatc123
    kufahlaatc123 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    d3gus wrote: »

I know xx

I agree. My goal weight right now is 150 which a lot of these threads stating weight. But for me that is ok I'm not trying to complete. I just want to be healthy and comfortable with myself.
  • d3gus
    Options
    d3gus wrote: »

I know xx

I agree. My goal weight right now is 150 which a lot of these threads stating weight. But for me that is ok I'm not trying to complete. I just want to be healthy and comfortable with myself.

I was hoping for around 140, but that still leaves me 60 to go with 38 lost already - still it's our individual goal and who's to say that that will be our final goal.. once we are there - well who can say :) we have just got to go one day at a time and do the best we can today because tomorrow just might be the day we hit our goal xx
  • Fat4Fuel2
    Fat4Fuel2 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" (hope that's ok). My highest is 164. I'm currently 161. It's coming off slow. My goal is 135-140. I have lots of muscle.
  • nicole779
    Options
    I'm just under 5ft 3. At my highest I was 185 and am now 124.

0c8eff6c.jpg

411f9e44.jpg

body.jpg_zpsb5b8a90b.jpg

face.jpg_zps45fa3ac3.jpg

I'd like to lose another 12ish lbs :)

Awesome! Great job!

You are such an inspiration!!!!!!!!!! Great job!
  • srenabp
    srenabp Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am 5 ft 2. Im down 99lbs since March 2014..from 315 to 216 lbs..I want 50 more gone. Finally wearing 18 jeans this weekend for the first time.

Great progress, congrats on your first size 18 weekend! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!