5' - 5'2" girls I want to hear your story and pics!

Options

Replies

• enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I am 5 ft 1 (maybe 5 ft 0, but whatever.)
    SW: 195 lbs
    CW: 146 lbs
    GW: 125 lbs

I had a set of twins, so my belly is really stretched out, with some excess skin.

wow. Your stomach is super flat now? I have a 3 year old and an18 month old and I'm no where near as flat as that yet! Granted, I'm doing mostly cardio and calorie counting. Did you do any special exercise?

BTW I'm just out of this group at 5'3"

SW 223 (started in February 2014)
    CW 189
    GW 140
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • WyrdSyster
    WyrdSyster Posts: 21 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    My story here is just beginning. I am 5' 0" tall, age 46, current weight 116 with running clothes on. I have a small frame and my weight has been as low as 85 (not healthy) to a high of 120 (last winter). I feel and look my best at about 90 to 100 pounds. My goal weight is 95 to 100. I have a VERY small frame and any amount of excess weight looks terrible and shows up from my cheeks and chin to my ankles. Never had children & no medical issues other than perimenopause. Just joined MFP and started tracking calories and exercise about two weeks ago for the first time ever! Super excited to learn, get fit and trim again. Will report back with progress/pics in a few months I hope!
  • siriusciel
    siriusciel Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Bumpity Bump! Very inspiring thread! 5'0 here. Started at 193 lbs in December of 2008. I lost 50 lbs prior to my wedding in October of 2011. After I got married, I didn't work out as much and one cheat day turned into two, then three.... I told myself I would start working out again on Monday. Monday came and went quite and bit over the the past 3 years resulting in putting back on 25 lbs. Back at it again - finding the right mix of exercise and clean eating that works best for my long term success! Good luck everyone :smiley:
  • tcith73
    tcith73 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • molllissy
    molllissy Posts: 16 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    0bv3razrehw8.jpg

Dropped from 192 to 137 in 1 year! I'm 5'2
    tt.jpg 78.1K
  • Healthy67Chick
    Healthy67Chick Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • FabulousJasper
    FabulousJasper Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    mikbwydpjzzl.jpg
    s4nwx94wqbtc.jpg

Before photo: May 2013, weight 217lb.
    After: October 2014. I've lost a little since then and weigh about 170.
    Target Weight: 126lb

I'm 5'2.5
  • aserranzana16
    aserranzana16 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Before photo: August 2013, probably 140. I don't have any full body shots of me at my heaviest, because I hated getting my picture taken at that time. I wasn't crazy overweight, but I had been much lighter (between 105 and 110) for most of my adult life. Somehow I let myself slip for something like 4 years. I exercised, but not diligently. Even worse, I was just eating huge portions and not being aware of it. It was starting to get to the point where, whenever I did go for a run, my ankles and knees really strained under my weight. In February of 2014, my boyfriend and I decided to lose weight using MFP together.

After: Around June 2014, about 109. I've gained 5-7 lbs back since then, but am headed back down.

I'm 5'1".
    Bad.jpg 307.5K
    Good.jpg 112.9K
  • NakedNatalie
    NakedNatalie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    bump
  • d3gus
    d3gus Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    wow! eleanorblack - just marvelous :)
  • shill12306
    Options
    All of you amazing ladies give me a lot of motivation. I just started and could really use all of the motivation I can get. I'm 5'1 and starting at 177lbs. Anyone with some insight as to what worked well for them would be much appreciated
  • d3gus
    d3gus Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have lost 27lb in just over 2 months..( need to lose around 100lb total height 5ft2 ) I have not got a gym membership and walk and use free weights. I have set myself a target of walking 2 miles a day and have done my own 'routine' with the free weights to try and target my key areas of arms stomach and legs, which i do morning and night - I also throw in some swimming when i have the time.
    - With regard to food, it was very hard the first few weeks with my body getting used to less - but i make sure i have breakfast ( love rice krispies ) and have an apple mid morning, i have learned to love ryvita ( i have 4 )with a tuna and sweetcorn mix for lunch Evening - i reduced my plate/bowl size so that it is full but is a more realistic portion size for an evening meal - I don't now eat bread ( except the odd naan when we go out ) - I found it bloated me terribly and only have small portion of rice - i do sometimes replace rice with mashed sweet potato that i love and that i have in place of normal potato.

I do find that i lose constantly for about 3 weeks then plateau for the next 2 - I learnt this by weighing every day for the first month to see how my body reacted day in day out to the food i had eaten and the activity i took - I now know that even though the scales don't budge for a few weeks it is no great shakes - i keep doing what i am doing and stretch myself to improve me, and they will go down again - patience - you are living your life anyway - you might as well lose the weight along the way - the prize is a new you.. whenever that day comes.

Well done to everyone who 'tries' you are the winners here.. you will get your prize everyday you are a step nearer to where you want to be :)

PS: I put on 6 stones as i suffered for 5 years with Hatchimoto's disease ( thyroid ) without diagnosis - I was in a terrible state but are now in a place where I can 'try' and get my life and body back

• brimingus
    brimingus Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yay short people!!! I am 5'2...ish. :)

I am currently at the heaviest I've been since I was in high school and I'm 22 now. BUT I feel great! You probably just seriously laughed at me....

I've had weight problems ever since my depression started in full swing and by weight problems I mean eating disorder. The smallest I have ever been was 92 at 5'2 when I was around 13 (no, I have not grown since I was 13). The older I got and the more I got my depression under control, the more my therapist and I started working on the ED. I struggled again when I got to college. I was deathly afraid of the freshman 15! I was at a healthy weight of about 125. But instead of the freshman 15, I'm pretty sure I did the freshman NEGATIVE 15. Once again, I stopped eating. My college had the BEST coffee shop and for me, it was coffee, lattes, and cigarettes.

By last year, my senior year in college, I was around 115. Still a "healthy" weight but I wasn't healthy at all. Smoking, coffee, still skipping meals, diet soda left and right.

Graduated from college, moved back home, my mom started cooking for me and I started finally relaxing into life. The stress of my college life was gone. So I gained a bit more weight.

In July this year, I finally got my invitation to serve in the Peace Corps in Burkina Faso with a departure date of January 2015. That's when I quit smoking. And then I gained LOADS of weight. (By this time I had already cut out diet soda. Finally found out how much damage it was doing to my teeth. Yikes!)

Around September is when I hit 135lbs. I stepped on the scale and I KNEW I had to do something....that's when I started Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. I started watching my calories but not necessarily cutting out all the things I love to eat. I mean, I'm headed to West Africa where I will probably not see cake, or cookies, or other "American" sweets for 2 YEARS! I'm taking full advantage while I still can! I fluctuated a little bit in September and October. Got back down to about 132lbs. But the more I worked out with Jillian, the less I cared about losing weight and the more I cared about just having a healthy lifestyle.

It's still a work in progress. I still mostly skip breakfast and dinner. I know it's unhealthy, but I've had those eating habits for over 10 years and they're hard to break. Right now, I'm focusing on at least having protein shake for breakfast.

One step at a time...

result1.jpg
  • Charliecatesq
    Charliecatesq Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Cannot wait to add my own after to this thread once i have lost some poundage!
  • theflamingpopsicle
    theflamingpopsicle Posts: 71 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Spring 2014 vs. Fall 2014. I didn't see a huge difference until I compared these photos. I showed my brother and his eyes went wide and he said, "Jesus, Mary and Joseph..."

I'm 5'2" so excess pounds are really apparent, especially on camera. First pic I was about 150, second between 136-139. (Haven't weighed myself recently.) Still haven't reached my goal weight but I'm getting there!

0a2h21sexuvm.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!