5' - 5'2" girls I want to hear your story and pics!

Options

Replies

• Wills820
    Wills820 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    MaoTzu wrote: »
    5' here, 24 years old. I'm about 100lbs (first picture) and I started at about 130lbs (second picture). It took me about 1 year to lose that weight. My goal weight was 100. I lost mainly through diet, but I started lifting weights (deadlift, squat, benchpress, etc) this summer and fell in love. I jog 3-4x a week, somewhere between 3-5 miles and do yoga once in a blue moon, when my hips beg me to finally stretch. Thanks for posting this thread! It is awesome seeing fellow shorties!! hnbj3v7858b1.png
    oc7u7oo23van.png

I was in a similar position, having lost about 30 pounds and then maintained around 104-105 lbs. for a couple years at 5'2". Did you find you gained some weight after starting to seriously lift?
  • MaoTzu
    MaoTzu Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've gained a few pounds. I actually lost weight to 97lbs (not pictured) and then gained a couple pounds from lifting (shown in that picture). In my experience, gaining muscle weight made me look slimmer and feel healthier/better. I lost body fat, too. I'm about 19% BF now, 102lbs, and a size 00 pants.
  • anyuta_m
    anyuta_m Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1'' and currently at 178. I am 43 y.o. Tried to lose weight and gave up many times, so I am starting again now. Previously I was able to lose 20 lbs max. Hope to be successful with this latest attempt. I am starting to feel effects of excess weight on my health now.
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    bump^ I'm 5'2" started at 185.5 am currently 177. Don't know what my end goal will be. I was thinking about 125-120? maybe this topic will help.
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    anyuta_m wrote: »
    I am 5'1'' and currently at 178. I am 43 y.o. Tried to lose weight and gave up many times, so I am starting again now. Previously I was able to lose 20 lbs max. Hope to be successful with this latest attempt. I am starting to feel effects of excess weight on my health now.

I am 5'1 and started at 178, am now 110. I started when I was 50 after being fat off and on my whole life. My pictures are on page 10 of this thread. YOU CAN DO IT!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    r1wti9ccc6al.jpg
    left: May 2012 - 154lbs, ..then Feb 2013 - 140lbs to current Dec 2014 - 135lbs
    pqvt5qe90ncu.jpg
    2011 and 154lbs and on right Jun 2013 - 136lbs
    am still a work in progress!

5ujs9iu8quss.jpg
    2011 (154lbs) on left...and Jun 2013 (136lbs)
  • SandiT1010
    Options
    I'm 5'2 , 45 years old and have 2 children. I started MFP 2012 at 180, after many struggles of losing, gaining , losing, gaining I am currently at 150 and hope to get to 125

IMG_0421_zps3fe43c2d.jpg
  • lil_lizt
    lil_lizt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    uswz4uigijag.jpg
    z75h0yydeuwd.jpg

I'm 5' and I want to get down to 122lbs :)
  • SheBeButLittleSheisFierce
    Options
    I'm 4'9 and have reached my half way Mark. I've lost 58 lbs this year and am looking forward to the next 58 being gone as well. It isn't letting me post any pics at the moment though.
  • akoullias
    akoullias Posts: 18 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Not nearly done but posting to bump this because it's my favorite thread

5'2
    180-160

hxjjsdio0dgw.jpg
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    akoullias wrote: »
    Not nearly done but posting to bump this because it's my favorite thread

5'2
    180-160

hxjjsdio0dgw.jpg

Wtg! You look great, keep up the great work ☺
  • NZblue
    NZblue Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Ooooh! I am so glad I found this thread. I am JUST under 5 foot 2. And I am 108.2kg (240ish) pounds. My goal is 56kg.

This is super motivating!

I'll definitely post befores and afters when I am done! And as I progress.

Currently, I run/walk/jog 5km daily -with my daughter in her pushchair, or with my dog, or both! ;)

I also gym, but prefer running. =)
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 1...creep my profile pics
  • Nickuki
    Nickuki Posts: 15 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I have no pictures but here's my story so far.
    I'd love some short weight loss buddies so please feel free to add me!
    I'm 5'2 btw!

I was 190lbs at the beginning of 2012. Lost 30lbs by July of that year then I found out I was pregnant. At this point I was at my lowest weight In adult life. I stopped weighing myself when I went well past 200lbs pregnant.

My son was born via c-section at the end of March 2013. I did not weigh myself until July-ish of that year, I was 180lbs.

Since then, (mostly thanks to breastfeeding!) without any effort on my part I magically stand at 160lbs again. I have pretty much lived off junk right now but continuing to breastfeed a toddler means I'm slowly dropping weight.

I decided now is probably the best time to actively try to drop weight! This is the first time in my life I have ever started a diet at what I consider a low weight. My weight has yo-yoed between 170 to 190 my entire adult life.

It's stupidly exciting to know that every pound I'm about to drop will bring me to a weight I haven't ever seen on the scale!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and 128lb and started at 155. I wear a size 4. I don't have before pics, but you can see my current ones on my profile.
  • FrazierSamuel
    FrazierSamuel Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    ...creep my profile pics

Done.

If I had to guess your age based on your photos, I would have been 10 years off! That is something for me to aspire to.
  • twentypoundsdown
    Options
    for your height and age you should be between 100 and 120 pounds.
    http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/resources/heart/latino-weight-html/need
    Some sources vary a little bit, some say between 105- and 125, but I think as long as you weight more than 100 and less than 125 you are in the healthy weight range in terms of disease risk and things like that. Check out the chart its easy to use and shows you your bmi. Also, American and European/ Australian charts differ by 1-5 pounds. American charts say we should be a few pounds heavier than the European charts show, but its really subjective and as long as your close to the recommendations and happy with yourself I think its fine!
  • ladycurves87
    ladycurves87 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation!
  • marinashakeel
    marinashakeel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    i am a 21y/o 5'0 ft girl .i started at 152lbs on may 16, 2013.. now i am down to 125lbs. my goal weight is 100lbs..
    although i have lost alot i fail to see it anymore in the body.. all i see is fat everywhere and recently i have been feeling more and more uncomfortable in my skin... any help guys? also, i have fallen from my healthy track and going back to my slow lifestyle slowly.
  • qwerty1712
    qwerty1712 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    No pics, too embarrassing. I'm 5'3" and weigh 205 lbs. :-( Amazing work here, well done everyone. Hopefully I can take some of this inspiration & use it to motivate myself into doing half as much!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!