5' - 5'2" girls I want to hear your story and pics!

Options

Replies

• shortntall1
    shortntall1 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    thank you!!!!
  • hkirk06
    Options
    These stories are such a great inspiration of all the hard work...thank you for sharing.
  • bekanswer
    bekanswer Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" ish. I was 202lb, am now 167lb. Wanting to get to about 140lb.

Add me i am always logging
  • camillerauch
    Options
    im 5.2 and my goal weight is 110lb which might seem a little low but I have such a small frame, and I was not blessed with women curves :(
  • jennifir
    jennifir Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I am 5 ft 2. Im down 99lbs since March 2014..from 315 to 216 lbs..I want 50 more gone. Finally wearing 18 jeans this weekend for the first time.

wvxy1mj6yjzp.jpg
    8eq1s99yhnux.jpg

WOW!!!
  • shortntall1
    shortntall1 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    thank you! <3
  • d3gus
    d3gus Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am 5 ft 2. Im down 99lbs since March 2014..from 315 to 216 lbs..I want 50 more gone. Finally wearing 18 jeans this weekend for the first time.

wvxy1mj6yjzp.jpg
    8eq1s99yhnux.jpg

well done xx
  • blackeyed_susie
    blackeyed_susie Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I don't have any good pictures, but I'm in the 5'2" club as well. My build is unusual (I think), because my frame is small like my mom's (as seen in my wrists, shoulders), but I'm genetically pretty muscular (like my dad). So it adds up to my looking fine at quite a range of weights, but the second I overload my frame (this happens at about 140), I look like a completely different person.

Anyway, I'm 42 now. When I was 30, I broke my ankle and gained 40 pounds - that was the beginning of the end for my weight struggles - I have battled my weight my whole life, but this was the first time I had passed "curvy" and was squarely into "fat" territory. My high was 165, and on my frame, I was pretty huge. And everything hurt - knees, feet, back. The only benefit was that I had a world-class rack - I seriously loved my boobs at that weight.

After a few years of this, I was diagnosed with PCOS, got my thyroid figured out, and went down to about 125 (it took a year of struggling) and at least looked like myself again!

Had some personal drama (heartbreak), got down to about 110-115 by not eating. I'm a little too thin under 115 - my face gets drawn and I look significantly older.

These days (at 40+), I'm good in the 120-125 range. I'm exercising more than I ever did when I was thinner, so I think the number is deceptive. I don't think I'll ever see 115 again - I don't think I want to. I'm around 135 now, and let me tell you, after 40 it's been a struggle for every single pound.

I like talking to other short women about this - some of my taller friends look at me like I'm deranged when I talk about some of these numbers (like the fact that I am obese at 140 if I'm not lifting weights), but I have to remind them....five pounds at my height is a totally different animal than five pounds at 5'9".
  • girlgettinglow
    girlgettinglow Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    nice job lady's! keep it iup
  • Xena067
    Xena067 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 2" and reached my goal of losing 30 lbs with MFP on October 4, 2014. I've been on maintenance ever since, and have stayed within +/- 2.5 lbs of my goal.

You can read my MFP Success Story - if you scroll through, there are updates:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1372642/52-and-22-lbs-lost-im-an-mfp-lifer-now

Here's a recent before / after. Note: I'm wearing make up in the before pic, but not in the after pic:

4hkfmfmjqr9v.jpg
  • RRBww
    RRBww Posts: 40 Member
    Options

wvxy1mj6yjzp.jpg
    8eq1s99yhnux.jpg

you look fantastic! What an accomplishment!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    RRBww wrote: »

wvxy1mj6yjzp.jpg
    8eq1s99yhnux.jpg

you look fantastic! What an accomplishment!

You're doing great ☺
  • Fit4Life0901
    Fit4Life0901 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am 5'1 and I am looking for supportive friends. I am 23 and applying to graduate programs. I have worked very hard this past year and have lost a good amount of weight through eating healthy and working out 4/5 times a week. I started around 118 and I am currently 105. I am pretty much wanting to just maintain this weight and keep doing what I have been. If I happen to lose a little more thats fine but focusing on toning and weight lifting. Goal is to stay at 102-105 :) which is a healthy weight for my height. add me if you would like. I am super positive and love to give advice when I can.
  • ssanford77
    ssanford77 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2". I started at 207 and I am now down to 133. I am shooting for 120. I have a few pictures on my profile.
  • lisaw19855
    lisaw19855 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft1 currently 205, I got down to 180 2 years ago but not sure I'll ever be at my 125 max ideal weight.x8k2jg8xrnni.jpg
    b5n2inlr7ewj.jpg
  • californiajuls
    californiajuls Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    WOW! Awesome results.. thank you for sharing.
  • marinashakeel
    marinashakeel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Bump... to keep this topic goinf on.. i love this thread..
  • loxottica
    loxottica Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I love all the before and after pics! <3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!