Hard BOILED EGGS...GOOD or BAD?!?!

Options

Replies

• curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I'm okay with the white part, but I think the yolks are nasty! They go into the trash. lol
  • dannyg772
    Options
    Eggs are great. I love them. And it's true, they're not the evil they were once touted to be. Egg whites are even better.
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Eggs... magical weight loss food for my body. I try to eat them every day. I love prepackaged hard-boiled eggs. So convenient. I prefer to have a couple for breakfast.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    :heart: eggs. I can't get enough of them and have been salivating all day thinking about the tortilla pizza with an egg baked on it that I've got planned for dinner.

Eat them. All of them.
  • melissafaith24
    melissafaith24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    i prefer mine of the cadbury variety but i do love me some scrambled :tongue:
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I don't think eggs are bad for you, it's just like most anything else,, moderation.

I don't mind having one whole egg, cooked any way, but if I want more and don't want the extra calories, I just eat the hard boiled white and toss the yolk to my cat. I also make omelets out of one whole egg and 2 extra whites. There are about 70 cals in one whole egg and only 17 in the white, and that is where the protein is. It's an easy and cheap way (til the chickens start eating that $8.00 a bushel corn!) to get extra protein and to stop hunger between meals.
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I eat 3 whole eggs a day. I eat them scrambled or make an omelette. I used to throw the egg yolk out, not because I disliked it, but because I thought it was unhealthy for you. I thought the cholesterol and the fat in it was bad. Then I heard stuff about it not affected your health and such, but to be honest, I like eggs, they are a great source of protein and fat and make a great breakfast :D
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Yep love my eggs, eat 2 a day!
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    :heart: eggs. I can't get enough of them and have been salivating all day thinking about the tortilla pizza with an egg baked on it that I've got planned for dinner.

Eat them. All of them.

I'm coming over. I'm bringing a box of orange chocolates and we're having a party, mm'kay?
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I simply don't eat them because they're one of the most cruel foods you can eat, but I won't get into it. It's bad for my karma. :p

Whatcha mean?
    Cruel if they're battery eggs maybe, but the 4 hens in my garden seem totally okay with us eating what is essentially a period. (dwell on that the next time you're having scramblies y'all ;) )

Eggsxactly my hens dont mind either
  • GerritTheBlacksmith
    Options
    Good
  • Yani51
    Yani51 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I don't think the cholesterol in eggs that is much of a problem, rather it's the amount of saturated fat in them.
    My cholesterol was getting high, so the doc told me to cut down on saturated fats. I did and my cholesterol went from 5.8 down to 4.1 within a couple of months. Cholesterol in foods is not that important for most of us, unless you are diabetic. Saturated fat is the problem. Can I suggest you search +cholesterol and +Harvard School of Public Health for more information on the influence of saturated fats and carbs on blood cholesterol levels.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I simply don't eat them because they're one of the most cruel foods you can eat, but I won't get into it. It's bad for my karma. :p

Whatcha mean?
    Cruel if they're battery eggs maybe, but the 4 hens in my garden seem totally okay with us eating what is essentially a period. (dwell on that the next time you're having scramblies y'all ;) )

I love it! I pointed that out to my family on a few occassions too....and I've been contemplating making a place in our yard for a few hens myself.

I've had mine for about a year, they're great! They're super low maintenance, eggs every day (less at this time of year when they're moulting) and chickens running is one of the funniest things you'll ever see
    I loved having chickens and wish I could again. Once you have fresh eggs, you hate the 'store bought' kind. They also love to eat scraps from vegetables you cut up, old stale bread, etc., so no more adding to the landfills or compost! I gave mine anything out of the garden that I wouldn't take in the house. Also, if you let them eat grass/and or give them flax seed, the healthy omega oils increase in the eggs and the yolks appear darker. And yes, chickens are fun to watch. Try giving them poprocks. They love it and keep coming back for more, even though they run around shaking their lil heads. haha
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious as to what others think of eggs...I don't eat a lot of them because I've heard of high cholesterol and all...but do you think of them as being good or bad for you? I occasionally hard boil and eat them to increase my protein since I do weight lifting, but I don't know how many I can eat and still be 'healthy'. Any thoughts?

They're delicious when you add a little mustard and paprika to the yolks. :love:

Eggs are good for you. Don't let the Food Police scare you.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Hard Boiled Eggs are just fine, as long as you don't screw up cooking.

1) Put eggs in empty can
    2) Cover with water (and then a little more)
    3) Bring pan to boil and let boil for 2 minutes
    4) Shut off heat, cover pan and let sit for 9 minutes
    5) Drain and rinse eggs with cold running water or transfer to an ice bath until eggs are cool.

Step 5 is very important as it halts the cooking process and leaves you with nice yellow yokes instead of the awful green yolks I got every easter from that damned bunny.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I'm okay with the white part, but I think the yolks are nasty! They go into the trash. lol

We should set up a swap! :laugh: My whites sometimes go in the trash and I just eat the yummy yolk!
  • shelbyfrootcake
    Options

Eat them. All of them.

I'm coming over. I'm bringing a box of orange chocolates and we're having a party, mm'kay?

Egg and chocolate party. Is there any better kind??
  • shelbyfrootcake
    Options

They're delicious when you add a little mustard and paprika to the yolks. :love:

Eggs are good for you. Don't let the Food Police scare you.

Oh my days. That mustard/paprika thing sounds awesome!
  • kjw1031
    kjw1031 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Deviled eggs!! loveshower.gif
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options

We should set up a swap! :laugh: My whites sometimes go in the trash and I just eat the yummy yolk!

GREAT IDEA!!! LOL