Dumped

Options

Replies

• chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Get out on the pull - after 10 other guys he won't seem half as important!
  • alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I am sorry to hear this for you! I was not dumped, but instead my guy of 3 years decided to commit suicide. I had to deal with the guilt, humiliation, loss & grief all at the same time. What I didn't do (but should have), is seek counseling & work out. What I did instead was shrink into a deep depression that took almost 2 years to realize I had to shake off & move on! Join a support group if you need to and whatever you do, don't blame yourself! Someone else suggested just get out there and run....good advice! Just you, the pavement & your iPod with UPBEAT music. Hang in there; you got this!!
  • tinabell153
    tinabell153 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I broke up with my boyfriend of 5.5 years 2 weeks ago. It was rough and I did not make good food decisions and gained 5lbs. I can just tell you it gets easier with time. Find comfort in friends and family and you can pull through this difficult time. There's so much life to live and we only get a short time to live it. Don't stay upset for too long or it will consume you! Get out and do things for yourself!
  • Audarra
    Options
    Go out with your friends and go dancing. Keep busy. Maybe go and stay at a friends somewhere for a couple of days or have someone come and stay with you. HUGsX
  • 120weeks
    120weeks Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    If you are sure you never want to go back, I'd write out a list of reasons why so you can have that ready if temptation strikes. Outside of that, I'd feel even more motivated to be hotter than ever. I don't think that is bad motivation. Like, strive for seriously hot beyond even your own expectations, LOL. Everything else will fall into place and you will find the happiest days ahead of you.
  • jamielovesjbs
    jamielovesjbs Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    i'm so sorry! all the positive things you are doing with your life, just might be weeding out negatives (including the ex). take it one day at a time. you are a strong woman, the best man for you is yet to come!
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    All of the above and start some NEW activity. Volunteer somewhere, when you're giving, you have less time to focus on yourself. It is really healing to help someone else. Plus, it puts you in contact with other giving people. Win. Win. And as trite as it sounds, most things work out for the best. There's someone out there that is meant for you.
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Talk it out... keep a journal, write a blog, find a support group, go to a good dinner with supportive friends.
    Work it out - run, walk, swim, SWEAT - every time you want to eat, find something else to do.
    Take up a hobby - fill your hands with crafts, books, games, or art instead of food.
    Feed your soul - yoga, sleep, therapy (if desired), and church if it's your thing.

Just some thoughts -I've had a rough year with my husband's health and these are some things I do. If you slip and binge, forgive yourself and move on to the next day.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your first 5k and your new start in life :)
  • Nessi37
    Nessi37 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Give yourself permission to be extra good to you! Go out and get a new book, rent a good movie, take a bubble bath, manicure, pedicure, do a bunch of things that make you feel good. The pain of a break up will take time to get over and is a major adjustment. My mother always told me when I was hurt to take it one day at a time, and if thats to much take it one hour at a time and if even that is too much take it one minute at a time.

Be good to yourself because you deserve it! :heart:
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Connect back with friends that you may have dodged or missed during the 4 years...

Work out...

Boxing gets a lot of anger out for me... Lifting does too... You realize how truly small you are when you do things like that and it humbles me... but boxing is my ultimate release. You punch and strike until you can no longer do it and the endorphines help...
  • deanna_bond
    deanna_bond Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Listen to the song let yourself go.......go on a run go on a vacation, go on another 5k, go find a different new life, go try a new thing, go hiking
    go fishing
    go running
    go scuba diving
    go cave dwelling
    go with friend on a cruise
    go to a different county
    LET YOUR SELF GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    SHOPPING!!!!! lol shoe shopping ALWAYS makes me feel better :-)

Also hang out with family and friends who love you ;-)
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    You have come so far, you are half way to your goal. Don't stop, don't give up. Go out and spoil yourself. be sad, be angry, be mad at him. It is his loss, not yours. Pamper yourself with a manicure or pedi or massage or GNO or something.

Awe..what great advice. :smooched:
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    You're gorgeous! Go get yourself something new, play happy music, exercise - the endorphins will make this all easier! Get a night out with your mates... When something really sad happens in my life I give myself a full day to really feel sad about it, I feel just as sad as I can about it for that day, I indulge the feeling and get it out and over with! The next day I just move the hell on x
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Men suck...sorry guys...most of you do at one time or another. Take care of you girl and get yourself to where YOU want to be...happy with yourself...then you'll find that Mr. Right...
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear!! What was the reasoning he gave? That's just awful! Maybe it's for the best though! Keep thinking he wasn't the right one and there's someone better out there just for you! Definitely no Ben and Jerry! Though in small amounts wouldn't be too bad. What I do with ice cream, put a tiny bit in a bowl and not eat out of the pint, I'm too lazy to get more :laugh:

I'm happy to hear you didn't go that route, that's totally awesome!!
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    SO sorry to hear that!! Very unfortunate...

BUT everything happens for some reason whether we can see it at the time or it takes us years to look back and realize. Right now I think it's best that you keep doing positive things for yourself, keep working on your goals. It may sting a lot right now but you are going to look incredible and feel so accomplished once you are able to move on from this.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Last weekend was one of the best I ever had. I completed my first 5K, which was first on my bucket list.

Today, I got dumped after being together for 4 years.

Ouch.

The old me would immediately go home, get in my sweats along with my old pals Ben and Jerry and eat myself into a coma.

I will NOT do that this time. I have come too far, worked too hard, accomplished too much to revert back to my old ways and a pint with a spoon.

So....any advice on how to get past this without food? I worked out and that didn't really help. At this point, I am open to any suggestions.

This sucks y'all. :frown:
    Congrats on making your first 5k!!!

As far as picking yourself up, good job!! I've been in your situation. Do things you want to do. Do something that will make you feel beautiful (not that you aren't anyway!) and always laugh at yourself :happy: Go out with friends. Do some crafts, writing, reading...etc. I did a lot of writing and reading after being left. It really kept my thoughts away from what I had lost. Keep your mind busy. It can be hard, but make sure to do things for you. Most importantly, if you slip up, don't worry. Keep moving forward.
  • DawnVanSlim
    DawnVanSlim Posts: 10,471
    Options
    The fastest way to get over a man, is to get under another one. :tongue: