Does anyone else plan their days in advance?

Options
13»

Replies

• atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I usually log and premake most of my meals the day before. With my hectic school/work schedule, I don't really have time in the morning to do all of that before I start my day.
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I didnt first time round but I will now! I may even plan a week in advance so I know what to buy when I go shopping!
  • SyStEmPhReAk
    SyStEmPhReAk Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Same as almost everyone. I plan a few days in advance because i pretty much know what i will be eating for my meals everyday - Pre-workout/Post-workout/B'fast/Lunch/Dinner/Snacks. It's actually something i look forward to doing.
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I do to a certain extent. I eat a lot of the same foods over and over. I have the same 5 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 5 snacks, and couple dozen dinners that I rotate out.

It works for me for a few reasons.

1~ I know where I stand calorie wise and avoid as much guess work as possible so I don't get tripped up as easily.
    2~ It helps me financially because I have my grocery list down and don't spend money on stuff I don't need.

Of course there are times when things come up and I can't stick to my typical pattern but those days come and go without disrupting my weight loss too much! :drinker:
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Yep I do, helps keep me on track
  • BalmyD
    BalmyD Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Yes! I pre-log almost daily and then edit it if I didn't follow the plan for some reason. That way if I know I will be having a treat or eating out I can plan around that and make sure I don't get derailed. I can also eyeball my total fruits and veggies and macros to see if my plan looks good or needs changing BEFORE I actually eat it.

I also find (as others have said) that looking forward to the food for the day helps with enjoying what I'm eating and enjoying the portion size I'm allowed to eat.
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I do a week at a time and then I make my shopping list off this meal plan.
  • newpurple2013
    Options
    Oh yes! I have to or I may overeat. Plus I want to remember what I put in my body.
  • rivka_m
    rivka_m Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    Yes, since I have to bring in lunch for work. Breakfast is always the same, lunch is determined by what I cooked/prepped the night before. If I don't bring in lunch, I wind up with Cheez-Its for lunch from the vending machine, so planning is key. I don't have the time or the money to have a healthy restaurant meal for lunch.

I suppose I could go crazy with dinner but it's almost always a veggie burger and maybe frozen veg, no bun if I'm running low on available calories.
  • lbweems
    lbweems Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just plan my dinners in advance. Unless I am going to be meeting someone for lunch, then I plan that ahead. Its hard for me to eat healthy when I watch others eat whatever they want. It takes more will power. So the pre-planning helps me stick to a goal :)
  • lbg257
    lbg257 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    yep! on days I work (3 days a week) I have my whole day planned before I even get up! On days I'm off it gets a little more difficult.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I do for the most part. I always go in and alter, but it gives me an idea of what I'm dealing with for the day.

^^ this ^^
    somedays I will eat almost exactly whan I plan, some days don't go according to plan, but having a plan lets me see what I can and can't do in a pinch.

and pre-logging exercise holds me accountable to do it.