Saving all my carbohydrates for the end of the day?

Options

Replies

• EccentricDad
    EccentricDad Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Just my two cents...

^ For the record Ed, your two cents are correct.

This website has no shortage of pocket change. Next time I am the OP, if I need change I'll ask for it.

wow, nice attitude...its a discussion...no need to bully.

You weren't here when it happened, one of these two relentlessly bullied me in a thread about 4 hours ago to the point that I had it locked because I was nearly in tears. I don't hold grudges, but I have no respect for people who give me none back.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Just my two cents...

This website has no shortage of pocket change. Next time I am the OP, if I need change I'll ask for it.

For an HSP who demands respect from others, you are really rude to people.
  • wolfmegs32
    Options
    yeah I try to eat most of my carbs early also. I work at a va hospital pushing patients all day. But my problem is I'm getting to much protein.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Just my two cents...

You weren't here when it happened, one of these two relentlessly bullied me in a thread about 4 hours ago to the point that I had it locked because I was nearly in tears. I don't hold grudges, but I have no respect for people who give me none back.

I respectfully throw out the suggestion that if someone is so upset with interacting on a website
  • btrippin
    btrippin Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    One thing to consider is the possible effect that carb consumption at night could have on the body's human growth hormone production. HGH production mostly takes place at night as you sleep. Since carb consumption at night causes elevated levels of insulin and since elevated insulin levels can result in lower HGH production, many people believe that carb consumption at night can lower the body's HGH production. Lowered HGH decreases the body's ability to build muscle and burn fat.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Just my two cents...

worlds-smallest-violin.jpg
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Just my two cents...

Well for the record that wasn't me, I was out stuffing my Pie Hole with Queso and Chips and a Large Pizza.... :drinker: again I do not bully nor do get confrontational with anyone, I simple offer my point of view even if it doesn't agree with yours... I will leave it at that cause My cereal and chocolate milk are calling...... Have a Great Evening......
  • EccentricDad
    Options
    Just my two cents...

I give respect first and if they don't return it, I don't have to be respectful again. Be nice to people who are nice to you, but you don't have to be nice to people who aren't nice in return. Eye for an eye. You get what you give. Look, I've been bullied 25 out of the 30 years I've been alive, I know how to detect people who are only here to be direct/bold/rude and not tender/empathetic/conpassionate. I am sorry if you two didn't like my snap, I'm still bitter about my thread.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    When I first started this recent weight loss journey I believed a lot of kooky things about diet. I was driving myself crazy. I did a carb restriction diet about 7 years ago and lost 50 lbs. I abandoned it for a million excuses and gained it all back within two years (baby didn't help with that one).

I like carbs. I eat late at night.

Trying NOT to eat carbs was driving me bonkers and I was sabotaging myself. So I started reading threads like this, paying attention to the arguments, reading the research and realized I was over complicating things. I eat within my macros, but I still struggle with carb/protein balance. I am trying to keep it simple and eat in a balance between not torturing myself and not indulging to excess.
  • EccentricDad
    Options
    I respectfully throw out the suggestion that if someone is so upset with interacting on a website then perhaps they should either stop said interaction or grow a pair.

I respectfully throw out that if someone wants to tell another person to grow genitalia then they should be expected to be reported for not respecting other members of the forums. Your idea of a "man" has nothing to do with me. Keep your beliefs to yourself, we are here to discuss fitness/diet not your beliefs on how "men" should act.
  • MissPatty584
    MissPatty584 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Just don't eat them after 8PM.

Just kidding, only misinformed people would suggest to avoid eating carbs at night. I generally eat the bulk of my carbs before bed and it doesn't change anything, I've tried switching it up believe me. Your body doesn't have any idea what time it is, eat whenever you want. All that matters is overall intake, not timing.

This is what works for me.. the overall, not the when.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    One thing to consider is the possible effect that carb consumption at night could have on the body's human growth hormone production. HGH production mostly takes place at night as you sleep. Since carb consumption at night causes elevated levels of insulin and since elevated insulin levels can result in lower HGH production, many people believe that carb consumption at night can lower the body's HGH production. Lowered HGH decreases the body's ability to build muscle and burn fat.

somewhat true...if you're a female you usually burn fat in the deeper sleep cycles.....in natural sleep. Cortisol might, if it's too high, prevent that.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    OP

I usually eat all my carbs at night too. Usually at 8 pm or LATER.
    I have been losing consistently.

Overall day is what matters, not when!
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    Just my two cents...

I give respect first and if they don't return it, I don't have to be respectful again. Be nice to people who are nice to you, but you don't have to be nice to people who aren't nice in return. Eye for an eye. You get what you give. Look, I've been bullied 25 out of the 30 years I've been alive, I know how to detect people who are only here to be direct/bold/rude and not tender/empathetic/conpassionate. I am sorry if you two didn't like my snap, I'm still bitter about my thread.
    I'd rather rise above. Civilized people don't operate on an "eye for an eye" mentality. Treat others as you expect to be treated.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I respectfully throw out the suggestion that if someone is so upset with interacting on a website then perhaps they should either stop said interaction or grow a pair.

I respectfully throw out that if someone wants to tell another person to grow genitalia then they should be expected to be reported for not respecting other members of the forums. Your idea of a "man" has nothing to do with me. Keep your beliefs to yourself, we are here to discuss fitness/diet not your beliefs on how "men" should act.

Lol - I have no idea what you are talking about. Did I mention genitalia? I think not! You may be being a little paranoid.
  • EccentricDad
    Options
    I'd rather rise above. Civilized people don't operate on an "eye for an eye" mentality. Treat others as you expect to be treated.
    Rising above doesn't solve problems. It's a Win/Lose and nothing really gets resolved. If people aren't held accountable for their actions (like everyone does to me based on the belief men shouldn't be emotional) then how are they going to correct their behavior? Respect should always be mutual. And respect starts with remembering that the person you are talking to or debating with has feelings, and treating them like they do.
  • EccentricDad
    Options

Lol - I have no idea what you are talking about. Did I mention genitalia? I think not! You may be being a little paranoid.

What pair would I grow? A pair of pants? Socks? Ears? Eyes? Oh I know, feet. Look, the point is, you can't be nasty on the internet and expect people to just accept the abuse. You may be able to talk to your friends this way, but I don't like being told to grow anything as a result of me expressing that I had hurt feelings.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    Just my two cents...

Ooo. Nicely put.
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    Rising above doesn't solve problems. It's a Win/Lose and nothing really gets resolved. If people aren't held accountable for their actions (like everyone does to me based on the belief men shouldn't be emotional) then how are they going to correct their behavior? Respect should always be mutual. And respect starts with remembering that the person you are talking to or debating with has feelings, and treating them like they do.
    I don't know. I do it, and I don't get in nearly as many petty arguments as you seem to. Seems to work for me.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    If I eat heavy carbs, anytime of day, I get really hungry about 90 minutes later regardless of how much I've eaten. If I spread them out over my daily meal plan, I never get hungry. Something to think about. It's the same as eating sugar; when it starts to wear off, it triggers the hungries.