When do you stop eating for the night?

Options
I usually eat up until 2 hours before going to bed. Tonight I am already over(estimating) my calorie goal by almost 250 and I won't be going to bed for another 3.5 hours. Am I good to not eat anything else tonight or do I have a small snack before bed like normal?

I'm not to worried about being over my calories because I was way under yesterday after exercise..

Replies

• Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    It's best to stop eating before bedtime, because you can get a lot of crumbs in your bed otherwise.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Just before I sleep. Why?? Because digestion takes up to 72 hours to complete...3 hours stomach, 3 hours ilium and the rest in duodenum... what do you think an hour or two will do?
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    When I am out of Kcal.
  • ksavy
    ksavy Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    It's best to stop eating before bedtime, because you can get a lot of crumbs in your bed otherwise.

^^^Great Answer.^^^

I would say if you are hungry have a small snack, if not its not going to hurt you not to have one.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    This....
    But if you stay away from evil carbs, you can eat while in bed too.....::laugh:
    Jokes aside, it does not make any difference to weight loss - might interfere with comfortable sleep if you eat too much right before bed...
  • coddy4
    coddy4 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have a response that is along the lines of your topic....I went to a doctor's appointment and the receptionists greeted me and was eating a small bag of baked lays. We were making small talk and she was telling me that was her dinner, she was skinny as can be, she said her boyfriend was supposed to bring her her dinner salad but wasn't able to make it, so she had to make do. I said well you can eat when you get home, her reply, I don't eat after 7:00. I thought, hmmm, so that is how skinny people do it. You know how they say what would jesus do (WWJD), I say what would the skinny girl do (WWSGD). I don't always follow that rule or I too would already be skinny, but I am trying!:smile:
  • ribena1958
    Options
    I always have something to eat before going to bed. Its never interfered with my weight loss x
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    probably around 9:30pm when i finish my dessert. I go to bed around 11.
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Whenever I'm done eating or fall asleep.
  • ShallaLovee
    ShallaLovee Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I usually don't eat after 6pm but you know the days when you have a late dinner 8-9pm.
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    When I fall asleep, unless I wake up in the middle of the night, then I might have more, lol.
  • PandaPants0612
    PandaPants0612 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It always varies. In fact, I have a special category in my food diary for food I consume after midnight and after I've completed my diary for that day- it just goes into the next day but this way I can see how much snacking I'm doing late at night.

I really have no desire to curb my late-night snacking, though. I eat when I'm hungry and since I'm usually busy during the day to eat, its usually at night.
  • 0MissErin0
    0MissErin0 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    In all honesty, it doesn't matter when you "stop" for the day. It would be stupid to go to bed starving as you would most likely not be able to sleep well. As long as you're not eating a whole chocolate cake to yourself i do not see the harm :)
    Like a previous poster stated, digestion does take a while so stopping 1 or two hours before bed most likely wouldn't do a thing. Eat some healthy snacks before bed :)
  • DonaA123
    DonaA123 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Cassandra__Marie
    Options
    i try not to eat after 7pm but if i do it will be something like popcorn, cereal, something not too heavy on my stomach or high in calories either.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I stop when I'm out of calories. Tonight I'll be eating about 1k calories shortly before bed.
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    When I' m not hungry and out of calories.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I ate a bowl of ice-cream in bed last night just before I went to sleep (Wonka Kerfuffle Truffle - I highly recommend it).

The only worry about eating late is if it takes you over your calories or makes it hard for you to sleep.
  • shm1289
    shm1289 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I stop eating 2-3 hours before I go to bed. If I still feel hungry when I'm about to get into bed, I have a little bit of peanut butter and it keeps me full during the night.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    When I have had enough cals....or when I feel my body has had enough to eat.
    I either go with the number of cals, or how I feel.
    Also, generally it's great to stop at 7pm, 'cause I hit the sack at 9pm.