Some people sparkle. Some pour buckets. How do you sweat?

Options

Replies

• Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    My hair gets really wet all over, my lower back drips..a few drips down my face..and there is always a wet band under my chest area and below my tummy
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I definitely sweat buckets. Sometimes it gets to the point where I can literally wring the sweat out of my shirt at the end of hard workout!
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I glisten like a lady of course :flowerforyou:
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Pure, unadulterated sweat from every pore... ! And I drink a ton of water throughout the day even when not working out (OK, it's about a gallon and a half, not really a ton..)

I have to change my clothes AND shoes before I leave the gym and have to hang everything up the second I get home to let it dry BEFORE I put it in the laundry basket for my next wash day (which gym clothes alone are more than 1 load every week!).

I will admit though, I've had quite a few hardcore workout sessions where I worked out long & hard enough that I actually stopped sweating... yea, that was when I realized I had an exercise addiction... :wink:

(I tell my husband he doesn't workout hard enough cuz he doesn't really sweat... that just infuriates him to push harder:laugh: )
  • RCS17
    RCS17 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Like I just got outta the shower -- it's awesome when working out cuz you know that you worked hard.....but when you're not working out and you randomly start to sweat..you're like WTF. >.< Hahha
  • conservativek
    conservativek Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I sweat like I've just run a mile ALL. THE. TIME... And it's really embarassing! I feel so unladylike always walking around with a sweaty upper lip and armpits. Pretty sure it's hormonal, as it's happened to me all my life, no matter my weight, even as a little kid. Learning to deal with it has been a challenge for me. -__-
  • toddjg
    Options
    I love this topic. I sweat a LOT. As someone else mentioned, if I don't wait like a half an hour after my run, I will be sweating when I leave the shower. Seriously... I mean a lot. LIke every shred of clothing I wear is soaked through - even my socks. When I hang by the pool after, if I am wearing my crocs, they actually pool up with sweat in the bottom of them. Yeah, I know I am making y'all want me about now. (I better check my inbox for all the new friend requests THIS is going to bring - sorry, different thread.)

I have always been this way though. In fact, one of my favorite stories is that when I was an INFANT, I even did. My mom had me tested for Cystic Fibrosis because I tasted salty when she kissed me. For real, it used to be called the "kiss of life". It's really a thing.
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/cystic-fibrosis/DS00287/DSECTION=symptoms

Does this make me gross?!? Yeah, I know.
  • GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    Options
    Buckets is an understatement for me.
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    My body pour rivers, buckets can't even handle my sweat.
  • rmarley05
    rmarley05 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I sweat like crazy too!! I can watch the sweat drops rolling past on the treadmill belt as I run!! I caught my children sneaking downstairs to show their friend how sweaty I was when I was almost finished on the treadmill! I only saw them cause they happened to pick the very end of my time lol!! I even had to sew me some sweatbands to keep it out of my eyes! It messes with my contacts if it drips in there!! Glad I'm not the only one!
  • Khymera
    Options
    I go from zero to soaking wet in the blink of an eye. Thank goodness I'm not a person who tends to get funky!
  • Depends on what I am doing.
    On a step machine, runnning or boxing - I sweat bucket loads - hair so wet it sticks to my head.
    Doing weights or on a bike - not so much.

But no matter what I do my face turns bright red and I look like I am going to pass out!

I will get the tell tale wet patch down my back and under my boobs :laugh: but luckily I don;t have any sweat glands under my arms so no marks there!
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I sweat buckets

My boss used to say, "HarlCarl sweats clocking in."

....not as much as I used to though. (dropped 105 pounds)
  • mothernicole
    mothernicole Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I sweat buckets! Everyone in my family does...when my sister got married the photographer was trying to figure out how to identify her family--I heard someone tell him to just look for the people sweating like crazy. It is not a pretty site...but it is me! :)
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I used to sweat a TON! Now it's usually a thin trickle down my back and sometimes down my face. I also glisten on my chest :) I've never really glistened before.
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I sparkle...it takes a lot for me to sweat. My body has a great cooling system!
  • suzesymon
    suzesymon Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I swear like tear drops....like my fat is crying.

Me too! I wear all black to train, it's like a funeral for my fat.
  • Ellas_Time_4_Change
    Options
    I Shine & Sparkle :wink:
  • 13inchestogo
    13inchestogo Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I look like a sweaty lobster by the time my work out is done. Represent sweaty lobsters.
  • Sparren
    Sparren Posts: 106
    Options
    Buckets! I'll lose 1kg in sweat during a Zumba workout - and that is despite almost draining my 750ml bottle of water during the workout!

Its not pretty - all sweaty and red in the face, blotchy arms and legs. Thanks for this thread, nice to know I'm not the only one.