TRADER JOES

Options
tnqnt
tnqnt Posts: 397 Member
What are your favorite Trader Joes gems?

Replies

• Ichristini
    Ichristini Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    The Cabernet Beef Roast 140 Calories for 4 oz! Soo Yummy!
  • sugarbomb83
    sugarbomb83 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Vegetable marsala burgers topped with mango ginger chutney!
  • tnqnt
    Options
    Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream Wedges -- 100 calories!!
  • Ninjajenna
    Ninjajenna Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I live in CO and we're just about to get our first Trader Joe's. I've bought seasoning from them, but are they a good place to shop from in general?
  • tnqnt
    Options
    I live in CO and we're just about to get our first Trader Joe's. I've bought seasoning from them, but are they a good place to shop from in general?

GAWWWD YES!! They have lots of great stuff and are super fair price wise!!:-) :-)
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    All of it!

But when I discovered they sell crumpets that are really crumpets and not some cr@p with a fake-o name I almost died and went to heaven!
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options

Yes and no. Some locations have good produce, others not so much. They price by the unit (banana, apple, etc) rather than by the pound, so shopping on a budget can be easier. We've liked their cereals, salsa, black bean dip, coffee, soups, and other packaged foods. Their meats have not impressed me.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    What are your favorite Trader Joes gems?

honey-sesame almonds

love their salmon

fiber fruit leathers

sea-salt drl choclate almonds

Chicken Tikka Msala for the microwave
  • tnqnt
    Options
    All of it!

But when I discovered they sell crumpets that are really crumpets and not some cr@p with a fake-o name I almost died and went to heaven!

I keep looking at those but have never bought them. What do you eat on them? Would you treat them like an English muffin??
  • Ginnyesq
    Options
    Whole wheat sourdough bread
    Veggie masala burgers
    turkey bolognaise
    chicken breakfast sausage
    low fat sliced cheddar cheese
    I also get a lot of my produce there, like raspberries. Always fresh, I never get them home and find them stuck together with mold I couldn't see in the crummy store lighting. I LOVE Trader Joe's.
  • altarimage
    altarimage Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    honey-sesame almonds
    love their salmon
    fiber fruit leathers
    sea-salt drl choclate almonds
    Chicken Tikka Msala for the microwave

I second the Chicken Tikka Masala!
    It's that time of year. APPLE CIDER! Best in the whole grocery world :3
    I also like their chocolate from different countries variety pack, which is also seasonal.
    Steel Cut Oatmeal :D
  • bellydancer124
    Options
    Their Greek yogurt is really good!

I also had this brie and raspberry appetizer from there once that was amazing. It was so long ago though, I don't know if they still sell it.
  • tnqnt
    Options

I second the Chicken Tikka Masala!
    It's that time of year. APPLE CIDER! Best in the whole grocery world :3
    I also like their chocolate from different countries variety pack, which is also seasonal.
    Steel Cut Oatmeal :D

Yes ... their chocolate is incredible.... the dark chocolate toffeed espresso pillows and their dark chocolate almonds :-) :-)

Also their fruit butters !! Cranberry apple is the best!!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    raw unsalted pistachios
    low salt chicken sausage. You have to choose though,. Each of them is different - you can go low cal and high sodium or high sodium and low cal. Not both!
  • emzmc
    emzmc Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    All of it!

I keep looking at those but have never bought them. What do you eat on them? Would you treat them like an English muffin??

Crumpets are awesome! I'm from the uk and we have them over here.

Warm them up and put some butter on them. Even better when you put jam on top of the butter. Yum yum yum. Also you can make pizza crumpets, warm them up slightly, spread some tomato purée on top and melt cheese over the top.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Sesame Soy Vinegrette dressing
    Light Champagne Vinegrette dressing
    Honey Pretzel Sticks
    Freeze dried Bananas
    All their cereals ( so good I wont keep them in the house, thats a binge waiting to happen, especially the maple pecan)
    Their salsa rocks and yummy variety of humus
    generally have good quality fruits & veggies

Oh and their chocolate is great, especially for the price. They have 100 calorie bars that are perfect.

I like that they do samples... gives the opportunity to try things.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    chocolate dipped DUNKERS!!!!

oh and their brie is reasonably priced and quite good.
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Cookie butter and seaweed!
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options

Well...Don't get me wrong I love our Trader Joe's but I wouldn't say you can do all of your grocery shopping there. At least, my family can't. They are fantastic for service (ours will open a jar of something for us to try if it's new to us), they have great frozen sides and entrees (including single portions), a great variety of ethnic and vegetarian options and great breads/bakery items. The store near my house just expanded to include a large variety of cheeses and a large sampling area. But, there are no fresh meats and produce seems expensive. Overall, I think you're going to love trying new things there.

My current favorite indulgence is their Caribbean Fruit Floe which is a 70 or 80 calorie frozen fruit popsicle/bar. Yum! We also stock up on their Greek yogurt.
  • RaluKitty
    RaluKitty Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Everything! The 2% greek yogurt, the salad mix bags, the pub cheese (with Jalapeno), the Lacy Swiss and Colby slices, the valencia creamy salted peanut butter, the Italian Hearth bread as well as fresh ciabata and fresh Tuscan... The free range chicken (breast or thighs), the pollo asado, the carne asada, the pasta sauces (some of the lightest tastiest simple marinaras), the garlic basil linguine, the great selection of protein bars (Promax low sugar and ThinkThin are my faves) and I could go on forever. We get our groceries only from there...