Replies

• Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Turkey meatballs, marinara sauce, cheese, hummus
  • dellrio
    dellrio Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Orange Chicken-less bites ( vegitarian orange chicken - even my carnivorous friends can not tell they are meat free )
    Going Bananas - Dark Chocolate covered frozen banana slices
    Classic Hummus - I tried them all the classic is where its at though
    Falafel Chips <--- Eat the hummus with these and nothing else, you will not be disappointed.
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I can walk to the TJ's by our house! Pretty much everything we eat is from there! Some of our favs:

-Herb Dijon salmon fillets (refrigerated section)
    -Carne Asada sirloin steak (refrigerated section)
    -Frozen stir fry veggies
    -ANY flavor of the pre cooked chicken strips
    -Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    -Fat free Greek yogurt
    -Mirepoix (pre chopped carrots, onion, and celery. Such a time saver)
    -Arancini bites (Italian rice and cheese balls) AMAZING
    -Chocolate coconut frozen dessert
    -Thai Jasmine rice (frozen food) super easy and fast!
    -Fire roasted peppers and onions (frozen food) great with the Carne Asada
    -Orange Chicken
    -Teriyaki Chicken
    -Marinaded Chicken Skewers
    -Pink Moscato wine

Ugh... I could seriously go on forever!!!
  • JessicaMurch5515
    JessicaMurch5515 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    One opened here a few weeks ago, so I've only tried a few things but the Chili Lime chicken burgers are delicious. The Spinach Kale Greek Yogurt dip is good with carrot sticks or pita chips. I use the frozen mango chunks in my protein shakes and in greek yogurt. Polenta, Harvest Grains blend (israeli couscous, quinoa, baby chicpeas), marinated mushrooms, chickenless tenders, Garlic Mustard Aioli and the bags of chopped kale are all favorites. I did get a bottle of the Two Buck Chuck but unfortunately it gave me a massive headache.
  • finchase
    Options
    All of it!

But when I discovered they sell crumpets that are really crumpets and not some cr@p with a fake-o name I almost died and went to heaven!

I keep looking at those but have never bought them. What do you eat on them? Would you treat them like an English muffin??

I'm not British, so I probably didn't do them in the traditional way, but I toasted mine and put butter on them. Real butter albeit the "light", spreadable variety. Then I sliced up some ripe strawberries to go on top. They were fantastic! Another day I tried blueberries, but even though this is one of my very favorite fruits, I don't think they were as successful on the crumpet as the strawberries.

My birthday is coming up very soon. Maybe I'll celebrate by indulging in a couple of crumpets and strawberries. :)

Crumpets are awesome! I'm from the uk and we have them over here.

Warm them up and put some butter on them. Even better when you put jam on top of the butter. Yum yum yum. Also you can make pizza crumpets, warm them up slightly, spread some tomato purée on top and melt cheese over the top.
  • meer__kat
    meer__kat Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love their Spicy Soy & Flaxseed Chips - they taste like flavored tortilla chips (potato chips / Doritos are two of my weaknesses) but have much better fiber, protein (6g!) and even some omega 3s... the serving size is 7 chips but they're huge.

Their Dark French Roast coffee is also great, their olive oil is soo good and really cheap and I get their greek yogurt bc it's just 99 cents for a single serving cup.

My BF also loves the Tarte d'Champignon and the Tarte d'Alsace but I think they're each around 600 for a whole one, and I struggle to just have a half!
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    They have oatmeal that is frozen. Just pop in the microwave and MMMM

Orange chicken. It's the company's number one seller for a reason!

Before I went there, I was always convinced that they were pricey; they're not. They're pretty reasonable :)
  • lizardcave
    lizardcave Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My all-time favourite thing from TJ's is the pumpkin butter. I seriously buy jars and jars of it when I'm there to last throughout the year. (I add a spoonful of it to oatmeal.)

String cheese - more affordable than in grocery stores
    Low guilt guacamole - made with greek yogurt, only 30 calores
    Hummus - preferably the original kind of hummus
    Cranberry/nut cheese wedge circle thing. Divine.
    Barbara's PB puffins. Mmmmm.
    Organic vegetable and lentil soup (I buy this by the case. No joke.)
  • mistressdeedee
    Options
    Trader Joes just opened a new store in my area.... yahoo! I've heard lots of great stories... looking forward to my first time shopping~ thank you for all the yummy suggestions...
  • FluffyDogsRule
    FluffyDogsRule Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    DON'T buy the cookie butter!!!!! you will eat the entire jar in one sitting and gain 20 pounds. :)
  • NYAnnie33
    NYAnnie33 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Butter Chicken/ Tikka Masala
    Edamame
    Jams are awesome
    Cheese selection is great!
    Goat cheese and caramelized onions app... get compliments every time I serve it
    TJ is a snack HAVEN!!!
    Good beer selection!

Cat food is rated pretty good for the cats and they seem to like it!
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Everything.

No, really.
  • dangitsjill
    dangitsjill Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    The wine!
    And the jelly fruit slices.
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I do almost all of my shopping there. 2 of my favorites are the organic heavy whipping cream and coconut oil (both I add to my coffe everyday.

I think they also have great prices on salad stuff: lettuce, veggies...

The cheeses are great and the price for organic meats and poultry is very good.

and then there is the wine selection!
  • 0Karina0
    0Karina0 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Pomegranate White Tea and Chocolate mochi ice cream! <3
  • Ginnyesq
    Options
    DON'T buy the cookie butter!!!!! you will eat the entire jar in one sitting and gain 20 pounds. :)

This is why I have picked it up many times and never bought it. It looks sooo good but I have a feeling once that bridge is crossed I will be sorry. I have a hard enough time pretending not to see the english toffee. I can eat a whole package of that no problem.
  • ssp1977
    ssp1977 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Frozen diced mango - for making mango salsa (yum)

Goat cheese medallions - individually wrapped (70 cal) great for snack with a dollop of...
    Trader Joes Mango chutney on a rice cracker

And for the grand finale......Dark Chocolate Toffee with Walnuts & Pecans
  • Holly_penguin
    Holly_penguin Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    YUM! i want some!
  • sarah1334
    sarah1334 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    WOW! Apparently I need to start shopping at Trader Joe's! Does anyone know how the prices compare to other grocery chains (like Kroger)? Do you do all your shopping there or just specialty items?
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Everything?