Just Bought a Slow Cooker!

Options

Replies

• JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I made this really delicious concoction of frozen broccoli, cottage cheese, eggs, & cheddar. It was simple and tasty. Just can't find the recipe!!! I lost it and can't seem to find it online...

Sounds like a hearty breakfast of protein, cut out the cheddar though too much fat ;)

Is this some sort of fart joke? I'm just trying to make sense of this.

Marines know best, I guess? Lol!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I made this really delicious concoction of frozen broccoli, cottage cheese, eggs, & cheddar. It was simple and tasty. Just can't find the recipe!!! I lost it and can't seem to find it online...

Sounds like a hearty breakfast of protein, cut out the cheddar though too much fat ;)

Not if it's worked into your daily macros. IIFYM :D

I know all about macros ;)
    here is a link you may like
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/743724-useful-links-for-you-must-read?page=1

Which one of the two dozen links or so relates to macros? And specifically indicates that cheese will mess with them?
  • stormsusmc
    stormsusmc Posts: 228 Member
    Options

That's not quite as lean as I would like to eat, how did your mind wrap that into a fart joke...

Goals are different...I'm sure you checked out the thread I posted...but back on topic... I eat lean, low amounts of cheese, more lean meats...some milk with casein protein. cottage cheese in the morning...

Also love ghost pepper chili in the slow cooker =)
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

That's not quite as lean as I would like to eat, how did your mind wrap that into a fart joke...

Goals are different...I'm sure you checked out the thread I posted...but back on topic... I eat lean, low amounts of cheese, more lean meats...some milk with casein protein. cottage cheese in the morning...

Also love ghost pepper chili in the slow cooker =)

My farts can be very sneaky and lean
  • stormsusmc
    Options

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/743724-useful-links-for-you-must-read?page=1

Which one of the two dozen links or so relates to macros? And specifically indicates that cheese will mess with them?

Shall I post more about macros? I can if you'd like. Cheese is not something I personally eat a lot of. Mixing cheese with cheese also doesnt make for a lean meal.
  • JenKillough
    Options

Goals are different? How do you have any idea about my goals? And someone who'd warn against any one particular food like that doesn't sound to me like he's got a clue about an overall macronutrient profile goal.

And I did not check out the thread you posted... I took one look at your profile, skimmed that thread... and laughed and then posted about this silliness to my friends on my newsfeed.
  • taunto
    Options

Shall I post more about macros? I can if you'd like. Cheese is not something I personally eat a lot of. Mixing cheese with cheese also doesnt make for a lean meal.

23650123.jpg
  • stormsusmc
    Options
    Well I'm sure you have a great balance of proteins carbs and fats...I'm sure it's spot on...is your goal to lean out, get big, or get thin...all are different and require different avenues of approach....but if youd like to argue further feel free to start a new thread and not tread jack
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options

And I don't personally eat lamb (I don't like the taste). But that's no reason to advise against it. Nothing wrong with eating cheese covered cheese, IIFYM, as was stated earlier.
  • stormsusmc
    Options

23650123.jpg

Never it's great, but her recipe was loaded with cheese....Little overboard on the cheese
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

You raised the issue of macros and linked your thread (talk about thread hijacking!) - I am just asking which one refers to macros as I do not want to go wading through ones that are irrelevent. So does one, or does one not, refer to macros? Simples.....
  • JenKillough
    Options
    "Her recipe"... well, if you can tell me how much cheese is in my recipe, I'll kiss you. Because I seem to have misplaced that recipe and have no idea the cheese amounts/ratios anymore... and my husband BEGS for that meal on a near weekly basis.
  • stormsusmc
    Options

You raised the issue of macros and linked your thread (talk about thread hijacking!) - I am just asking which one refers to macros as I do not want to go wading through ones that are irrelevent. So does one, or does one not, refer to macros? Simples.....

http://paleodietlifestyle.com/question-of-macronutrient-ratios/

Yes it got skewed off topic quite quickly, and was not my intention, and I have mentioned she can start her own thread to flame me if she would feel better.
  • stormsusmc
    Options
    "Her recipe"... well, if you can tell me how much cheese is in my recipe, I'll kiss you. Because I seem to have misplaced that recipe and have no idea the cheese amounts/ratios anymore... and my husband BEGS for that meal on a near weekly basis.

Defend till you die killer, calm down on your husbands fav recipe. Cheese with more cheese is a negative for me...That's all that I was talking about...Don't get all butthurt...Cheese is great, but like anything in moderation...
  • JenKillough
    Options
    Flame you? I offered you thanks in the form of a kiss if you can find my missing recipe... ;)

(No, not really. My husband might have to try beating a marine's a**.)
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    cheesus farking christ

i can't wait till morning, so i can eat eggs and cheese.
  • stormsusmc
    Options
    Flame you? I offered you thanks in the form of a kiss if you can find my missing recipe... ;)

(No, not really. My husband might have to try beating a marine's a**.)

Enjoy your cheese :)
  • taunto
    Options
    cheesus farking christ

i can't wait till morning, so i can eat eggs and cheese.
    cheese-funny-picture-15167.jpg
  • JenKillough
    Options
    Over and out...

*ducks so as not to get spanked by the mods*
  • stormsusmc
    Options
    Over and out...

*ducks so as not to get spanked by the mods*

It's just "out"

over and out makes zero sense ;)

oh and if we wanna get all hippie, cheese has a huge carbon foot print vs milk..ill take milk over cheese ;) lol