Replies

• taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Over and out...

*ducks so as not to get spanked by the mods*

It's just "out"

over and out makes zero sense ;)

oh and if we wanna get all hippie, cheese has a huge carbon foot print vs milk..ill take milk over cheese ;) lol

23650123.jpg
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I made this really delicious concoction of frozen broccoli, cottage cheese, eggs, & cheddar. It was simple and tasty. Just can't find the recipe!!! I lost it and can't seem to find it online...

Sounds like a hearty breakfast of protein, cut out the cheddar though too much fat ;)

Not if it's worked into your daily macros. IIFYM :D

I know all about macros ;)
    here is a link you may like
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/743724-useful-links-for-you-must-read?page=1

Which one of the two dozen links or so relates to macros? And specifically indicates that cheese will mess with them?

Shall I post more about macros? I can if you'd like. Cheese is not something I personally eat a lot of. Mixing cheese with cheese also doesnt make for a lean meal.
    I disagree with you. Cheese is where much of my protein comes from. It's yummy and good for me. Fats are not a bad thing. Since you like to post links, here's one for you:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/607627-dietary-fat-cholesterol-and-fish-oil-importance
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

http://paleodietlifestyle.com/question-of-macronutrient-ratios/

Yes it got skewed off topic quite quickly, and was not my intention, and I have mentioned she can start her own thread to flame me if she would feel better.

I am sure it had nothing to do with pimping your own thread!

LOL - you are linking a paleoblog that has absolutely no sources cited as support. So, do you recommend the macros set out in the 'article' of their recommended macronutrient levels for healthy people is at around 20% carbohydrates, 65% fat and 15% protein by caloric intake?. Sounds like you do not based on your comments. And ironically, and ignoring the fact that dairy is not actually allowed on a strict paleo diet, cheese would be quite good if you were to actually follow these.

Edited to fix typo.
  • stormsusmc
    stormsusmc Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Over and out...

*ducks so as not to get spanked by the mods*

It's just "out"

over and out makes zero sense ;)

oh and if we wanna get all hippie, cheese has a huge carbon foot print vs milk..ill take milk over cheese ;) lol

pqr.jpg
  • stormsusmc
    Options

Yes it got skewed off topic quite quickly, and was not my intention, and I have mentioned she can start her own thread to flame me if she would feel better.

I am sure it had nothing to do with pimping your own thread! LOL - you are linking a paleoblog that has absolutely no sources cited as support. So, do you recommend the macros set out in the 'article' of Their recommended macronutrient levels for healthy people is at around 20% carbohydrates, 65% fat and 15% protein by caloric intake, not weight. Sounds like you do not based on your comments. And ironically, and ignoring the fact that dairy is not actually allowed on a strict paleo diet, cheese would be quite good if you were to actually follow these.

I'm sure you also noticed that I said you have to find out what works for you....I also said I eat cheese...I'm putting information out there for people to read and make their own plans and routines...Gotta love the interwebz, everyone is right and must be abrasive.
  • stormsusmc
    Options
    I made this really delicious concoction of frozen broccoli, cottage cheese, eggs, & cheddar. It was simple and tasty. Just can't find the recipe!!! I lost it and can't seem to find it online...

Sounds like a hearty breakfast of protein, cut out the cheddar though too much fat ;)

Not if it's worked into your daily macros. IIFYM :D

I know all about macros ;)
    here is a link you may like
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/743724-useful-links-for-you-must-read?page=1

Which one of the two dozen links or so relates to macros? And specifically indicates that cheese will mess with them?

Shall I post more about macros? I can if you'd like. Cheese is not something I personally eat a lot of. Mixing cheese with cheese also doesnt make for a lean meal.
    I disagree with you. Cheese is where much of my protein comes from. It's yummy and good for me. Fats are not a bad thing. Since you like to post links, here's one for you:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/607627-dietary-fat-cholesterol-and-fish-oil-importance

Please tell me more about omega 3s and 6s
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

I am sure it had nothing to do with pimping your own thread! LOL - you are linking a paleoblog that has absolutely no sources cited as support. So, do you recommend the macros set out in the 'article' of Their recommended macronutrient levels for healthy people is at around 20% carbohydrates, 65% fat and 15% protein by caloric intake, not weight. Sounds like you do not based on your comments. And ironically, and ignoring the fact that dairy is not actually allowed on a strict paleo diet, cheese would be quite good if you were to actually follow these.

I'm sure you also noticed that I said you have to find out what works for you....I also said I eat cheese...I'm putting information out there for people to read and make their own plans and routines...Gotta love the interwebz, everyone is right and must be abrasive.

I asked you to point me to a link that shows that cheese would not fit into someones macros as you inferred that there was one on the thread you made.....you still have not. I am not sure what is abrasive about that.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I put in a roast or some pork chops, a can of cream of mushroom soup, some dry Lipton's onion soup mix, and whatever veggies I feel like. Tender meat with yummy sauce!
  • stormsusmc
    Options

I asked you to point me to a link that shows that cheese would not fit into someones macros as you inferred that there was one on the thread you made.....you still have not. I am not sure what is abrasive about that.

Try to read, please. I said too much cheese...cheese with cheese if overboard...I said nothing about cheese not being a source of protein/fats...I choose to get mine from more sources rather cheese topped with cheese.....

Now in her defense, I don't know the "serving sizes" nor do I know the amounts in there. Since we want to talk about ratios...
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Try to read, please. I said too much cheese...cheese with cheese if overboard...I said nothing about cheese not being a source of protein/fats...I choose to get mine from more sources rather cheese topped with cheese.....

You have STILL not answered a single one of my questions. Talk about not reading!
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you also noticed that I said you have to find out what works for you...

He's of the Special Snowflake Clan, I do believe.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Please tell me more about omega 3s and 6s

The Omega 3 and Omega 6 were very early spacestations sent up during the infancy our space exploration. They paved the way for more modern technology, like the Omega 9, which is currently still in operation. Some scale replicas, videos, and tours can be found at the Great Space Museum (tours are free on the first Sunday of each month).
  • stormsusmc
    Options
    Hmm I've told you that people need to gather their own information and find out what works for them...Show you a link. I could show you a few more, but that would prove nothing at this point. The only link in there that I have clearly posted about macros is that link yes. As stated updates can come along. Can't put everything all at once.

My ratios are 50P/35C/15F and see decent gains while on my clean bulking phase....so I know where I'm at and how I want to get there, I hope you have the dedication as well to do the same.
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    facepalm12.jpg
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Cheesus christ guys....

These recipes are awesome!!! And after creeping around pinterest I found this recipe to make YOGURT. I'm excited:

http://crockpot365.blogspot.kr/2008/10/you-can-make-yogurt-in-your-crockpot.html
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Cheesus christ guys....

These recipes are awesome!!! And after creeping around pinterest I found this recipe to make YOGURT. I'm excited:

http://crockpot365.blogspot.kr/2008/10/you-can-make-yogurt-in-your-crockpot.html

Let us know how that turns out.
    I love going to allrecipes.com and just doing a random search for recipes. I type in an ingredient, and maybe the method of cooking (under advanced search I believe) and just go.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    The best thing about crockpots is that you come home to a great smelling meal! Our favorite new thing is to dry rub on either chicken or a nice pork tenderloin. we put in a bed of carrots , cellery and onions and add just enough water / fat free salt free stock to cover the veggies, then lay a dry rub'd chicken or tenderloin on top.

the dry rub and drippings really season the veggies, and the steam from the liquid cooks the meat and it is so tender!

You can use a recipe for your favorite dry rub or buy one at the grocery store, but I have found salt and pepper are both really good.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options

What's wrong with fat again? Last time I checked, it was an essential human requirement.
  • minisumo
    minisumo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Slow Cooker is the best thing since eggrolls!!! I haven't tried this recipe yet but will this weekend:

http://skinnyms.com/slow-cooker-fiesta-chicken-soup/

Just found this thread today and liked the look of this recipe, so I made it and have just eaten it for dinner. Had to omit the black beans but I added chunks of red, yellow and green capsicum. It's faaaaabulous, thank you so much for sharing!
  • stormsusmc
    Options

What's wrong with fat again? Last time I checked, it was an essential human requirement.

You clearly didnt read the rest, and my macros are fine....there was nothing said about fat being bad...thanks for your input though killer