Women - what's your calorie goal?

Options

Replies

• elladuffy91
    Options
    Between 700-1200
    It really depends on what I'm doing that day :)
    I'm 21 and 5 foot 4 :)
  • kip_star
    Options
    Hello. 5"7 currenly 134lbs and my calorie goal is 800.x
  • dalgirly
    dalgirly Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Mine is 1670 before exercise.

I am moderately active generally speaking as I do work a job in which I am on my feet constantly. I am also 5'7".

With this goal, I should lose about a pound a week, which is completely healthy. And when I exercise, I generally eat about half those calories back depending on how much I do. If I do a short run on a working day, I will eat all my calories back, if I am doing a run/bike on a day off, I probably won't be eating back the 1200-1600 calories I burn back.
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    1300-1400 depending on how I feel and I eat about half of my exercise calories. 5'2
  • Just_sassy
    Just_sassy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    my goal is 1260 and im 5.4 ive lost 1.5 since i changed it last week
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 119 lbs. My goal is 1390 + exercise calories. I've lost about 25 lbs and gone from around a ten to a four (varying on brand). Right now Im not focusing on losing weight but reducing my body fat percentage and increasing some muscle.
  • emstethem
    emstethem Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    MFP has me set at 16...something, but, personally, I'm trying to hit exactly or stay under 1577 daily which is my BMR. I'm also trying to burn AT LEAST 500cals a day. :) Sometime I do and sometimes I don't. I'm not beating myself up about it. ;) oh, and I'm 5'7 and I weigh 185. :)
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7.5", currently 173.4lbs, and base before nursing and exercise is 1980, after all is said and done I'm between 2500-3000+ calories a day, and have been very successful.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    3000 minimum, but I'm trying to gain.

When I was losing it was just under 2500.

These numbers are inclusive of exercise, 5x a week in the gym (30-60 minutes strength training) and a moderately active daily life.
  • LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    cals to eat daily goal - 1200 (I am rarely ever able to eat this much)
    net cals after exercise daily goal - 600 (I net at or below 600 every day)

frame size (cause that matters too, imo) - extremely small
    height - 5'4
    start weight - 157
    current weight - 142 at last weigh in, probably less now
    goal weight - 120 to 115

Yes, it is working for me. I've been losing about 2 lbs a week. I'm never hungry, tired, or weak. I meet my daily goals for nutrients as well.

You net below 600 a day?

Yes. I eat more than that though.

Examples from my food & exercise diary: Yesterday I ate 743, burned 526 and netted 217. The day before I netted 750, burned 467 and netted 283. Monday I ate 855, burned 294 and netted 561.

I calculate calories burned via a gps pedometer that calculates caloric burn taking weight into account. I then check this number against two different online calorie burn calculators. It's pretty accurate but I suppose nothing is 100% so my nets could be slightly higher than that.

I eat a lot of veggies, fruits and grilled chicken. I also take daily multi vitamins and calcium supplements.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    my goal is 1400. I am 5'9" and weigh250.

I try not to eat back my cardio calories. But, I do eat my strength training calories. For some reason I can't resist eating more on days I lift.
  • Mel1509
    Mel1509 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I've just upped my goal to 1400, I am 5'8 - on my 6 work out days I am usually eating about 1600-1700
  • jencuts15
    jencuts15 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My calories goal is 1200/day. I am 5'4. When I first saw the amount my mouth dropped!! I thought there was no way I could do it! But, with practice it's not that hard! I am usually fine during the week and sometimes eat back the calories I've gained from exercising. The weekends are a different story however...I LOVE to eat pizza and drink a couple beers while watching football so I workout extra long and hard on those days to stay on track. Sometimes I go over my budget by a little but I try not to beat myself up about it. I am seeing results so far....about a pound a week. I have also started measuring my hips and waist and am losing! Good Luck
  • igottaworkout
    igottaworkout Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    QUOTE:

QUOTE:

height - 5'4
    start weight - 157
    goal weight - 120 to 115

Yes, it is working for me. I've been losing about 2 lbs a week. I'm never hungry, tired, or weak. I meet my daily goals for nutrients as well.

You net below 600 a day?

Examples from my food & exercise diary: Yesterday I ate 743, burned 526 and netted 217. The day before I netted 750, burned 467 and netted 283. Monday I ate 855, burned 294 and netted 561.

I calculate calories burned via a gps pedometer that calculates caloric burn taking weight into account. I then check this number against two different online calorie burn calculators. It's pretty accurate but I suppose nothing is 100% so my nets could be slightly higher than that.

I eat a lot of veggies, fruits and grilled chicken. I also take daily multi vitamins and calcium supplements.

Looking at what you do I think I'm pretty similar, I also like lots of fruit/veggies and grilled chicken and I don't eat back my exercise cals. I also take a miltivitamin.. I have been doing this for nearly 3 weeks (starting weight 147lb) and don't feel hungry or tired. I'm currently 142lb as well and trying to go to 125lb or so around Christmas. It looks like I may meet that goal sooner but I don't want to set a faster goal, let's just see how it goes :)

MFP is suggesting that I eat 1700 cal every day and I can't really understand how I could eat that much.. even before I started exercising I didn't eat that much. And when I started exercising I just started eating a bit smarter then before (for example skinless chicken instead of pork chop, a really nice salad for lunch instead of fried egg sandwich, fruits/nuts as snack instead of ice cream).

I am also loosing about 2lb a week so far and I feel great although all my muscles hurt because I'm not used to working out :)
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options

height - 5'4
    start weight - 157
    goal weight - 120 to 115

You net below 600 a day?

This is absolutely unhealthy and unsustainable. I urge you to reconsider your approach!
  • igottaworkout
    Options

height - 5'4
    start weight - 157
    goal weight - 120 to 115

You net below 600 a day?

This is absolutely unhealthy and unsustainable. I urge you to reconsider your approach!

__

Look at my food diary, what is wrong with it? I'm just not hungrier, should I be eating junk food to fill up with more calories? I am originally from Switzerland and this is a normal food (not a diet I mean people eat like that long term). I don't like junk food or premade meals (I'm in Canada now and constantly marvel at the unhealthy junk people eat on a daily basis).. making things from scratch myself is filling and happens to be low cal and healthy.
  • sapphiretyger
    sapphiretyger Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Like others here, I was at 1200 but it was a struggle and many days I went over, or got frustrated and didn't bother to count. Now at around 1500, I am staying under every day. I also tend to burn around 200 + a day in exercise, which ups it a bit.
  • greeneyedKat
    Options
    I am 5'2 1/2" I always round up ... so 5'3" ( makes me feel taller) lol. I am on 1200 calories. Just started this last week. I do cardio 3 - 5 times a week, weight training 3-5 times a week. A little yoga here and there. Lost 2 pounds the first week. I dont eat my extra exercise calories. I have been consistently just under 1200 everyday
  • igottaworkout
    Options
    I am 5'2 1/2" I always round up ... so 5'3" ( makes me feel taller) lol. I am on 1200 calories. Just started this last week. I do cardio 3 - 5 times a week, weight training 3-5 times a week. A little yoga here and there. Lost 2 pounds the first week. I dont eat my extra exercise calories. I have been consistently just under 1200 everyday

Cool, I am doing something similar. It's amazing how much exercise you get in every day, inspiring! I set myself a goal of 30mins per day but have been working 50-60mins consistently since I started 3 weeks ago.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options

And that is precisely how I developed an eating disorder. No lies. I wish you the best of luck but hope you seek medical advice regarding this approach.