Options
    hummus and bread with veggie burgers and salad

THIS!!

Oh yea, and for a fun low-cal/low-carb lunch:
    -2 tbsp of hummus
    -About 2 oz shaved turkey breast
    -Shredded lettuce
    -A few slices of tomatoes
    -1 slice of a white cheese of choice (havarti, white cheddar, parmesan or swiss)
    Wrap it all up in a sundried tomato and basil tortilla wrap and there you have it!!

I believe the calories are around 250 and the flavors are yumyumyumyumyumyumyum!!

27783872.png
  • deb62pink
    deb62pink Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Chick peas are such a healthy, delicious food! I have a recipe for chick pea pasta sauce, with lots of garlic -yum! A friend roasts them in the oven with seasonings, then crushes them to a degree (not ground), and tops her salads with it - nice protein addition!

This is slightly off topic, but has anyone had the baked lentil crisps? I found them in the organic snacks section of my grocery store, enjoyed them immensely, and haven't found any since. They are a nice chips substitute, but they are so full of protein, and looowwww fat! I don't remember the brand name, but the name of the snack was definitely Baked Lentil Crisps.
    Googled this and you should be able to get the baked lentil crisps from a health food shop or gluten free isle in the supermarket, or even online in your own country. They look good, might just try some myself, thank you!!!!
  • toomanycurves
    toomanycurves Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    And a party that's good for you!
  • DeniMarie123
    DeniMarie123 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I have never tried hummus....I should buy some next time I go to the store.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Try it with apple slices. Addicting!!
  • DeniMarie123
    DeniMarie123 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This is one of my fave snacks! I also like carrots and peanut butter... sounds weird but they actually go well together.

try Celery and Peanut butter, tastes soo good lol :)
  • AlichiaMJohnson73
    AlichiaMJohnson73 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    ***lol***
    BUMP!!!
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    I have to mention; I went to my sister's house (we live on the East coast and my family all lives on the West coast) for 4th of July and we were shopping for the BBQ. I wanted to get some hummus and sweet bell peppers and other vegetables for a platter...she said she knew I liked it but no one else would.

Well snooty britches that I am...I wanted it anyway, and said fine, I'll buy it myself. So, I bought it and.....do you want to know what happened to it???? Guess.....do you think any was left??? No...people tentatively tasted, but then they LOVED it and couldn't stop eating it....
  • jennsea
    jennsea Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My favorite salad dressing is Balsamic Vinaigrette, with a spoonful of Hummus, either mixed all in or used as a dip, makes it creamy delicious! :)
  • Check out the combinatoin of broccoli (raw) and peanut butter...I know, I know, it sounds awful but it is AMAZING and a very healthy snack.
  • jennsea
    jennsea Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I agree, TJ's makes the best hummus I've had.. even just the original is better than all the other brands I've had :)
  • raindance_maggie
    Options
    Do know what else is absolutely amazing:

http://veganyumyum.com/2008/02/hasperat/

Ridiculously delicious. Houmous, spinach, carrot and cucumber on a wheat tortilla. Genius.
    Even tastier if you warm it slightly.

you are my god today!! thank you for this idea!!!! xo
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tomastik
    tomastik Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can find many recipes online. It is Garbanzo beans {chick peas) blended with olive oil and sesame seeds milled to a paste (tahini). I buy the tahini at Kroger and use a food processor till smooth adding other spices to taste salt, garlic, honey, etc. Sometimes I put some paprika on top when serving.
  • prairiedawg2014
    Options
    bump
  • spinachsmoothies
    Options
    bumping for the love of hummus!
  • RockinSkiBunny
    RockinSkiBunny Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I could eat an entire container of hummus in one sitting. gluttony. it's shameful.
  • mamamia05
    mamamia05 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I love roasted red pepper hummus!

I so agree!!!! I enjoy mine on wasa crisp light wafers :-)
  • zoeluiisa
    Options
    omg i just checked on mfp and it has next to no calories

That surprises me because it has a lot of olive oil in. Though you can buy "light" versions which contain less oil - they are often a bit drier, but they're OK.