Ladies only! LOL. Private?

Options
13»

Replies

• SheilaN1976
    SheilaN1976 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    i tend to gain 5 lbs during TOM and its always gone by the time TOM is gone completely. its insane. i avoid the scale as well during those weeks!
  • LADYDEBORAH1984
    LADYDEBORAH1984 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    When you are menstruating do you gain a few lbs and those few lbs are so hard to knock off but right after your period is done you are back to your normal weight or you even loss a few more lbs? is this normal?

jesus h christ on a crutch!! i've never menstrurated and i know that this is completely normal!!!

:laugh: :laugh:
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • kellicci
    kellicci Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Yep, every motnh I gain at least 2 pounds. It's al water retention so it comes off pretty quickly.

I've heard that taking calcium supplements can help lessen that so I bought some last month I'm going to see if it helps,
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Yes, every time. I have learned to stay away from the scale during that time.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure, but I don't think I do.
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I get the depo shot and have no period. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • TLEIGH33777
    TLEIGH33777 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am the complete oppostite, I lose 4-8 the week before and the week of. Im not sure why... Then back up a couple for the next 2 weeks....
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Well I hate pms. Feels like I've been doing that for the past three weeks now! I'm sixteen days late on my period and negative pregnancy test (I really thought the doc messed up on hubby LOL). Still waiting for "Aunt Flo" to show. :noway: Sigh. Hormones. :grumble:

Diet and extreme exercise can cause you to not have a period........ask you doctor if this is the case.
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I have a 2 lb gain every time, guaranteed. I also feel bloated and gross. While I don't avoid the scale, I'm aware of this and actually use it as a way to track when my TOM is going to show up. It's guaranteed to come off right after.
  • ewestsca
    ewestsca Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I started exercising less then a month ago. Last week I was hungry all the time and felt sluggish the whole week while exercising. I thought it was because I was pushing myself to hard. This week I feel completely different. Good to know it's only Mother Nature at her finest.
  • kimmykazoozle
    Options
    I Know How You Feel Im 4'11 too
  • kimmykazoozle
    Options
    I Know How You Feel Im 4'11 too
    an it shows when i GAIN LIKE4LBS
  • smoothnsilky
    smoothnsilky Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes, this happens to me all of the time. Also, I notice my strongggggggggggggggggg food cravings the week before my period. Now that Im paying more attention, I control my eating habbits better
  • AyriaM
    AyriaM Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    lol yeah same

well, i gain 5 lbs normally...feel awful and bloaty
    but my period triggers cyclic vomiting so then i vomit...depends could be 1 day could be up to 6

then after all is said and done i'm back to normal weight

this month was 7 lbs..felt like 10...had a potbelly and all lol

i hate periods. i want a winkie instead lmao
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    When you are menstruating do you gain a few lbs and those few lbs are so hard to knock off but right after your period is done you are back to your normal weight or you even loss a few more lbs? is this normal?

jesus h christ on a crutch!! i've never menstrurated and i know that this is completely normal!!!

*snort

I'm continually baffled that women do not know or understand how their body works.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    youve had 120 periods...
  • rowdylibrarian
    rowdylibrarian Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I had to have a hysterectomy pretty young, but I'm still hormonally cycling, since I have my overies. It's sort of frustrating, since I don't know exactly when my "un-period" (as my DH calls it) is anymore. Therefore, if the scale is up, I'm not sure if it's TOM bloating, or what! :(
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    sometimes I gain if I endulge in salty foods but the weight easily comes off
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options

*snort

I'm continually baffled that women do not know or understand how their body works.

I think it's more about whether you've ever weighed yourself regularly. I never had pre-mfp, so I wouldn't have known about the extra weight.