Halloween Candy/Vandals

Options

Replies

• Tracepa98
    Options
    How about the prepackaged popcorn balls? They are alot healthier than candy.

Act II
    Popcorn Balls
    Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 1 ball (28g)

Amount Per Serving
    Calories from Fat 5
    Calories 100

% Daily Values*
    Total Fat 1g 2%
    Saturated Fat 0g 0%
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
    Monounsaturated Fat 0g
    Trans Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 0mg 0%
    Sodium 60mg 2%
    Total Carbohydrate 25g 8%
    Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
    Sugars 12g
    Protein 1g

Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium 0% Iron 0%

51YOap-czBL._SL500_SS500__zpsbd7df456.jpg
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    buy candy you don't like...lol
  • I usually buy candy I don't like. Not a fan of Butterfingers so I usually get those.
  • branson101
    branson101 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I've been diabetic for yrs and holidays are hard. Everyone now includes a three aisle diluge of candy. For Halloween though, I'd buy something you know you won't eat. I don't do coconut at all or nuts in my candy. So Snicker's or mounds would be a good buy. There is no way I'm touching that. Anything left over the next morning....take it to work and let your co-workers have them.
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    You could opt for adorable halloween pencils and erasers, I used to love receiving those as a child. As many above said, you can also only purchase candy you sincerely don't like, and only buy enough for your expected kids based on the last few years, not enough to sit around in your home.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    If you wanna go all out to make someone's Halloween memorable, you could always do this...

tumblr_lu64l1ap781qd5zyr.jpg
  • tinabell153
    tinabell153 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Go to McDonald's and get a few packets of coupons. They sell like 10 for $1 and the coupons are for free apple dippers or ice cream.
  • hooperkay
    Options
    Give them money instead.

ok so halloween at your house?? I'm bringing a few costumes and hitting your house a few times. I need new clothes since all mine look like clown suits. ;)
  • hooperkay
    Options
    If you wanna go all out to make someone's Halloween memorable, you could always do this...

oh soooo wrong.............. but sooooooooooo funny!!
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options

This totally grossed me out. I can't wait to try it on someone LOL
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Just hang it outside your house or put it in a bowl on your porch or something.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Will you be less tempted by the giant sized candy bars than by the fun size? If so, give those out! You will both not eat it AND become the hero of the neighborhood children all at once.

Is it really bad that I think candy onions sound tastier than candy apples?
  • chelsifina
    chelsifina Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Where I live the fancy grocery stores (Whole Foods, Central Market) sell large bags of prepackaged pretzels specifically for Halloween. This usually goes over pretty well. Also, I go to www.orientaltradingcompany.com and buy little items in bulk, and its super cheap. Things like spider rings, glow in the dark vampire teeth, temporary tattoos, stickers, pencils etc. They are shipped to my door and I'm ready for Halloween! Plus, I can wear as many plastic rings, vampire teeth, and temporary tattoos as I like and not gain a pound, lol!
  • melissafaith24
    melissafaith24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Go to McDonald's and get a few packets of coupons. They sell like 10 for $1 and the coupons are for free apple dippers or ice cream.

Wendys also does this for frosties.
  • Mandykinz2008
    Mandykinz2008 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    what about little trinkets or something? there is still time to order something from oriental trading. they have tons of cute little giveaways that are affordable

Not sure where you live but local super grocery stores (HEB, Target, Walmart) typically sell Halloween rings and stuff. Spiders, skeleton, pumpkin rings like what you see on top of cupcakes around holiday time. Anything like that would work fine if you really just want to give something out. Otherwise buy candy night before, hand out night of, and whatever is left over when you're ready to turn the light out put in a bucket you wouldn't mind losing and sit it outside. Believe me..there won't be any left in the morning lol
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't give carrots. Your home may not be vandalized, but I can almost guarantee they would be thrown away.
    Plus, as another person mentioned, giving away food/candy that isn't pre-packaged make some suspicious.
  • theaimster30
    theaimster30 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm not really sure I want people to think a sex offender lives there! lol

..... huh?

Is this in reply to turning off your light and not answering the door? Tons of people do this - people with babies who are trying to sleep, people who have run out of candy, or people who don't want to participate for whatever reason.

It's fine. Most of the kids won't even bother you.

*Edit: Most parents will just throw the carrots out because they don't want their kids to have something someone else has handled and potentially tainted.
    Yes, I was referring to the lights being out. Also, the carrots I was referring to are Bunny Luv prepackaged carrots from Costco. They are about the size of the apple slices packages in kids meals (and only 25 cals!) I'm in healthcare & a germaphobe. No way I'd give out food I had packaged. :^ )
  • GBOGH_5
    GBOGH_5 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the popcorn balls. Those are what I buy for my employees at work, most of whom are overweight. I don't like contributing to their health issues, but like to give them treats around the holidays.
  • jlc1243
    jlc1243 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    You could also give out those little Halloween play doh packages, sometimes they even have little boxes of temp tattoos and stickers, or glow-stick bracelets. Plenty of non-candy options and the kids will still be happy. And if you have any left-over you can use them next year!
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I just buy the type candy I don't personally like- in other words nothing chocolate.