Blackberries Low In Calories

Options
2»

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I grew up in CT and we had raspberry and blackberry bushes everywhere. We'd sit and pick them, and stuff our faces, for hours. Even today, when I stick that first fresh raspberry into my mouth, those memories come back like it was yesterday. :)

Sadly, I now live where those plants won't grow in the wild. BUT whenever berries are really cheap, I buy several pounds and put them into freezer bags and stash them in the freezer. They keep perfectly until I use them. I mostly put them into plain Greek yogurt with a little sweetener but also use them in smoothies and muffins.

I found 1/2 pints of raspberries at Safeway for 99 cents the other day. Snapped up a few and am hoping to find them on sale again before the season is over.
  • Jester522
    Options
    Current precompetition diet allows 2 servings of fruit, I choose 1/2 grapefruit and 100g blueberries or blackberries. Comes to about 30g carbs. Its better to monitor macros, not calories.
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    it's fo realz!!! munch as many of those suckers as you want, guilt free :) fyi, did you know one cup of celery is only 7 calories? when you are craving something, try and eat 3 cups of celery, i bet you can't even do it, there is so much fiber. craving averted and only 21 calories down. woohoo!
  • martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I had blackberries at the weekend that our sons went out to pick....they and the apples were very healthy, unfortunately the sugar, crumble and custard we had with them...not so much lol

martyxx
  • chimpy_chimp
    chimpy_chimp Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I love frozen blueberries. Every day, I make a smoothie with them, a scoop of whey protein powder, and several handfuls of baby kales and/or spinach.
  • IsabellaC45
    IsabellaC45 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    It's been great to read all of your posts. Thanks so much!!

I just couldn't believe how low in calories they were. And as my favourite fruit, I thought is was definitely too good to be true...

I am very happy. =D
  • 3springchicks
    3springchicks Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    They are packed full of antioxidents as well. We planted 3 of them this year because like every one here has stated, they are outrageously expensive.

My husband has been known to eat a whole pint before I could get my hands on a single berry. :angry:
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I grew up picking blackberries from our garden and really took them for granted. This year has been the first year that I've been able to pick a lot from our own garden, though I soon learnt to only pick what we could eat or they'd rot!

Basically, they grow themselves once they've started here in England, which is perfect as my husband and I kill off most plants!