How often does everybody weigh in?

Options
Newbie here. Wondering how often everybody weighs in?

Thanks!

Replies

• Silvergamma
    Silvergamma Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    For me it's like a science project. I weigh in every morning, and have a spreadsheet where I track my rolling monthly and weekly weight. There can be major day to day shifts, but the monthly weight is the important one for me. It's also been interesting over the last couple years to see what causes me to retain water, and how different food affect bloating.

Conventional wisdom is to weigh in once a week.

Also make sure that you are taking measurements. Pounds can lie, but inches rarely do.
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Every Saturday when I wake up. Weigh and measure.
  • rainwalkerSK
    Options
    For me it's like a science project. I weigh in every morning, and have a spreadsheet where I track my rolling monthly and weekly weight. There can be major day to day shifts, but the monthly weight is the important one for me. It's also been interesting over the last couple years to see what causes me to retain water, and how different food affect bloating.

Also make sure that you are taking measurements. Pounds can lie, but inches rarely do.

I do exactly the same thing. I can handle a day-to-day fluctuation because I know that it's water weight, but if I step on the scale for the first time in a week and it's an increase over last week, it's harder to handle.
  • kesstral
    kesstral Posts: 10 Member
    Options

I do the same thing. I like trending my average and being able to see when what I ate the night before causes me to go up a little. I found when I was weighing myself once a week that a bad "night before weigh-in" would make me feel like I blew the entire week. My weight can fluctuate almost 4 lbs day to day.
  • MeccaLoves2Sleep
    MeccaLoves2Sleep Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Every Saturday am, same scale (at the gym), same time.

If I jump on more often than I feel like my life is consumed with my weight and I obsess. I can see though how it works for others. I just fluctuate too much and it can really unmotivate me to not see a big difference in loss. That is why every Saturday or even every other sat. I also take my measurements at the same time.

Saturday AM is aslo great as it keeps me from going crazy partying with friends on Friday night (beer has a lot of calories)! I also weight in after a PiYo class but before I've really eaten anything so I feel strong and skinny ad my best me for the week then.

Good luck!
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh in once a week on a set day early in the morning. :)
    Wednesday is weigh in day for me. ^^
  • MissGeorgiaPeachy
    MissGeorgiaPeachy Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week because I go in to my doctor's office for B-12 shots so I just weigh while I'm there. Having to go in keeps me accountable... but in all honesty I probably weigh 2 or 3 times a day. I know that's bad, but I want to understand when and why my weight fluctuates. :)
  • kaygroth
    Options
    Every Monday

8383004.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • evereadysmile
    Options
    Every Sunday morning. I'm trying to quit though, it's a terrible habit. :)
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    At first I could not stay away from the scale. Now I pay attention to it monthly.
  • fitwithin
    fitwithin Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I weight in on Thursdays to get my weekly weight that I record, but I weigh in on Monday's to see if I gained over the weekend. That motivates me to watch what I eat all week and to workout extra hard to get it off if I gained.
  • AndoRules
    AndoRules Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I weigh and measure myself every morning when I wake up and after I take a shower, but I only record it once, maybe twice a week. Everything can fluctuate so much day to day that the weekly weighing will give you a better overall reading.
  • sergiotacchini
    Options
    Every Friday morning!
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    Every other week. Measurements every 2 months.

I have a loooong way to go and if I weighed every day it would just discourage the crap out of me.
  • dogo187
    dogo187 Posts: 376
    Options
    i weigh once a week...first thing Friday morning...

i measure once a month as this is sometimes a better indicator of progress cause some months i gain muscle but burn through fat and this will cause my weight loss to be minimal...

i also have my body fat percentage done once a month, since this is really the best indicator of what kind of shape you are in!!!
  • bbbeaverson
    bbbeaverson Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I get weighed in and measurements done by my gym once a month.
  • ksemien
    ksemien Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    First thing, every Sunday morning. Same scale, roughly same time.
  • I weigh in on Tuesdays and Fridays
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Once a month. Good luck!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

Essentially this. Understanding your body's weight fluctuations can be really helpful.