How often does everybody weigh in?

Options

Replies

• Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    The second thing I do EVERY morning after feeding the cat is weigh myself and log it into my MFP app on my phone. Weight can fluctuate with water retention and doing it every day allows me to average the week.

The is not recommended for everyone. Some people can't handle the daily ups and downs and there is nothing wrong with that. We're all different.
  • stephanieb72
    stephanieb72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Weigh every morning (and sometimes at night too) but I only record on Monday for MFP. I also record daily in my food notes just for my reference.
  • rosej31
    rosej31 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week on a Wednesday..
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Weekly, daily is too frustrating for me.
  • Fit_Vixen
    Options
    I weight in every Friday morning!
  • healthy4heidi
    healthy4heidi Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment but I weigh myself every Thursday after dinner. I'm not too hung up on the number just the inches lost. I measure myself once a month so that the difference is bigger and less difficult quantify.
  • moreORless50
    moreORless50 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Every friday morn 8 am or close to it
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Every morning upon waking. In my view, the more data, the better. Admittedly, I'm hyper-analytical.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning. I wake up take care of the necessary urination, and then weigh myself right before I step into the shower. I tried to do weekly and twice a week, but found I would forget if I didn't make it a habit. I like so many others have stated don't get too hung up on the daily fluctuations. As long as the general trend is going in the right direction, I am fine.

It has been interesting though to note that some days I may gain weight when I have been short net calories due to working long hours and missing meals. It's a sodium thing in my case, and it is pretty amazing how much of a difference that makes.
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    For me it's like a science project. I weigh in every morning, and have a spreadsheet where I track my rolling monthly and weekly weight. There can be major day to day shifts, but the monthly weight is the important one for me. It's also been interesting over the last couple years to see what causes me to retain water, and how different food affect bloating.

Conventional wisdom is to weigh in once a week.

Also make sure that you are taking measurements. Pounds can lie, but inches rarely do.

I do exactly the same thing. I can handle a day-to-day fluctuation because I know that it's water weight, but if I step on the scale for the first time in a week and it's an increase over last week, it's harder to handle.

This is true for me too.
  • rocraz
    Options
    Well, I weigh everyday in the morning, right after having my breakfast, which in turn happens right after my exercise sessions (I often wake up at 5:30 AM and jog on Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays; and I do weight-lifting on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays).

As other people stated, I don´t care much about the daily weight, as they are really prone to change fast. So I often check my weight after a week and after a month.
  • SirKelsalot
    Options
    For me it's like a science project. I weigh in every morning, and have a spreadsheet where I track my rolling monthly and weekly weight. There can be major day to day shifts, but the monthly weight is the important one for me. It's also been interesting over the last couple years to see what causes me to retain water, and how different food affect bloating.

Conventional wisdom is to weigh in once a week.

Also make sure that you are taking measurements. Pounds can lie, but inches rarely do.

I do exactly the same thing. I can handle a day-to-day fluctuation because I know that it's water weight, but if I step on the scale for the first time in a week and it's an increase over last week, it's harder to handle.

^^^this :)

Me too :) Now I know about daily fluctuations, I weigh myself nearly every morning, before breakfast and after the loo. I feel it keeps me on track.
  • ssilvey726
    ssilvey726 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Every morning, after relieving myself. It's the best way to track things in my opinion. I don't count weight going up on this site, I only count losses below my previous low weight.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Every morning, after peeing and before eating. I also log every day.
  • Tinkydinkydoo
    Tinkydinkydoo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wednesday is my weigh in day. I always do it first thing in the morning with nothing on. That way I don't have to remember what I wore the week before! :happy:
  • Jessicapages1
    Jessicapages1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday! it is something that I need to do,if I see the scale moving up I will change my diet.
  • Dsnyfrk921
    Dsnyfrk921 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    1x/week

I weigh in every Saturday morning. More than that is just overkill. My trainer only wants me weighing in every 2 weeks.. I can't wait that long though.. ha ha
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i weigh every morning. helps me decide what i'm going to eat that day.
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Once a week
  • mcouturezz
    Options
    I used to weigh myself everyday but my hubby got mad at me 1 morning for whining so he put the scale in his car for a week lol !!
    Now the scale stays in the laundry room but I weigh myself only saturday mornings (weigh-in day) and I got a nice surprise this morning -2.5 :) I'll take that