Dr Oz recommended this for appetite suppressant...

Options
Not too long ago I saw some footage from the Dr Oz show and he recommended satierial saffron extract (hope I spelled that correctly) as a natural way to help suppress appetite...has anybody tried it?? I find it very tempting to try as my willpower isn't that strong but if I weren't soooo hungry it might be easier to lose weight...any comments about this one??

Replies

• Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Dr OZ is a snake oil seller. You know, food is a good appetite suppressant
  • MDWilliams1857
    MDWilliams1857 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I love when people go on the attack and try to discredit Dr Oz. Im not exactly his biggest fan, Ive seen his show maybe twice. But all these people that hear the name Dr. Oz and they immediately start calling him names crack me up. Let me know when you guys get your PHD. Ok?
  • _granola
    Options
    There is no evidence that it is a good appetite suppressant. I would be pretty skeptical about what Dr. Oz says.
  • got2tryagain
    Options
    Personally I would not waste my time or money. Dr. Oz will tell you anything that gets him paid. If he was a good Dr. he wouldn't need a tv show to make money. That is just my opinion though. You will never really know unless you try it I guess.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Not too long ago I saw some footage from the Dr Oz show and he recommended satierial saffron extract (hope I spelled that correctly) as a natural way to help suppress appetite...has anybody tried it?? I find it very tempting to try as my willpower isn't that strong but if I weren't soooo hungry it might be easier to lose weight...any comments about this one??

I give up... What the heck is it?
  • beautifuldiskize
    Options
    I'd ask your doctor or just google it and see if anybody else has had success.
  • MaryAnnSartoris
    Options
    I am a fan of Dr. Oz, although I don't take any dietary supliments. However, I eat a lot of Amy's bean burrito's(suggested by Dr. Oz). For me they are low in calories and they are a suppressant because of the high content of fiber. I am trying to stay very "natural" and make this a life style change. I find when I eat a lot of high fiber foods like black beans I tend to consume less calories and not feel hungry. Amy's brand has many good organic high fiber choices!
  • fastforlife1
    fastforlife1 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I bought some PGX granules after seeing it on Dr Oz (his gorgeous wife uses it). It's pretty effective: a tasteless fiber that expands in your stomach with no calories. A serving feels like the equivilant of eating 2 pieces of bread.
  • scrapfrfun
    Options
    Don't know anything about it and I don't watch Dr. Oz either. I was wondering if you are eating healthy every two hours and drink lots of water....that should really help. Good luck....
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    LOL
    If I ate ONLY when I was hungry, I suppose an appetite suppressant would be helpful. However, as I am perfectly capable of eating when I am not at all hungry, I never bothered to try any appetite suppressants.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbaJAJp7-p69OOnL7B1uMWsR016yOxH14P_Ztz1MxEf1AQjQfdug
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options

I'd work more on trying to find a Dr. Oz suppressant.
  • stargazer008
    Options
    Are you really going to listen to Dr. Oz!?!
  • kaylabrianna
    Options
    Dr OZ is full of ****, I've said this before and I'll say it again, he wants money. He gets paid. He doesn't really give a single care about what you're doing with your body so long as he's getting cash.
  • Danied13
    Danied13 Posts: 117 Member
    Options

You say you're hungry...why is that? You shouldn't be hungry while losing weight. I'm not familiar with this drug, but what happens when you stop taking it? Will you have learned how to eat in a way to maintain or continue to lose weight?
  • julimonster
    julimonster Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I tried the white bean extract as reccomended by Dr Oz and found a couple of things:
    1. When I go to my local suppliment store, they know at any given time whatr Dr Oz is currently hawking because the hardcore flock to the store immediately and wipe the shelves out
    2. White bean extract makes you fart. Do not ingest prior to date night thinking you're going to cheat, you'll just embarrass yourself :bigsmile:
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz recommended something? 9 times out of 10, that's a good indicator to avoid it.
  • robertmc3000
    robertmc3000 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Willpower... hmm
    maybe you need more will power
    I believe you can do it with no supplements
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    you say your willpower isn't strong, but i guarantee you that you will have more luck with whatever willpower you have than that supplement.