Dr Oz recommended this for appetite suppressant...

Options

Replies

• ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Dr Oz recommended me to eat metamucil everyday.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Guys, Dr. Oz recommended eating hot dogs while running in the park, because if you run while you're eating, the calories get canceled out. I've been doing this for 2 weeks and gained weight! Please help.
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Dr OZ is a snake oil seller. You know, food is a good appetite suppressant

Lol
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz recommended something? 9 times out of 10, that's a good indicator to avoid it.

Lol:drinker:
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I had no willpower (sometimes I still dont) when it comes to eating and was prescribed an appitite suppressant. It worked, made me not want to eat at all. When I stopped taking it, I found myself hungary again when the medication was out of my system. I came to a conclusion, I could either take suppressants the rest of my life or learn how to control my wanting to eat all the time. At times it is difficult, but I am learning.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I love when people go on the attack and try to discredit Dr Oz. Im not exactly his biggest fan, Ive seen his show maybe twice. But all these people that hear the name Dr. Oz and they immediately start calling him names crack me up. Let me know when you guys get your PHD. Ok?

He doesn't have a PhD either. His specialty is in cardiology.
  • Wow I gather not many people like Dr. Oz. I have never myself listened or watched Dr. Oz but, I also have will power issues or I wouldn't be here and honestly a lot of people with weight problems wouldn't be here either.
    I simply like food. I like the taste the texture everything about food.
    As far as feeling fuller I have learned that with myself if I eat food higher in Protein and/or fiber I don't feel like I am starving yes I do get hungry especially closer to my normal meal times.
    I just try to remind myself that food is for nutrition and fuel not for satisfaction purposes.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Dr. Bully PhD recommends food as an appetite suppressant.

Dr.-Nick.gif
  • dawndw
    dawndw Posts: 203
    Options
    I had no willpower (sometimes I still dont) when it comes to eating and was prescribed an appitite suppressant. It worked, made me not want to eat at all. When I stopped taking it, I found myself hungary again when the medication was out of my system. I came to a conclusion, I could either take suppressants the rest of my life or learn how to control my wanting to eat all the time. At times it is difficult, but I am learning.

Good advice!!! Not one for taking stuff period.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Protein is good for that too. And actually has some benefit to your body, to boot.
  • bschroed6
    bschroed6 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Exercise also can be an appetite suppressant for me. Also do the high protein/high fiber. Mostly, some concentration of finding things to think about beside food--not easy but very helpful.
  • MAponte73
    MAponte73 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have never really watched Dr. Oz; but I can take the information that he is peddling and do some research on it. That was exactly what I did after watching an older show segment on YouTube. I saw what they were charging and said nope, not even worth the try. However, I found that exact item on Amazon.com and it was the best price of all my searches.

Green coffee bean Extract 800 milligrams twice a day (and the only other ingredient should be the capsule itself!). $20 for a month supply. I know it helped me get past my 1 1/2 month plateau.

So quack or not, it was good information. People just use you best common sense and I know common sense is not very common.

I will buy another months supply as long as it continues to boost my weight loss.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I have never really watched Dr. Oz; but I can take the information that he is peddling and do some research on it. That was exactly what I did after watching an older show segment on YouTube. I saw what they were charging and said nope, not even worth the try. However, I found that exact item on Amazon.com and it was the best price of all my searches.

Green coffee bean Extract 800 milligrams twice a day (and the only other ingredient should be the capsule itself!). $20 for a month supply. I know it helped me get past my 1 1/2 month plateau.

So quack or not, it was good information. People just use you best common sense and I know common sense is not very common.

I will buy another months supply as long as it continues to boost my weight loss.

I'm curious where you did the research you're talking about on it. I've yet to come across anything convincing, and I'm not willing to take a chance on $240 a year. And I'm too doubtful for the extract to work through the placebo effect.
  • MDWilliams1857
    MDWilliams1857 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    In my opinion Dr. Oz is a better source of information than the MFP forums.
  • vfnmoody
    vfnmoody Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    quack
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    In my opinion Dr. Oz is a better source of information than the MFP forums.
    Yeah we're totally here to make commission.
  • MDWilliams1857
    MDWilliams1857 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I could care less about who makes a commission and who doesnt. Some things I have read in the forums are insane. My advise to anyone is to not listen to anyone on the forums. Find someone you like, and trust, and listen to them. Dont take dietary advice from total strangers in some forum who have no credentials.
  • kvossandrews
    kvossandrews Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Dr OZ is a snake oil seller. You know, food is a good appetite suppressant

have a carrot.
    You need to eat to lose weight. Its about the amount and what you eat that is the problem we most have.....
  • Lightbulb1088
    Lightbulb1088 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    i was told if i was hungry to eat fruit and veggies as many as it takes to be full, but it is best eaten with some portein. Give it a try.
  • patkterry
    Options
    I dont take supplements. If im hungry I eat high protein, low fat... fat free refried beans, non fat cheese, jalepenos, lettuce and hot sauce.. yummy!! and low in calories.. you can either buy tostados already crisp ( 50 calories each) or microwave a corn tortilla for a couple minutes and it will crisp up.. when Im hungry I eat.. NOW my body knows the calories and usually when im reaching my calories for the day... it gets full.. no joke.. but Ive been eating right for about 6 months now...