Ladies....tell me about a Brazilian wax!

Options
123457»

Replies

• riley711
    riley711 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Not that big a deal. But though the results are lovely, they don't last very long. I eventually had the "full Brazilian" done via laser. I have a few treatments left, and they've been very effective.

Is the laser hair removal becoming more prominent? Is it safe? Is it very expensive? I've been thinking about laser hair removal for some pesky facial hairs that keep coming back and getting ingrown. This would be the perfect solution since it's supposed to be permanent. Permanent hair removal would also be perfect for down there since shaving or waxing would be very itchy as the hair begins to grow back. Also irritates the skin.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    So, how many of you get the full works done?!?
    Including front to back as in right up to the arsehole area?!?
  • lp84
    lp84 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I know this is an old post...but just in case anyone else is searching for info...I thought I would add my two cents. I've never been waxed before and I think I'm a wimp when it comes to pain, but I've been thinking about waxing for a while, so I started googling all sorts of questions.

At the end of the day, I found a place that does 'sugaring'. That claims to be less painful than waxing. I decided to do a brazillian - I'm not really sure why, but I was curious.

I was extremely nervous about being on the chubby side. I am 5 ft 8 about 240 - most of the weight in my stomch area...anyway I wasn't sure if places would even do this for someone who wasn't skinny.

I went for my appointment and the girl was super nice. She didn't seem judgemental at all. When I got there she asked me to take a few mins alone to remove my bottoms and wipe up.

She came back with aa trimmer and asked me to lay on my back with my feet touching aand knees out. The trimming tickled and was a bit weird but I guess that was only the beginning.

She asked me to pull the skin tight, ie my flabby stomach or sometimes upper leg, just so she could really get in there.

Sugring doesn't really hurt...it very much felt like a bandaid being ripped off. It hurt in that instant then just a bit after.

She did the front - like everywhere! Then she asked me to turn on my side, knees up so she could get into literally every nook and cranny.

She was done within 40 mins. There was just some tenderness the day of, but no pain, or rash or anything ...- I love it and will definitely go back again.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Brazilian waxing is extremely dangerous because of the bacteria down there and the way the waxing breaks the skin. People have had all sorts of skin problems and infections because of them, some ending up with women in hospital.

I know that some salons in UK don't do this treatment anymore because of the implications and it's not taught in the beauty academy I attend because of these risks.

this - micro abrasions = more open to problems. same for shaving, believe it or not. sugaring isn't any better or more effective - it hurts less because it's less effective at actually taking the hair out (breaks it off at the skin, so, it's basically really the same as shaving but a million times messier & more inconvenient). trimming or laser are safest/most comfortable/effective.
  • 1fitchick00
    1fitchick00 Posts: 155
    Options
    So apparently I am super sensitive down there because I ended up bleeding after I was waxed and also ended up swollen down there for 4 days afterwards. And considering I got it done to fly down to Jamaica for my wedding, that was definitely not pleasant. I also ended up with my hair growing back in within 2weeks. so it was pretty much not at all worth it. I will definitely never be doing that again. I may look into getting laser done, but until then my hubby can deal with me shaving it all off.
  • I_see_skinny_Me
    Options
    Unless you will maintain, dont bother. It is awesome, painful, playful, sexy, and a b*** to get ingrown hair later,. Also, look up brazillian waxes and genital warts. Scary stuff! Go for laser or stay natural
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Why? Either go natural and be proud of it, or hand a Venus razor and a pan of warm water and a towel to your hubby or boyfriend and lie down.
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    A dr is trying to ban waxing. if you get rid of the hair you're getting rid of your protective layer. you're much more likely to get bacteria and therefore infections.

Don't worry about this...it'll never pass. Too many other doctors wax.... ;)
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Y'all crazy. Only strangers allowed down there on me are OBGYNs with medical degrees.

Trim it. If he doesn't like it, silently point at the door.
  • citygirl04
    citygirl04 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Get them all the time. No biggie. :)
  • EverlastBoston
    EverlastBoston Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Love me some Bald!!
  • Lovdiamnd
    Lovdiamnd Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    ^^ Way to kill a thread super creep lol