ChaLEAN Extreme - Start now done for Xmas !!

Options

Replies

• Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Loving ChaLean! I'm finishing the second week of push circuit and I've definitely gotten stronger already. Feel free to add me, I'll support, help hold accountable & help motivate.
  • Alioops831
    Alioops831 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh. One legged dead lifts? Is she crazy?? :P
  • Larisonlj
    Options
    Oh my gosh. One legged dead lifts? Is she crazy?? :P
    Yep she is, we must be crazier because we did them!
  • tsboulanger
    tsboulanger Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Started Oct 11... finished Day 6 tonight! Loving it! Already want some heavier weights!
  • Larisonlj
    Options
    Started Oct 11... finished Day 6 tonight! Loving it! Already want some heavier weights!
    You might consider PowerBlocks similar to her select techs but cheaper. You'll have a lot more range of weights for use between legs and arm exercises and you can increase as little as 2 1/2 lbs at a time.
  • tsboulanger
    tsboulanger Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks.. I think you are right! :smile:
  • amc119
    amc119 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm way behind all of you guys, but I'm starting Sunday or Monday! Hopefully I be where all of you guys are in the next couple of weeks :)
  • Alioops831
    Options
    I just finished my first week of Push. I've learned that chest and bench press is my weak point. I gotta work on that.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    You might consider PowerBlocks similar to her select techs but cheaper. You'll have a lot more range of weights for use between legs and arm exercises and you can increase as little as 2 1/2 lbs at a time.
    I have powerblocks, and although nice, I find switching weights between exercises a complete pain...It has inside weights that needs to go in and out in order to change the weight, and it takes time....
    I wish I bought the Select tech weights....
  • rede2go
    rede2go Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I just finished week two of ChaLean. I am doing it and insanity at the same time...lol wish me luck. We will all look amazing before Christmas...lol
  • Larisonlj
    Options
    Wow! that felt good! Those blasted single-leg dead lifts today. I'm gonna feel my hammies tomorrow! :cry:
  • cristeberga
    cristeberga Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Wow! that felt good! Those blasted single-leg dead lifts today. I'm gonna feel my hammies tomorrow! :cry:

Which phase are you? Thanks!!

I love ChaLean Extreme, too, but I wish I had more weights. No money for that right now. :(
  • Larisonlj
    Options

I love ChaLean Extreme, too, but I wish I had more weights. No money for that right now. :(

I'm on Push phase and I'm in the middle of week 3.
  • fitontherun
    fitontherun Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hello, I also started CX on October 1st. Feel free to add so we can motivate each other. Right now I am using 6lb, 8lb and 10 lb. Is that considered too light? I can see some of you are lifting way more than me.

According to Chalene, you should be lifting heavy. Though, the term "heavy" is different for each person. In the Burn Circuit videos, Laylee's weights range from 3 to 10 lbs. As for me, for the burn circuit videos, the lightest I use is 7.5 and the heaviest is 17.5. But I've been doing a lot of strength training before I started Chalean Extreme. Hope this helps!
  • cristeberga
    cristeberga Posts: 251 Member
    Options

I'm on Push phase and I'm in the middle of week 3.

Thanks! I just finished week 3 of the burn phase. So far I love it!!

Thanks for the friend request as well. :wink:
  • Larisonlj
    Options
    Okay, the hamstrings were a little tight whe I woke up but not as bad as I thought....especially after how they felt last week. Anyway we walked 4 miles and I feel good. Plan to do my burn intervals and abs a little later. :wink:
  • Alioops831
    Options
    I gotta say.... my BUTT is killing me! Those crazy bowler lunges!
  • Larisonlj
    Options
    I gotta say.... my BUTT is killing me! Those crazy bowler lunges!
    I will agree, those are rough...but I know they'll be worth it in the 'end'. lol
  • Bxrlvr73
    Bxrlvr73 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm really looking into ordering this system, how many different size weights do you need? Right now I only have 5, 10 and 15lb dumbells. If I invest the money into the system I won't really be able to get many more weights right away. Do I have what I would need to get started at least?
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Bxrlvr73 The weights you have right now will be good for now ..you may like to get a set in between the 5 and 10 though. I have been doing this program for 5 months and also use 20 pounds but really should get some 25's yet. Good luck!