Fitness Advice M-F... I got it! So ask Questions :)

Options
13»

Replies

• Jennical
    Jennical Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Bump.....
  • towens00
    towens00 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I work out 6 days a week. Is it ok to use weight for several consecutive days. I have a weight training class 2 days a week & do 30DS on the alternate days using light weights.
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Hey kathy :) i have 2 questions for you :D

I workout in the evening(3 days strength training + 3 day cardio ) and i was thinking of adding another 30 mins of cardio workout in the morning to get my metabolism going early morning and burn more calories.Is this a good idea ??

Could you suggest some fitness dvds like 30 day shred,P90x,Insanity etc for someone who has a 100 lbs to lose with not very strong knees ? Which one should i start with and which should be the next one so i can one day do something like Insanity

Thanks a lot.I really appericiate this !
  • I work out 6 days a week. Is it ok to use weight for several consecutive days. I have a weight training class 2 days a week & do 30DS on the alternate days using light weights.

It is okay.. as long as you are lifting different body parts. So for instance...I wouldn't want to do a hard leg day Monday and Tuesday. I could do a hard leg day on Monday, with a full body on Tuesday (with light weights for the legs). Your muscles need time to repair themselves...so just make sure you are being smart about training HEAVY. If you are doing light weights I think you will be okay. Water water water will help with repair too and PROTEIN...greek yogurt is my favorite, quinoa and almonds.
  • towens00
    Options
    I work out 6 days a week. Is it ok to use weight for several consecutive days. I have a weight training class 2 days a week & do 30DS on the alternate days using light weights.

It is okay.. as long as you are lifting different body parts. So for instance...I wouldn't want to do a hard leg day Monday and Tuesday. I could do a hard leg day on Monday, with a full body on Tuesday (with light weights for the legs). Your muscles need time to repair themselves...so just make sure you are being smart about training HEAVY. If you are doing light weights I think you will be okay. Water water water will help with repair too and PROTEIN...greek yogurt is my favorite, quinoa and almonds.

Awesome!!!!! Will also up the water & protein ASAP!! Thanks for doing this :)
  • Does anyone have any questions tonight?!?!
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Bump for knowledge.
  • towens00
    Options
    I have 13 lbs to lose to get to my gw. 18 to my ugw. Most of my body fat is in my.stomach. Any foods to absolutely
    avoid to help concentrate on that area?
  • conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    QUOTE:

So nice of you! Really! (I am 50, need to lose 20 pounds from 152 pounds (better if I lose 25).

I am just starting to track calories and work on cardio more regularly.

SHOULD I ALSO LOOK UP, ONLINE, SOME WEIGHT EXERCISES? I JUST SAW A VIDEO ON ARMS ON THE LIVESTRONG.COM WEBSITE?

When, in the "new to weight loss and adding exercise stage" do we start to add strength training? and how much/often to start with?

It is NEVER to soon to start lifting. Honestly, the best advice I can give you is start right away. It not only keeps your bones safe, helps speed up metabolism and muscles LOOK awesome on EVERYONE. I can give you advice at home video's if you want them.
    I would LOVE advice on home videos! I also have DVR capability with a large TV, so if you know anything there, I can try that!
    Again, you are so generous with your time to answer-thank you!
  • It's a new week...with I am sure a lot of new questions! Keep them coming :)
    Happy Monday!