The day after you have fudged up your whole diet.

Options
13»

Replies

• RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    well hell, good to know I aint the only one that up and fell off the wagon. I fell off a couple today. Over ate, got good and drunk and bought smokes. So, today is a er you see kay it day. Some of us just wake up one day and are all of a sudden freakin human. It happens. Dont stress about it, tomorrow is a brand new day. And the wagons move slow so it's easy to climb back on em.
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I have found that the single most important part of losing weight is to get back on track if you fall behind. Nothing will ever change if you give up based on one bad day. You're going to have more bad days, but tons more awesome days if you just get back on track tomorrow.:smile:
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    well thats an epic cheat day...

one day isnt going to kill all your progress...getting fat, along with losing weight takes time...its not overnight....have a cheat day now and again...go to find heavy things to pick up and put back down if you have a bad day instead of eating...be constructive and stay motivated
    ^this to the 2end power^
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Wow, pray first for a lot of strength, and then get up and go for a walk. You know what to do or you wouldn't be here, now get-er-done!
    It's up to you!
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I heard this recently (Jillian Michaels) : If you get a flat tire, do you change it and move on or do you slash the other three tires?

LOVE this.
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. You feel bad now but you will feel worse if you quit. So you messed up 1 day - we have all done that. Just shake it off and start again right now!!!
  • davecant
    Options
    I do neither. Starting from scratch implies that any progress you made so far was eliminated. Instead I just continue on.
    Falling off the wagon is something that happens to us all. The thing with fat gain is that I've found it only happens from constant binge eating. If your willpower fails once a week, and the scales tell you you've gained all lost weight back, ask yourself 'how much of that is water weight?'. 'Have I learned any lessons?'.
    Losing weight isn't just a physical journey - its also a string of mental lessons and lifestyle changes. Therefore, progression can be measured in quite a few different ways.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    You could be a good candidate for the spike diet :smile:
  • deborahposey
    Options
    Don't sweat it, think of it as a "free day" just pick back up and continue on your journey, i think everyone has those moment, the question is, what are you going to do about it? don't drown in your sorrows, life has too much to offer, and this is call living. look at yourself in the mirror and gain that motivation and self control that you had before, pray and seek your goal
  • kiangel
    kiangel Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Please don't let one bad day turn into two or three , because before you know it the weight is going on :(

Just get straight back on it :)
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I heard this recently (Jillian Michaels) : If you get a flat tire, do you change it and move on or do you slash the other three tires?

QFT!
  • Kebby83
    Kebby83 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    You had a bad day and ate delicious junk food. You didn't get drunk, use drugs, gamble life savings, kill someone, kill yourself, hurt anybody, steal or be malicious in anyway. You ate some food that made you feel better.
    [eta - I have no proof that you didn't do these things]
    You'll live. Just don't do it every day.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Start again tomorrow. One day's slip up isn't going to undo all the work you've done.
  • sunsandwater
    Options
    Get right back to it the next day. Don't beat yourself up about a bad day. We all have them and much deserved :) Today is a new day; don't even think about yesterday!
  • chasing_beauty
    Options
    Don't do that! Trust me ... I was 250 then got down to 189 ... I was doing really good as far as eating ... then I felt like I had lost all of the weight mayve its okay to have that slice of pizza or piece of cake ... next day felt guily did it again and every day after that saying I was just getting it out of my system ... im sitting here now at 243 trying to lose it all over again ... but this time once I lose it all ... I will make sure I take good care of my self!
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options

This is GREAT!!!!!!!
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    Today, was a bad day. Last night my car broke down on me(hence looking for exercises at home) and today I found out it's gonna cost $300 just to get it running again. Also yesterday, I put my last $30 into my gas tank. Big bummer right?

I am an emotional eater. Being sad led to a pint of Twix ice cream, 2 cupcakes, and 3 donut sticks. Totally not what I have been eating for the past 2 weeks and totally ruined my goals of eating healthier.

My question to you all is: When you have messed up a whole day of your diet, do you start from scratch the next day? Or are you like me, and now that you've messed up, you kind of feel like "What's the point?".

Hold up - they make TWIX ICE CREAM!?!?!?! Whyyyyy has the world been holding out on me about this for so long????

In all seriousness, though, sorry to hear of all your hardship! Just take a deep breath and move forward. One day doesn't mess up your entire weight loss journey. Move on and make better choices tomorrow :)
  • Angie_Fritts
    Angie_Fritts Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    We ALL have those days where we screw up. But you just start fresh the next day. I used to use it as an excuse to stop eating healthy and would fall off the wagon, so to speak, for months or years. Anyway, I am an emotional eater too. What has helped me when I have gotten really stressed is to not have those comfort foods in the house or office. That way when I am stressed I have to look for other ways to comfort myself.