Tell me what I am doing wrong, plz

Options
124»

Replies

• BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    If it makes you upset, don't weigh yourself so often. Once a week, at the same time each week, under similar circumstances each time, do a weigh in.
  • OddballExtreme
    OddballExtreme Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR FAT TO TURN TO MUSCLE, YOU CAN GAIN MUSCLE AND LOSE FAT BUT THE TWO AREN'T CONNECTED. HOW MANY MORE IDIOTS THINK THIS?

You're exactly right. Fat itself does NOT convert into muscle. There is such a thing as muscle-weight gain, since one of my co-workers gained 8 pounds, all muscle and no fat. There's a MAJOR difference between 160 pounds on fat and 160 pounds on muscle weight.
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    So this morning when I went up the scale I was at 156.2, tonight I am at 160 lbs... I am soooo disapointed. I know it could be water weight but for 4 pounds?

Can you please look into my food diary and see what has been happening. Oh my god, I am totally disapointed in my self.

Last time I tried losing weight I did it through Jenny Craig, I do not want to go back to them as they are expensive...but that was the only way I lost weight.

This forum is my last hope. Please let me know what you think I am doing wrong :(

I think most people have answered the question, but you are worrying too much because it is normal for that type of weight fluctuation. My weight can easily fluctuate by 6-8 lbs over a day. On a hot day, I can go for a run and weigh even 4 lbs less due to water loss. Did I really lose 4 lbs? No. As others have said, consistently weigh yourself once a week under the same circumstances (in the morning after going to the bathroom, for example) so you can relatively look at your weight loss. If you count your calories properly and don't go over, you will lose. Just don't make the mistake of losing patience and making rash decisions.
  • skinnyitaliannn
    Options
    I'm no expert at all but I did check your diary and if I were you I'd try to track the sodium! Well you don't need to track it on this website, but just try to cut out the packaged meals and take out like chinese, because chinese is loaded with sodium, most entrees over 1,000mg. Crazy. I just had some yesterday with my parents and I know I bloated up. You're probably just retaining water. Don't weigh yourself a lot, don't become obsessed!
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    as everyone has said, dont weigh in at different times of day, find a time that suits and stick to that, I find morning after the bathroom is the best time.
  • OddballExtreme
    OddballExtreme Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert at all but I did check your diary and if I were you I'd try to track the sodium! Well you don't need to track it on this website, but just try to cut out the packaged meals and take out like chinese, because chinese is loaded with sodium, most entrees over 1,000mg. Crazy. I just had some yesterday with my parents and I know I bloated up. You're probably just retaining water. Don't weigh yourself a lot, don't become obsessed!

That's one of the main things you have to watch. You don't have to eat a lot of calories to run into the problem of too much sodium. Just yesterday I went to the McWane Science Center and ate lunch there. I chose a meal that had only 324 mg of sodium: Build-a-Bowl's Penne Pasta with shrimp, broccoli, mushrooms, and green onions. I didn't go with any sauce because each sauce had over 500 mg of sodium, with the exception of Sriracha sauce at just 100. Last week, while I was away on vacation, I did have two days where I went way too far on sodium, but it's hard not to stay under 1500 mg on vacation. Fortunately, homemade steamed and grilled seafood was a HUGE help!
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    OMG - I think so many people are missing the point. She weighed herself this morning and then again tonight and she's freaking out. Sorry, I don't mean to be rude but is there really a need to look at her diary and spew incorrect "science" about fat turning into muscle? No. Back away from the scale and chill out.
    Listen, I weigh myself every day. I like to. If I'm up from one day to the next I don't freak out and I don't change anything. It's going to happen. I only "record" my weight once a week. Last week I stayed the same, most weeks I've lost at least a pound, this week I'm looking at being down 2-3lbs depending on what the scale tells me in the morning.
    Bottom line - chill out and educate yourself outside of MFP message boards about weight loss.
  • lovinmomma
    Options
    Alway wiegh in the morning at night you hold on to water, you got food in your system and possibly have to use the bathroom, this can add up but it isnt fat, just weigh once in the morning before breakfast that is the most accuret :)