Christmas / Thanksgiving are coming....

Options

Replies

• Cupcakehippiemommy
    Options
    Eat in moderation not until I am stuffed and not skip my work out routine :)
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Can I have the recipe for your magic gravy? :happy:
    I've been working on making the healthiest possible versions of my Thanksgiving and Christmas treats. My Magic Gravy has been a hit with the family.

The only splurge I will make is my Sausage and sage stuffing. But, the plan is to double the veg half the bread.
    I messaged it to you
  • jppd47
    jppd47 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Once eggnog hits the stores Ill be doing a 1 to 1 replacement with whole milk.
  • StudioMaid
    StudioMaid Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My family and I are going out for Thanksgiving. My plan is to be good up until Thanksgiving and will enjoy myself on that day. I don't plan on making a pig of myself but I want to eat well. My two sisters and I are trying to lose weight together but are looking forward to this wonderful day. Afterwards we all (there are 9 of us) walk around the town and shop. By the time we are all through walking we have walked several miles. It is such a wonderful day. I love my family very much and am so glad for them. :smile:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Halloween is coming first. One step at a time lovelies! To answer your question...these events last 1 day. Eat, enjoy it, move on...try to be active the morning of and day after....don't completely prioritize the food, enjoy the time spent with your family!

I was thinking the same thing! I am more worried about Halloween than Turkey day and Christmas! Halloween is nothing but candy, candy, candy. Hubby wants to buy candy "early this year, so they don't run out." (Which means I will have to had it somewhere! :laugh: )
  • dgr93
    dgr93 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'll probably be staying off the forums more because I get so freaking sick of all the threads like this. It's ridiculous to think you're going to ruin your diet in one or two days. Get over it and enjoy the damn holiday.

Looks like the grinch came early

This made me chuckle!

Im going to enjoy myself, and everything in moderation :)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Once eggnog hits the stores Ill be doing a 1 to 1 replacement with whole milk.

We make eggnog from scratch! It is so much yummier than the store-bought. By hubby likes to buy the store-bought cartons leading up to the big day when I make a batch! :heart: egg nog! :drinker: :drinker:
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I make it a point to eat whatever I want those days…. Why? Because it’s the holidays and this is what you work towards… those days is when you forget calories and just enjoy the holidays… I wont put the burden on others for having more healthy things that day… and to be honest, in the morning before the holidays, I work out like a madman… at least a 1000 calories burned… but then im going to go ape**** on the turkey, brownies and stuffing… I enjoy the meals

going off the diet those 2 days will absolutely not kill your diet... not at all...
  • jmeyer925
    jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Here's my game plan: Everyone gather around and huddle!
    Halloween: Do quality control on candy for trick or treaters. Don't need them complaining I gave them a razor blade in a snickers. Thanksgiving: Turkey coma
    Christmas: Still be in sleep from turkey coma = no calories consumed
    New Years: Wake up from coma and buy discounted christmas egg nog to spike with rum! Egg nog coma
    HUT HUT HIKE!

Couldn't resist lol. I've had people in my family be on diets during the holidays, and they looked SO dang miserable! You didn't gain the weight in one day, you're not going to put in back on in one day. You're just setting yourself up to wake up and binge at 3 am with leftovers in the fridge.

I don't want another New Years weight resolution. I want to have mine be "be happy with who you are".
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to be close to my goal weight by xmas, but I don't usually go overboard then anyway. I'm going to treat myself to a bottle of either Baileys or Amaretto with my Sainsbury's nectar points, and my husband might make some mince pies. I wanted to make some gingerbread men with my kids too. I'll enjoy xmas dinner, but we'll do lots of veg, so it won't be that unhealthy. We don't usually buy boxes of chocolates, so unless someone buys some for us, we won't have any.

My gym will be closed xmas day and boxing day, so it won't make much difference to my gym going. We'll probably go for a walk with our kids on those days anyway.

I'm not going to stress about calories, but I think i've trained myself to be careful anyway!
  • supercatie18
    supercatie18 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with most posters...I'm going to enjoy myself on Thanksgiving and Christmas!!!! However, its those dang christmas cookies and candies that for some reason seem to be around all month of December that I'm going to avoid!!!!
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I have reached my goal weight this year, and want to maintain it during the holidays so I don't plan to go too crazy. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday with my family, so I will indulge in the traditional dinner and dessert though! The leftovers can go home with everyone :tongue:
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with most posters...I'm going to enjoy myself on Thanksgiving and Christmas!!!! However, its those dang christmas cookies and candies that for some reason seem to be around all month of December that I'm going to avoid!!!!

Thats the problem, in this house 'Christmas' lasts the whole month! We have visitors bring yummy stuff all the time!
  • hummingbird71
    hummingbird71 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    1) I'm am NOT gonna stress out about it like I did last year!!
    2) Continue to drink my water
    3) Continue to exercise
    4) Control my portions
    5) Don't go back for seconds (on all most all items)
    6) Fix a dish that I KNOW the ingrediants in and are healthy and eat more of this dish
    7) Enjoy the 1 DAY that I NEVER worry about what I eat- (when my immediate family gets together and we eat all day and nothing but junk food) I will NOT LET this derail me because I know it is only 1 day and I WILL be okay!
  • alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Oh boy! Christmas last year is the reason I'm on here now. This year I plan to try baking everything S/F (helps that my bf is diabetic so we'll both benefit), however not sure how I will do when it comes to my anual ritual of decorating sugar cookies with my nieces! I may try to find a S/F recipe but not much I can do about all the decorations.

As far as actual food, I'll be fine. My stomach has shrunk so I'm not able to eat large portions anymore and don't care for the ever popular southern cornbread dressing (please don't throw eggs at me! :ohwell: ). Turkey & veggies....yumm!! Can't wait!
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    I will enjoy myself, but not overdo it...I will treat myself to stuffing and all the fixings and dessert, but no huge plate or seconds....moderation :), however I will not indulge in gravy or rolls. I don't like those anyways :laugh:
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Last year, I took a week or two off from trying to lose weight and tried maintaining instead. I enjoyed everything I wanted in moderation, but tried to make healthier choices. I ended up losing weight anyway :P

In the Fat 2 Fit podcast, they said something like this- "It is not important what you do between Christmas and New Year's, what's important is what you do between New Year's and Christmas."

So true, I think. I would rather enjoy the holidays while they are here and not worry about stuff. I always have time to lose weight later.
  • ldavidson92
    Options
    I'll probably be staying off the forums more because I get so freaking sick of all the threads like this. It's ridiculous to think you're going to ruin your diet in one or two days. Get over it and enjoy the damn holiday.

Woah! Calm down. I admire people who stick it out through holidays!!! I stuck it out through my birthday
    And everyone gave me crap for it " it's only one day". Guess what, for me it isn't. I can never get back on right away. It takes me
    A week or so to jump back on the diet. This year I may have a spoonful of the Mac and cheese and a roll. But I'm not pigging out!!!
    Good luck to everyone.
  • missjennifer1966
    missjennifer1966 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    That is why I love WW. It lets you have what you want. You just have to count the point value. I can have even my beloved candy corn. And chocolate, my main weakness!!
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    That is why I love WW. It lets you have what you want. You just have to count the point value. I can have even my beloved candy corn. And chocolate, my main weakness!!

o.O calorie counting allows the same thing xD
    I eat a lot of candy corn during october- december (I stock up)