how many lbs per pants size?

Options
13»

Replies

• BrittanyMG3
    BrittanyMG3 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I've lost 64lbs and went from a size 19-20 to a size 10-11 ..i'm 5'1 but have a big butt so It will take me longer for my pants sizes to go down..I am 144lbs and still in double digit pants..I think it all depends on how much fat you have or how you are built..it's different for everyone.
  • crunchergirl
    crunchergirl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Great post. I had no idea about it taking more lbs to get down in size when in the larger sizes. I will definitely keep that in mind when things don't seem to be moving faster.
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I don't think you can make a "general" guess because it will be different for everyone. When I was 150lbs, I wore a size 6. When I was 130lbs, I wore a size 6. When I was 129lbs, I started fitting into a size 4.
  • mabelbabel1
    mabelbabel1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    For me each dress size covers about 21lbs. I'm 5.10.
  • misscem94
    misscem94 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Now that I'm in a normal BMI range, it has only taken about 10lbs to drop a pant size. When I was still obese/overweight, it was around the 13-15lb mark I think.
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    It depends on how big you are to start, where you carry your weight and apparently how tall you are! I have heard when you are in plus sizes it can take more than the 10-15 pounds people usually state.

Also many people decide to lose weight because their clothes are a little tight, so it can seem like it's taking longer to go down a size at first.
  • ravenmiss
    ravenmiss Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    No general answer to this. Last time I lost weight I didn't go down a size until I'd lost about 15 pounds. This time I went down a size without losing any weight at all.

Difference was last time I just ate at a deficit, this time I'm eating at a deficit, doing cardio and lifting heavy.