Options

Replies

• Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Brunner26_2
    Options
    So in this year you changed absolutely nothing about your life except your diet? Exercise routine, weight, calories per day, and everything else was constant from then until now?
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Love Paleo<3
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Interesting. But I'm a vegetarian and other than BMI (which I'm pretty sure was a BC issue), my numbers are better than yours.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Interesting. But I'm a vegetarian and other than BMI (which I'm pretty sure was a BC issue), my numbers are better than yours.

What, do you want a trophy?

Comparing your numbers to hers means nothing. Compare your own numbers... i.e. progress (or lack there of) over time.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    That seals it....I'm going paleo. Where is the nearest cult headquarters?
  • MissFit0101
    Options
    Regardless of how or why your numbers changed, congrats on the progress you've made in the last year!
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    I'm most impressed that you've gained a quarter inch in height at 24/25! :)
  • VitaBailey
    VitaBailey Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Confusion of correlation and causation.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic.
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful! You will always have skeptics and haters, so just keep up the super job you are doing♥♥♥
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I'm most impressed that you've gained a quarter inch in height at 24/25! :)

I have to admit, I am glad to see all the other numbers were better, but this DID impress me the most!!
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    There are always fat vegetarians and unhealthy vegetarians along with fat and unhealthy meat eaters. You were also overweight for your last test. Doesn't mean being vegetarian is automatically unhealthy or not as healthy as the paleo diet. And meat, cheese and fat in moderation is fine but too many people over eat all three and are very unhealthy.
  • Josette89
    Options
    I'm glad you put this up. I'm sick of people telling me that I'm gonna have high Cholesterol levels because of my Paleo Diet. I changed my eating habits in the middle of May, but I went Paleo in the beginning of August. I feel great, I look great, and whenever I slip and eat bread or wheat I feel like crap. I'm sticking to this for a life time. Some times I go over on my "fat macros" but it is mainly from animal fats or nuts, and surprisingly the next day I usually weigh less and feel great, so I no longer follow the hype that animal fat is bad for you and too many nuts make you fat. I've lost nearly thirty pound and feel better than ever..... proof.
  • mhouston2011
    Options
    Regardless of how or why your numbers changed, congrats on the progress you've made in the last year!

Exactly!! what she said...you are always going to find those that critique everything you do unless it is exactly like them...do what works for you and keep at it!!
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    This doesn't mean anything, really.

We don't know exactly what you were eating as a vegetarian to meet your nutritional requirements. Some vegetarians are incredibly unhealthy and obese, after all! I highly doubt you were eating a diet HIGH in veg, fruit, legumes, nuts, seeds with some wholegrains & whole, sugar-free dairy + eggs...

^^^this^^^
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Some men like to watch the world burn. I am one of them, so here's me, tracking this thread.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    to clarify a few points...

1) when I was a vegetarian I ate lots of fruits, veggies, whole grains, and minimized fried stuff and processed items. I wasn't one of those french fry and ice cream vegetarians. You can see everything I ate since summer of 2009 in my food diary.

2) For the exercise part of this equation: last year I spent half of the year training for marathons and the second half of the year strength training. Since then, I've increased the intensity of training but the premises of everything I did exercise wise is very similar to last year. Though, my HRM says I burned far more calories in 2011 than 2012 (running vs. lifting--clearly).

3)This is as close to a scientific experiment as I can possibly do. I switched my diet right after my 2011 screening and held all other variables constant as best as possible. As a biochemistry and genetics undergraduate and an engineer by trade, I understand how studies go. Yes there is the "causation and correlation" issue which is addressed by changing one parameter and monitoring the results. I'm pretty convinced.

4) I only lost 4 lbs since last year...I dont think that has as much of an impact on my other biometrics as eating a better diet does.

5) I'm not saying vegetarian is bad, its just not best for ME given the fact that I have a gluten and dairy allergy and those were the main components of my diet back then. This is also why I switched diets---i figured out my food was actually making me ILL.

6) I am confused about growing 1/4" though...maybe my hair is poofier than last year...

7) Lastly, this is not a diet, how I eat is a lifestyle. I'm not saying its for everyone, but it works for me.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    That seals it....I'm going paleo. Where is the nearest cult headquarters?

save me some kool-aid too :drinker:
  • MarinaPacheco
    MarinaPacheco Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    to clarify a few points...

1) when I was a vegetarian I ate lots of fruits, veggies, whole grains, and minimized fried stuff and processed items. I wasn't one of those french fry and ice cream vegetarians. You can see everything I ate since summer of 2009 in my food diary.

2) For the exercise part of this equation: last year I spent half of the year training for marathons and the second half of the year strength training. Since then, I've increased the intensity of training but the premises of everything I did exercise wise is very similar to last year. Though, my HRM says I burned far more calories in 2011 than 2012 (running vs. lifting--clearly).

3)This is as close to a scientific experiment as I can possibly do. I switched my diet right after my 2011 screening and held all other variables constant as best as possible. As a biochemistry and genetics undergraduate and an engineer by trade, I understand how studies go. Yes there is the "causation and correlation" issue which is addressed by changing one parameter and monitoring the results. I'm pretty convinced.

4) I only lost 4 lbs since last year...I dont think that has as much of an impact on my other biometrics as eating a better diet does.

5) I'm not saying vegetarian is bad, its just not best for ME given the fact that I have a gluten and dairy allergy and those were the main components of my diet back then. This is also why I switched diets---i figured out my food was actually making me ILL.

6) I am confused about growing 1/4" though...maybe my hair is poofier than last year...

7) Lastly, this is not a diet, how I eat is a lifestyle. I'm not saying its for everyone, but it works for me.

Well said!