goal weight for 5'8"

Options

Replies

• bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and 160 is my goal.

That might change though.

It's been a long time, but the last time I was at 180 I was thin.
  • Kap10
    Kap10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    between 170 & 180
  • tonightokayalright
    Options
    5'9", medium build, goal weight 140-150
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8.5'' and my goal weight is 135-140.
  • kittybear86
    kittybear86 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and my goal weight is 168 lbs.
  • jzrharv
    jzrharv Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm a large frame person (thumb/finger just barely touches) and have a goal of 175. However, at 188, my clothes are fitting in the size I want (32/34 waist), I have greater flexibility and endurance, I just feel better, and, oddly enough, I'm starting to look just a tad gaunt (according to my wife). I may reset my goal to around 180, depending on how I feel and look when I get there. And that's the best indicator, if you ask me. Charts and graphs and all that are "interesting", but how you feel about the body you'll inhabit is way more important.
  • xtrordinari
    Options
    When setting your goal I suggest you consider your lean to fat ratio. Find out how much lean body weight (muscle, bone) you have verses actual fat. Then you can decide how much fat you need to lose. You don't want to lose any lean body mass trying to get a number that might not be best for YOUR body!
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and my goal weight was about 145, but I think I'm more focused on inches now. I'd just like to lose a few inches everywhere! If only I could get some rehab for this scale addiction!
  • miss_seven
    miss_seven Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    5'8 with a large frame. I'm aiming for 150, but I'm open to reevaluating my goal as I get closer to it. I was decently skinny at 169 in high school, but I still wore a size 10-12 pants. I still had the budda belly at this weight (that I have a larger version of now! lol), so I could have been smaller.
  • tumblyweed
    tumblyweed Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I'm just a hair under 5'9"... goal weight is 135-ish. That's where I've been most comfortable. For a woman I think it's not too thin.
  • 13inchestogo
    13inchestogo Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8.5 and my goal weight is 135, 20%fat. Would also be happy with 140 20% fat. I am currently 155
  • tumblyweed
    tumblyweed Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    When setting your goal I suggest you consider your lean to fat ratio. Find out how much lean body weight (muscle, bone) you have verses actual fat. Then you can decide how much fat you need to lose. You don't want to lose any lean body mass trying to get a number that might not be best for YOUR body!

Very true! I guess I should add that I have three goals: the first is a healthy BMI (I'm bordering), the second is healthy fat % and the so the weight is an -ish number because of those factors. According to my BMI I'm not in a seriously overweight category, but my body fat % is in the high 30s (although you don't see it 'til I walk by...)
  • msdani12
    msdani12 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" My GW is 150-160

I have a larger frame, so I will see where I feel most comfortable (:
  • happydays2525
    happydays2525 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and my goal right now is 175lbs.
  • davisnichole
    Options
    i'm 5'8", relatively large frame, and i'm going for somewhere between 175-185, i think. at this point just trying to get down to 200 but that would be the main goal. i like having some curves :)
  • jroselive2012
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and at 150 now. My goal is 130, but I love to do weights and don't know if it's going to be healthy for me to go that low. I just want to feel good in my clothes, but not have to buy a whole new wardrobe. :drinker:
  • dldnvr
    dldnvr Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i'm male 5'8 average build.

Starting weight: 184
    Current weight" 159
    Target Weight: 151

I used a number of different calculator to try to determine a good target weight for me when I started.
    The number that I came up with using different methods is 151, so that is it.

I'll have to see what I look like at 151. I have no desire to look like a chisled god, i am 45.
    But at 159 most of the belly is gone, alot of the under chin is gone. Still have moderate love handles.
    If at 151 the belly looks and feels ok, the chin looks ok and I just have some love handles, I'm rockin.
  • tubbytuker
    tubbytuker Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm between 5'8" and 5'9" and my goal weight is 148. I know I can maintain that ... once I get there! The pic I am using for my profile is just a bit under that weight. The pic motivates me to get back there!!! It was only a couple of years ago. Years ago, they said that a good rule of thumb was 100 pounds for 5' and then 5 lbs per inch after that. The best goal weight is one that you know you can maintain.
  • sugarlips1980
    sugarlips1980 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 8 and my goal weight is 9 st 7 (133 Ibs). Some way to go!
  • tbodega
    tbodega Posts: 186
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and am going for 150lbs. I may decide on 145 as my bare minimum after that but I'm pretty happy with how my body is shaping up. I'm currently down to 153 from 185.