goal weight for 5'8"

Replies

• Slimat30
    Slimat30 Posts: 142
    I'm 5'7" and at my goal of 130lbs. Wouldn't want to lose anymore x
  • TonyStark30
    TonyStark30 Posts: 497 Member
    5'9, my goal is to get to anything lower than 140, but at maintenance I want to walk around at 154.
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    all depends on what you want.
    lean,tooth pick,normal,tone,fit,build etc...

There's so many goal, depending which one you want.

for myself i'm shredding fat so I'm burning a lot...trying to go to 150 pounds..After that I will go back up with good muscles weight cause I want to be around 175lbs but fit and tone. So like I said...All depends.

Be healthy, that's all :)
  • Kap10
    Kap10 Posts: 229 Member
    About 175 Lbs I'm 5'8''
  • I'm 5'8" and maintaining at around 135lbs
  • Love_flowers
    Love_flowers Posts: 365 Member
    61kg or 134.5lbs :drinker:
  • I was goaled at 180 but I'm thinking about 170 now, but I'm already hearing people telling me I'll look too thin.. I don't know.

And yes, I'm 5'8"
  • toothfairy79
    toothfairy79 Posts: 70 Member
    i am 5'8" and my goal is between 135-140 lbs:)
  • StrongerThanThor
    StrongerThanThor Posts: 544 Member
    I was goaled at 180 but I'm thinking about 170 now, but I'm already hearing people telling me I'll look too thin.. I don't know.

And yes, I'm 5'8"

Try to calculate it with BF%, People aren't the same.
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    My first goal is to get into the healthy weight range 163. My second goal, the one on my ticker is 100 pounds lost at 156. Then I will see where I feel the need to go from there. I want to feel thin(ok honestly I want to feel skinny) but it has to be maintainable for the rest of my life too. Right now I can't wrap my brain around the fact that I'm only 15 pounds above the healthy range!
  • katiefridley
    katiefridley Posts: 151 Member
    I am 5'7 and my goal weight is 180. This seem pretty high compared with most of the responders, but for me, right now at this moment in time, I see that as attainable. I remember feeling good at this weight my sophomore year of high school (I am a senior in college now). When the time comes, if I need to reevaluate my goals, I will do that, but right now, I don't even care if 180 is "unhealthy".
  • Jenny_Taylia
    Jenny_Taylia Posts: 540 Member
    Im 5¨8 5¨9 and my goal weight now is 155 which is perfect for my height.

I used to be 120 and everyone specially family said I looked sick.

My goal weight in the end is 155 but right now I will be perfecty happy with 160 170
  • TonyStark30
    TonyStark30 Posts: 497 Member
    I was goaled at 180 but I'm thinking about 170 now, but I'm already hearing people telling me I'll look too thin.. I don't know.

And yes, I'm 5'8"

I was getting told that a lot too, but the thing is you will look 'thin' looking on the way down, you're under eating. I went back up 10 pounds in the Summer and I looked much better and no one was saying anything, even tho they were saying I was getting skinny at the same weight on the way down. I was just fuller, but with less fat.
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    I'm 5' 9 1/2" and I'm currently at 132 and comfortable with it.
  • I'm 5'8 1/2". My goal weight is between 150 and 160. Anything lower and I start getting the "crackhead" comments.
  • lanapoo
    lanapoo Posts: 57
    I'm 5'9 with a large frame. Aiming for 150, but 160 would be just as good. I was 150 in high school, I'd love to go back to that weight!
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Everyone is different in regards to muscle/fat percentage but I'm 5'9" and weigh about 145 (give or take a 5 pounds)! I wear a size 6 and I think its a good weight. I was 138 last October but it took a lot of dieting to get there. 145 is a comfortable weight for me. I work out regularly and do weight training with a personal trainer...weight training gave me a flat stomach!

edited for awful grammar! ha ha
  • Baloostika
    Baloostika Posts: 203 Member
    Am a large frame too and 5"8 when I lost weight to 93kg my friend all said I looked sick.
    I had a baby and added weight but now am down to 95kg, I really don't care what they think.
    My goal weight for now is 187 cos I don't thInk I will look good at any weight les than that.
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    I'm 5'8 and my goal weight is between 125-128:)

Same here. ^
  • spicychaibreath
    spicychaibreath Posts: 8 Member
    5'8" chiming in, my goal weight is 145, but ultimately I'd like to get down closer to 130