One year on MFP; 122 pounds down

Options
About me, I'm 22 years old, 5'8. So, 13 months ago I went to the doctor and saw the highest weight I have ever been on the scale. 272! I have been overweight all through puberty/teenage years. I lost some before, but then I put it all back on plus some in college. But after seeing that number and having the doctor tell me I would need gastric bypass if I kept gaining. I decided enough was enough. I started counting calories that day on a different app. After a month of using that annoying thing, I found myfitnesspal in the available calorie counter apps on my phone and joined. I slowly worked on my diet and added exercise. I only did JustDance as my exercise for the first 7 months or so; then, I discovered Jillian Michaels DVDs and got hooked on those. In June I reached my first major goal of 175 pounds and did a before-after:

before_after.jpg

After that I started setting smaller goals of 10-15 pounds losses at a time. I've never been this small before and I don't know where I'm going to stop yet. I set a goal of 160 next; I hit that in August. Here I am today at 150:

IMG-20120920-00310_zpsee4db43a.jpg

For the first time in my life, I am actually starting to have a self-esteem and confidence. 140 here I come!! :happy:

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!