Do you use stevia?

Options
124»

Replies

• Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I advise against it...real sugar is better then fake.. Both are bad

There is nothing fake about stevia. It is a naturally sweet herb that it 30 times sweeter than sugar.

Read the threaf before you post

Read what? They are correct that Stevia isn't fake. It comes from a plant. It's not a chemical like aspartame nor is it chemically mixed with sugar like splenda.

And just like anything in life, it can cause problems in some people. But so do peanuts, milk, wheat etc.......
  • Rogus1
    Rogus1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Train your taste buds to enjoy food and drink without needing to add sweetners to it.
  • stormsusmc
    stormsusmc Posts: 228 Member
    Options

There is nothing fake about stevia. It is a naturally sweet herb that it 30 times sweeter than sugar.

Read the thread before you post

Do your homework before forming an opinion. *shrugs*

I know about stevia...and what it is from, however the gp will eat anything that is marketed as healthy thinking that it is healthy...unless its actually natural then it has other crap your body doesnt need with it.....stevia products you usually see are not pure stevia, some contain corn-based sweetener called erythritol...sounds healthy to me....
    I use stevia, but use NATURAL stevia if you do, not truvia. it's highly processed even still and made by the same people that make coke products.

^What she said

Stevia is derrived from the stevia plant -- similar to sugar from sugar cane. Stevia is not fake like splenda.

Thanks?

Read what? They are correct that Stevia isn't fake. It comes from a plant. It's not a chemical like aspartame nor is it chemically mixed with sugar like splenda.

And just like anything in life, it can cause problems in some people. But so do peanuts, milk, wheat etc.......

Since you didnt read my other post...
    Again, I'll quote another post I made that was apparently skipped
    We could look at my health then yours but that's not what's in debate here.....

We could also argue all day, however since research is actually inconclusive on if its truly "safe" then I see no logic in mindless debating. I will say that it is derived from an herb, and unless natural and not processed its crap. That said, not all herbs are healthy for you...

Again I simply advise against it.. Things in like that and sugar are ok in little amounts. However people always go over board. Personally I dont crave sweets as much and have my self discipline in check. When I want sugar, I want it real.

Anyway, I didn't come in here to be abrasive, I said I advise against it.....continue to debate your need for sweets and whats better and wonder why you're out of shape, have bad cholesterol, or not as lean as youd like to be....Eat sweets, they fit your macros!!
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Train your taste buds to enjoy food and drink without needing to add sweetners to it.

^^^^^ This!
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I also think it tastes awful.

I use pure maple syrup for almost everything. Although, I use it most commonly in my coffee.
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options

If you do not know what a chemical is, you shouldn't use the word.
  • NewAngel35
    NewAngel35 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    After this discussion am going back to sucralose.tried asparteme,fructose,stevia. I prefer the taste of sucralose.It does make me crave sweet stuff..even though you cant put your milk in before the water(in coffee and tea) as it doesn't seem to dissolve properly...oh the joys of substitution!!!
  • Don't eat sugar or any artificial white/brown sweeteners. Chemicals are toxic. If you need it sweet, start using white creamy honeys or green powdered Stevia.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I liked it mostly because I thought it was this awesome all natural product. I found out recently that Stevia goes through a ton of processing to get it to the little crystal state. Highly disappointed.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I started using it this year and I find that it's a pretty good sugar substitute. It still doesn't taste completely like sugar, but the aftertaste is much better than any other sweeteners I've tried.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Don't eat sugar or any artificial white/brown sweeteners. Chemicals are toxic. If you need it sweet, start using white creamy honeys or green powdered Stevia.

Did you know
    that water
    is a chemical
    ?
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Don't eat sugar or any artificial white/brown sweeteners. Chemicals are toxic. If you need it sweet, start using white creamy honeys or green powdered Stevia.

Did you know
    that water
    is a chemical
    ?

I feel this link is relevant: http://descy.50megs.com/descy/webcred/webcred/dhmo.html
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I tried Stevia once and it made me violently ill. I stick with honey and raw sugar for sweeteners, because, well, I tend to have reactions like the one I had to Stevia with pretty much every other sweetener. If you like it and you can handle it, though, I say go for it.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I'm drinking a herb tea right now with a few sprigs of fresh mint and some fresh stevia leaves from my garden. I just picked them, threw them in a coffee mug, crushed them a little to let the flavours come out easily and poured over boiling water. Lovely and all very natural for virtually no calories!
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options

Umm Stevia IS natural man.

OP, I use Truvia. No bitterness. The Stevia leaf has two sides, one side is where Stevia comes from. It is cheaper, but can have the dreaded bitter taste if too much is used. Truvia is taken from the other side of the leaf. It's a little more expensive but definitely no bitterness. There's also a Truvia Baking Blend which is awesome.

Remember that Sweet n Low, Splenda, etc are all chemicals or chemically altered sugar. The closer you can stay to natural the better.