I eat back almost ALL of my exercise calories!!

Options
what to do...? I eat back almost ALL of my exercise calories!!

Any ideas??:angry:

Replies

• anniebonnie
    anniebonnie Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Try having something filling as a post workout snack/meal maybe?? Somebody told me to try a chopped up apple with greek yoghurt and honey once...I haven't tried it yet BUT you could!:) Also sugar free hard candy to suck on works like a charm if you want to taste something that isn't gum
  • Jynus
    Jynus Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    if you're losing weight then keep at it.

If you're not losing weight then stop eating back all your calories.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I dont understand what the question is.....
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

Me either. :frown:
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    You're supposed to eat them back. They're extra yummy.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options

Yep I'm confused too.

If you're following MFP the way it was designed to work (ie the goal they give you - not your own customised one) then you're supposed to eat them back. That's how it works, otherwise it would have given you a higher goal. I always eat all mine back.
  • Jackie_Paper
    Jackie_Paper Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I do that too, and then I get the feeling like "Did I just undo all the work I just did?" but maybe that's not the case...maybe I'm just misunderstanding how it's supposed to work or am bad at math...
  • Alohathin
    Alohathin Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    You are supposed to eat them back. If you are doing so and not losing weight, then you need to take a closer look at your food measurements, TDEE and BMR, activity level, and your burned calorie amount from exercise. The numbers provided by MFP for exercise calories burned tends to be a little high; using a heart rate monitor is a better estimate (though still just an estimate).
  • LipSmackingFun
    LipSmackingFun Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I only eat mine's back if I'm hungry or want a treat that day. If not, I stick to my daily calorie amount. It's up to you really. But if you're not losing, then either don't eat them or just eat half of them. You have to do what's right for you.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Right on. I eat every single one of those calories back.
  • Crazibaker
    Crazibaker Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I usually eat back about half - and it has been working for me. Good luck!!
  • FitForLife81
    FitForLife81 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Your doing it right!!!!!!!! I eat them all back every delicious one of them =)
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    what to do...? I eat back almost ALL of my exercise calories!!

Any ideas??:angry:

wait, what's the question?
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    i'm confused. keep eating them.
  • rhall9058
    rhall9058 Posts: 270 Member
    Options

Yep I'm confused too.

If you're following MFP the way it was designed to work (ie the goal they give you - not your own customised one) then you're supposed to eat them back. That's how it works, otherwise it would have given you a higher goal. I always eat all mine back.

Pretty sure this comes down to preference and not design. If I go to my goal everyday, I have historically stayed level and on a plateau. I have to create the deficit on my own, or there will be no progress. So you can't rely 100% on MFP numbers. They are a good guide, but the system has no way to know that it's numbers are working for an individuals body type or metabolism rates.
  • rhall9058
    rhall9058 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I only eat mine's back if I'm hungry or want a treat that day. If not, I stick to my daily calorie amount. It's up to you really. But if you're not losing, then either don't eat them or just eat half of them. You have to do what's right for you.

What she said. This has been my issue as well.

to your problem of eating them all back, if it's because of hunger, then eat more before and after your workout. That should cure the hunger issue. You just aren't properly fueling to maintain your body for the workout that you are putting it through.
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    ancient-aliens-invisible-something-meme-generator-i-don-t-understand-therefore-aliens-29e979_zps6f8f49bc.jpg
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    <-- Ate all mine back, too. It's a good thing.
  • milk_shakes
    Options
    i eat some back. usually half. this is because i dont have a heartrate monitor yet and i don't trust the cals burned numbers. i think they get a little too high when your weight is heavier based on computer generated formulas.
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    ancient-aliens-invisible-something-meme-generator-i-don-t-understand-therefore-aliens-29e979_zps6f8f49bc.jpg

stoner-dog-strikes-again_c_208377_zpsd7148902.jpg