Do you tell all?

Options
Do you log everthing you eat or do you tend to skip the small stuff like candy...etc?

Replies

• silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    i'm not always in a logging mood, but when i do log (probably 4-5 days a week), i log every morsel! it's the only way to be truly mindful of what you're putting in your body. logging answers questions. and takes down forests.
  • kaylanlynnNW
    kaylanlynnNW Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I find myself cheating sometime ... thinking Oh those calories are no big deal...with small things that is... but every bite adds up I'm sure!
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    A lot of the small will add up, especially candy. If you're just starting out, you should log everything or as much as possible and know that you will be off. One thing you'll learn by logging everything, is that not everything is as little as it seems.

I do admit that I don't log in most spices and some herbs I use in cooking. And some items that are listed as 0 calories. Otherwise, you want to get a strong sense of what you put in your body. That's also why it's important to accurately measure what you eat too. Else, what is the point of tracking calories.
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I log everything I eat. Even if its a handful of nerds, or a hershey kiss!!!
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I may not log the lettuce/tomato/onion on my sandwich if I'm feeling lazy. But candy doesn't count as small stuff -- it's calorically dense and nutritionally deficient. Gotta log it.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I log everything right down to a teaspoon of ketchup or 5 calories worth of onions. Not logging everything only cheats myself, my body keeps an accurate log even if I don't.
  • kaylanlynnNW
    kaylanlynnNW Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    so true... never looked at it that way. OK I will log my candy right now...probably will not like it now! :)
  • alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I may not log the lettuce/tomato/onion on my sandwich if I'm feeling lazy. But candy doesn't count as small stuff -- it's calorically dense and nutritionally deficient. Gotta log it.

^^^This^^^
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    There are a few things I don't bother logging like a slice of tomato in my sandwich or the spices in recipes because the calories just don't add up to enough to worry about. However, things like candy could get out of control really quickly so be careful with those!

ETA: If you're tempted not to log things because yuo're worried about what others will think, set your diary to private or lock it with a password.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,126 Member
    Options
    I weigh my food to the gram. So, yeah. It all gets logged

You're only hurting ourself if you don't log it.
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Everything. My body already knows what I ate, depriving myself of that data doesn't help at all
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    You either log it all.. or theres no point in logging anything.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I log everything except for spices and Splenda (1-2 per day).
  • jessakittyis
    jessakittyis Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I usually log every single thing the best I can especially candy even if its just one square of chocolate. Even taking a bite of a candy bar can add up the calories and throw you off. You'll only be doing yourself a disservice by not logging diligently.
  • Angie__1MR
    Angie__1MR Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Depends on where my motivation level is. Right now I'm bulking, so I cheat a lot and don't record it. If I'm cutting, I am extremely strict about my intake - and log every gram.
  • Zombielicious
    Zombielicious Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I weigh my food to the gram. So, yeah. It all gets logged

You're only hurting ourself if you don't log it.

^^ This! I weigh ALL of my food and log everything (even spices, because a lot DO actually have calories in them)....even those days I have a "cheat meal". Looking at the calories on those days reminds me why I don't eat like that all the time.
  • ndfaninaz
    Options
    I log everything except herbs/spices and the mustard I put on my sandwich. Also, every once in a while I will chew sugar-free gum. I don't log that either.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I log everything...even my vitamins and meds.
  • kuunsilta
    kuunsilta Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I log everything. Well, except for pain in the butt recipes where I haven't measured or cant be bothered to find the list of ingredients here. They're typically healthy meals, so it's not so bad that I'm skipping it. But if I have an icecream bar, and I have the bar code, I'll ad it ( now that I have the app on my phone).
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    You're only cheating yourself.

If you're not going to properly log, then don't bother to log as it would be false anyway.

The log is there to help guide you, but if you don't account for everything then you miss the sole purpose.

:ohwell: