Do you tell all?

Options

Replies

• kuunsilta
    kuunsilta Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I log everything except herbs/spices and the mustard I put on my sandwich. Also, every once in a while I will chew sugar-free gum. I don't log that either.
    Oh, yeah, that too.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    I log every molecule.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I weigh, measure and log every bite. Even if I blow it in the middle of the night, I go back and log it the next morning. When I started logging it all I was surprised at the extra 200 Kcal I was consuming daily.
  • karibj2010
    karibj2010 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I log everything I eat. I want to be honest with myself about what I'm eating and the best way to get healthy and lose weight is to log everything so I know exactly what calories I'm intaking.
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Log it all........it's cheating...........you have to!!!! That's like smoking but saying you didn't inhale...
  • Sharon_73
    Sharon_73 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I log it all! You are only cheating yourself and sabotaging your success if you don't put it all in your diary.
  • BushkillBill
    BushkillBill Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I find it amazing the calories in some basic items.

I log it all. If I am not sure how much an item should be, I estimate how much and lean more to the higher side of a serving amount.
  • amycb03
    amycb03 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Everything with two exceptions: my vitamins and sugarfree gum.
  • misslindseylou
    misslindseylou Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I try to log everything I possibly can, and I do it immediately after I've eaten. Sometimes I do forget some things especially if it's been a long or bad day, but it helps that I have the MFP app on my phone.
  • shquig
    shquig Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I positively log EVERYTHING. For me, it's about accountability and going from my mouth to the tips of my fingers to MFP makes me very aware of what I'm doing. Also, for me, this is about being honest with myself to get to where I want to be. Lastly, some of the little things that I may otherwise think are insignificant all of a sudden seem quite significant when I see how they can add up. I keep the MFP app on my phone so it's almost always accessible for me. Good luck and keep up the great work!!
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I may not log the lettuce/tomato/onion on my sandwich if I'm feeling lazy. But candy doesn't count as small stuff -- it's calorically dense and nutritionally deficient. Gotta log it.

This. I've never seen candy as small stuff. To me the small stuff is the things that are just a couple of calories.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Log it all. To thine own self be true.
  • Cinnamon0603
    Cinnamon0603 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    The only things that I don't log are things like lettuce, tomatoes, onions, carrots, green peppers, etc. Basically raw vegetables that I know don't have a huge amount of calories. I also don't log my splenda's for my coffee in the morning. And though I know I should, I don't typically log anything that I drink that is calorie free, except water.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Log it all.

Otherwise I'm just cheating myself.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    The only thing i don't log are spices and herbs unless it's a large amount like 1/4 cilantro or parsley.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Monday through Friday, I have a routine and I'm religious about tracking.

Weekends? Not so much... Need to get better about that, but it isn't hurting me too much yet--I still exercise (and don't track it) but I eat a bit more (and don't track it).
  • adrBB
    adrBB Posts: 19
    Options
    Yes I do.

I don't see the added benefit in using the website if I'm lying to myself, fortunately I haven't cheated yet or the temptation to lie to myself! ;)
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I find myself cheating sometime ... thinking Oh those calories are no big deal...with small things that is... but every bite adds up I'm sure!

ESPECIALLY with things like candy... if i eat an extra carrot...NO.
  • NewAngel35
    NewAngel35 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Do you log everthing you eat or do you tend to skip the small stuff like candy...etc?

Every last thing.down to the bite of cheese or a sweet off a friend. I learnt those candies add up to no loss!!
  • Penfoldsplace
    Options
    The only things that I don't log are things like lettuce, tomatoes, onions, carrots, green peppers, etc. Basically raw vegetables that I know don't have a huge amount of calories. I also don't log my splenda's for my coffee in the morning. And though I know I should, I don't typically log anything that I drink that is calorie free, except water.

This :)
    I don't log low cal veg, I refuse to weigh lettuce there's just no point. I used to do more of a ww thing where I didn't count fruit and veg, but then I had my calls set a little lower than I needed ( set for losing 2 pounds a week ) now I've changed that. I count my fruit now but changed my goal to lose 1 pound per week.