Anyone heavier than their husband?

Replies

• ClarkeEJ
    ClarkeEJ Posts: 155 Member
    I am 5ft 6 and started my journey at 255lb. I am now 202lb.

My hubby is 5ft 11 and started his journey the same time as me at 229lb and is now166lb.

If he hadn't started and was still the same starter weight, I would be lighter than him but when I finally reach goal I will be lighter than him as he is at goal weight now.
  • I am a couple 1-2 inches taller than my husband, although it varies depending on the shoes I wear...I have weighed easily 40-50 lbs more than him at my highest...he is skinny fat. He loves his beer & is mushy around the middle.... I have about 10 more lbs to go before my GW & still even then I will be 15-20 lbs more than him. I will tell u it's hard to lose weight when ALL he does is complain about the healthy foods I prepare...I'm not a great cook, but I try my best. On some nights I just say screw it & eat what/where he wants. I'm not EVER giving up tho...it's just slower than I'd like!
  • Hello all. I feel your pain on this. My honey is 5'9 130 (VERY THIN) and i am 5'4 and almost 10lb more than him . He is also 10 years younger than me and has an INSANELY fast metabolism. I have gained that ten pounds since we have been together. I feel HORRIBLE knowing i weigh more than him :(
  • Not anymore!!!! *whew*
  • deagh93
    deagh93 Posts: 77 Member
    Even at goal it will be close, as I'm a little taller than he is. As it is now, I outweigh him by about 80lbs. He doesn't have a problem with it, other than wanting me to be healthy so I'll live longer...but I do want to be at a healthy weight, even if it's still more than he weighs.
  • GeekGirl23
    GeekGirl23 Posts: 517 Member
    My hubs is 6 foot 2 and 290... I am 5 foot 4 and 305. I was MUCH BIGGER but have a feeling with the way I am going will be half his weight eventually
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Am I the only one that doesn't feel horrible about this? I'm 5'9" and 235. He's 5'6" and 155.

I'm taller and female. Even at my goal weight I will be heavier and it doesn't really bother me. He was interested in me partially because he likes taller and curvier females. I'm not ashamed of that.

Wow! I just read over that and realized that I no longer weigh over 100 pounds more than him!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Yep.

Hubby is 5' 5 1/2" and 225ish# while I'm 5'2" and 242.4#. I've been heavier than him since we met, but it will be interesting to be lighter than him (hoping by the end of the year).
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    My weight: 247 (was 355 in Jan this year.)
    Hubby's weight: 215

My height: 5'7" ish
    Hubby's height: 6'6"

Needless to say I've been bigger than him since we met 15 odd years ago, he never carried
    me across the threshhold when we got married 11 years ago, and my goal is to next year be able to be picked
    up by him, even once. I'll never feel bigger than him, but I have always BEEN bigger. Lucky for me he
    loves me for what HE sees, not for what everyone else (including me!) sees :):heart:
  • When my boyfriend and I started dating, I outweighed him by about 18lbs. (i'm 5'7, he;s 5'8| It definitely made me feel insecure especially as his ex wife was all of 110lbs after 2 children. But honestly, I've lost quite a bit of weight since then and my boyfriend said he thought I was sexier at a heavier weight, he fell for me the way I WAS.. and I felt I had to change to keep him. :S don't let your insecurities get the best of you. My bf now has 30lbs on me. lol
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    My boyfriend is 5'11". He weighs about 135 pounds. (Yes, 135.) I am 5'5" and currently weigh 213.
  • When my boyfriend and I started dating, I outweighed him by about 18lbs. It definitely made me feel insecure especially as his ex wife was all of 110lbs after 2 children. But honestly, I've lost quite a bit of weight since then and my boyfriend said he thought I was sexier at a heavier weight, he fell for me the way I WAS.. and I felt I had to change to keep him. :S don't let your insecurities get the best of you
  • kittenmcgowan
    kittenmcgowan Posts: 83 Member
    He is 6'3" and I'm 5'3". We weigh exactly the same. *sigh*.
  • jenihullett
    jenihullett Posts: 241 Member
    My husband is a short guy (5'5"), only one inch taller than me. He's in the Army and is about 160 lbs, with a low percent of body fat. I've always been heavier than him, and this is probably the first time since we got married that I have *almost* caught him. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks I'll be the lighter one =)
  • amylovescupcakes
    amylovescupcakes Posts: 146 Member
    I am. i don't even want to know what his weight is. i don't let it get to me that much. he likes women with bootie.

My future hubby loves a girly with a booty, but his ex wifey is like all super model tall and skinny. I don't know why that bothers me. :)
  • raven3lise
    raven3lise Posts: 107 Member
    Not married, but I've been heavier than all my boyfriends (combined)
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Yup. I'm about 3kgs heavier than him at the moment but that will soon change. I had my 2nd bubs 4 weeks ago & I'm waiting for the weight to shift lol. My OH is 6'2 though & I'm a shorty at 5'5.5
  • shipshape55
    shipshape55 Posts: 47 Member
    S O is 7 inches taller and 6 lbs. lighter but not for long.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Mine did weigh a bit less than I did after the birth of our l.o. almost 2 yrs ago so I know that while its not unheard of, it can still be a little...well...disheartening...I've lost 20lbs total (before and while on mfp combined) so I feel a bit better about myself now. :bigsmile:
  • Kacey34
    Kacey34 Posts: 12 Member
    yup.. well he is my fiance but same deal lol but i'm 5'4'' 213 right now.. and he is 6'2'' and like 150/160.. he is a stick and i'm well...not! lol it kinda sucks sometimes and i also look forward to the day he can lift me up! :) well at least without a struggle ha ha!