Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Wash or funk?

ldrosophila
ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
Do you wash your work out clothes after each work out or do you keep wearing them till they stand on end and flies swarm around? I was noticing my clothes smelled a bit ripe today.

Replies

• Eww definitely wash!
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Wash.
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Ew. Why is this a question?
  • LuisZav
    LuisZav Posts: 197
    Took the words out of my mouth
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Wash, I am sweaty.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    I bet theres been the funky sock or two. Come on someone fess up.
  • graveflower316
    graveflower316 Posts: 169 Member
    It depends on the workout. If it's a light run where I moderately sweat, I may reuse the sports bra and pants, but I usually always use a new shirt. If I'm covered in sweat, I'll just wash it all.
  • SP2Bfit
    SP2Bfit Posts: 114
    Depends on the type of workout I did. I generally wash each time, especially if I get sweaty but sometimes I air dry my shorts and will wear them a couple times and on occassion I will re-wear a sports bra but I never :noway: re-wear my socks.
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Wash every time. You sweat like hell into it...why the hell wouldn't you? Disgusting. :sick:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,329 Member
    i dont do laundry that often and i dont have all that many workout clothes. :laugh: i dont wear stuff 2 days in a row. i let them air out in the bathroom. they always get the smell test too. if i get any hint of hot buttered popcorn (the closest thing i've smelled to the eau de meshashesha) then they definitely get thrown in the laundry even after 1 use.
  • FutureMrsWarby
    FutureMrsWarby Posts: 96 Member
    Hygiene is important girlfriend :/
  • If I couldn't launder my workout clothes, I'd at least rinse them out well and hang them to dry....
  • schpanks
    schpanks Posts: 468 Member
    I work out outside or at home, so no one cares if I don't smell the freshest. I reuse shorts, socks and bras for a couple days. Usuallly wash the sweaty shirt. I can't justify washing something after wearing it for 45 minutes. Plus, I probably want to wear those shorts tomorrow to work out, and I'm not washing tonight!
  • jerbear67
    jerbear67 Posts: 247 Member

^^^This^^^ If you had to ask this question then I don't I want to know the answer to your next question. Do you wash your @ss after a workout? The answer to BOTH questions is YES, otherwise your disgusting!!
  • FutureMrsWarby
    FutureMrsWarby Posts: 96 Member
    I reuse shorts, socks and bras for a couple days.

Sorry but doesn't reusing socks contribute to athlete's foot? :( no bueno.
  • Febreze_Laundry_Odor_Eliminator-resized200.jpg

I only have so many workout clothes and it costs $3 to wash/dry one load of laundry. So if I've got nothing, I'll re-wear something.
  • When I was in HS in gym class or weights class, (we had class every other day) I would take them home once a week. 1. because i was pregnant during gym class and didn't do anything, just had to dress to get the participation grade. 2. because i never broke a sweat in weights class.

I don't work out really anymore other than run my bf's treadmill ( i do that in my undies (: ) but if i did, i would definitely wash my clothes every time. Esp if i went to a gym. You don't wanna be the one at the gym that comes in already stinky.
  • i dont do laundry that often and i dont have all that many workout clothes. :laugh: i dont wear stuff 2 days in a row. i let them air out in the bathroom. they always get the smell test too. if i get any hint of hot buttered popcorn (the closest thing i've smelled to the eau de meshashesha) then they definitely get thrown in the laundry even after 1 use.

This^

I'm buying a piece of clothing every two weeks so it is getting better, but budgets are budgets and hey don't get any better until stuff gets paid off.
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    ^^^This^^^ If you had to ask this question then I don't I want to know the answer to your next question. Do you wash your @ss after a workout? The answer to BOTH questions is YES, otherwise your disgusting!!

As a cyclist, I only have one pair of bib shorts and two jerseys. I use the shorts for the entire week and they do fine. The jerseys...well they only last a few days before they're too disgusting to put on, which is why I have two. However, socks get used just once. I've got lots of those. Undies, well you don't wear undies beneath bib shorts so no problem there. As for the nether regions, of course I shower after every workout! You're logic eludes me.
  • graveflower316
    graveflower316 Posts: 169 Member

As a cyclist, I only have one pair of bib shorts and two jerseys. I use the shorts for the entire week and they do fine. The jerseys...well they only last a few days before they're too disgusting to put on, which is why I have two. However, socks get used just once. I've got lots of those. Undies, well you don't wear undies beneath bib shorts so no problem there. As for the nether regions, of course I shower after every workout! You're logic eludes me.

I agree with that. I think it's a waste of time and water to be re-washing items of clothing just because you sweat into them once. We all sweat daily and does this mean you have to change after the heat of the afternoon passes? Not at all! If they reek, then they need to be washed, but other than that I don't see the big deal. Plus, the first guy compares reusing work clothing to washing your butt at the end of the day, but sweat isn't anything like excrement.