Wash or funk?

Options

Replies

• peles_fire
    Options
    I wash, absolutely. I sweat buckets. But I would be lying if I said there was a day or two where I have not done laundry and rather than skip the gym, I've worn workout gear that has been recycled. If it means missing the gym, I'll be funky. But really, I prefer to be fresh. :)
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    No thanks. Sports bras and athletic pants are way too expensive to machine wash all the time. I have no interest in them disintegrating in the wash. I also do the air dry and sniff test method to keep washing to a minimum.

No funk, but no wash either. At least two wears.
  • sylvanl
    Options
    funk. unleash your dirty hippie... plus i dont like doing laundry.
  • SanyamKaushik
    SanyamKaushik Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Shorts, wear them for 5 consecutive days and they get a wash on the weekend.
    Tshirts - Ive got 3-4 tshirts that i rotate most of the days and wash the whole lot on the weekend.
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Woo. Love all the stinkies signing in. We're saving the world, one avoided wash cycle at a time.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Tshirts - Ive got 3-4 tshirts that i rotate most of the days and wash the whole lot on the weekend.

disgusting
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Wash... mine are soaked with sweat after my workouts, ive had to buy several spares.

Im less fussy over normal clothes which get washed after 2-3 wears (im not including underwear in this as that would be nasty if they werent washed after every wear)
  • Fred4point0
    Fred4point0 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm a clean freak. I have to have on a fresh pair of workout clothes...socks, shorts or sweats, tank top, workout shirt. EVERY THING. When I first started my fitness journey last Novermber I did not have much to wear. Then I started purchasing something every pay period. Now I have enough workout clothes to last seven days. So my dirty clothes/nothing to wear problem is solved. If there is a particular item that I want to wear again the next day I will wash it...I don't care if it's late in the evening. Stinky clothes SUCKS!
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    No I wash after each workout
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    i dont wash my sports bra between each one but the rest i do because i have more than one so can swap them over then wash them with the bra on wash day.
    x
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    eeewhhh ..... must have been one of you on the bike next to me at the gym on Tuesday - boy was it an unpleasant 15 minutes - please think of the people around you.........please please please....
  • Arrabindi
    Arrabindi Posts: 169 Member
    Options

disgusting

Judgemental
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I re-use shorts a few times, but not bras or shirts. Occasionally, I'll reuse a pair of socks because I'm awful at keeping up with the damn things after I wash. It's either dirty socks or none at that point, and I'd rather use the dirty for the next hour than get blisters.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I don't wash after every workout, but they at least get thrown in the laundry bin after every workout to be washed at a later date.

It's called making sure you have enough clothes to cover your workouts.. no matter how poor you are, there is always stuff on sale that is not that expensive.
  • Karstenf
    Karstenf Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I see everyone pointing out that you don't want to stink, but dirty gym clothes can also cause yeast infections, jock itch, athlete's foot and other fungal infections. Gross, you shouldn't have to ask. Where is your mother?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

disgusting

Judgemental

ditto
  • chelle866
    Options
    his this seriously a question? wash wash definitely wash
  • mark1978mark
    mark1978mark Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Wash
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    If they're wet when I take them off, they get washed. After running, shirts and sports bras are drenched. Sometimes I can get away with not washing my shorts every time, but not if they're the ones with the built-in undies because that would just be gross to wear more than once.
  • SanyamKaushik
    SanyamKaushik Posts: 215 Member
    Options

disgusting

Judgemental

ditto

WTH. Why are you targetting me :noway: :tongue:
    Thats the way I see most people at my gym as well.... shorts being loose and airy dont get sweaty (IFFF you are wearing briefs :frown: )