Team UK - January 2010

Options

Replies

• kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Wow, lots of new people! Welcome everyone :happy: :flowerforyou:

Erika, join the bad week club! Except in my case it's two weeks :noway: Been celebrating too much for the last couple of weekends - and the next one is a friends hen weekend in Nottingham (will look out for you Katherine!). Hopefully then I'll get the social life under control.

Re getting too hungry - do you like soups Erika? I find the ones you mix in a cup quite filling and they are low cal.

Hey Lorro - Im going out for dinner (possibly at frankie n bennys.. im not gonna worry about the cals i consume tbh.. i've been so good all week, this is my treat!! :-D
  • mynyddisamrs
    Options
    Well - you won't believe this but ... I've just spent time posting my post for today , pressed the button and ---- ?????
    where's it gone?? Who knows. Maybe it will surface somewhere else!!
    In short ..... Scales were on my side today
    I've logged in everything that's passed my lips today and I have more calories to spare!!
    My housework job gave me my exercise calories
    Low cal. choc drink helps
    Feel good

:drinker: Thanks for being there everyone - I know you'll all help with this!! Much better than trapsing off to weight watchers!!
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    lorro - I've had a bad few weeks too :blushing: My son has repetitive ear infections (he's 15 months) and he screams for (seriously) around 8 hours a day when he has one. I got a 3 day break before he had enough and honestly, I was about ready to jump off something so comfort-eating didn't seem *too* bad. Then we discovered damp in our house and you don't want to know how much the quote was :sad:

I've been a little better the last few days, back exercising and not overdoing the food *too* much so hoping to have at least maintained this week (gained 1 lb last week) :blushing:

Welcome to all the new people :flowerforyou: I will try to join back in more now, though I'll be honest and say I've been prioritising my sanity a bit!
  • kpnuts23
    Options
    Well - you won't believe this but ... I've just spent time posting my post for today , pressed the button and ---- ?????
    where's it gone?? Who knows. Maybe it will surface somewhere else!!
    In short ..... Scales were on my side today
    I've logged in everything that's passed my lips today and I have more calories to spare!!
    My housework job gave me my exercise calories
    Low cal. choc drink helps
    Feel good

:drinker: Thanks for being there everyone - I know you'll all help with this!! Much better than trapsing off to weight watchers!!

I had to laugh about the missing post - happened to me before.. i've written what seems like an essay... and then it dissapears!! So annoying!! :-D
    Glad your having a success with the cals/exercise.. good on you!!

Katherine x
  • kpnuts23
    Options
    Good morning everyone, hope your all ok and looking forward to the weekend...? Many plans?

Im off to Nottingham tonight, back tomorrow so im not going to have too much of a food/alcohol blow out!! :tongue:

Its been a very good week, i have avoided the cakes,sweets and chocolate :-D very happy with the results! :drinker:

Shoppies, i hope ur little one is better now... :flowerforyou:

Katherine x
  • MistahLee31
    Options
    Good morning everyone, hope your all ok and looking forward to the weekend...? Many plans?

Im off to Nottingham tonight, back tomorrow so im not going to have too much of a food/alcohol blow out!! :tongue:

Its been a very good week, i have avoided the cakes,sweets and chocolate :-D very happy with the results! :drinker:

Shoppies, i hope ur little one is better now... :flowerforyou:

Katherine x

Visiting the gym as always, Katherine. :smile:

10lbs lost since weigh in last week, I'm in awe how much I have lost. Knocked the snacks, chocolate, crisps on the head, and focusing on healthy eating and plenty of gym exercise!

I no longer have cravings for nights out or alcohol which is good as I never have any money, lol! Enjoy Nottingham! Never been buy heard it's a cracking night out. :happy:

Hope everyone has a good weekend and has had a very productive week, diet wise!!

Lee.
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    10lbs lost since weigh in last week, I'm in awe how much I have lost. Knocked the snacks, chocolate, crisps on the head, and focusing on healthy eating and plenty of gym exercise!

wow 10lbs is amazing! go you!
  • mynyddisamrs
    Options
    Hi from a cold but Sunny North Wales . We had a little hail storm earlier but none of the snow that was forecast.

Let's hope this post doesn't get "lost" Anyone seen the one that went astray??

Well..... Scales were good this morning. I've been to work and now I know that my"cleaning" is counted in the exercise I managed to put in a bit more "gusto" into the hoovering and floor mopping! 356 calories counts!!

I'm finding the food diary great. The idea of filling it in before the meal is good -- garlic bread! to be avoided if I can - 300 calories wow! Planning to do chicken stir fry with egg noodles tonight.

Hopefully a bit more exercise later Hope it counts as exercise anyway . - NO ... Not THAT type of exercise!!!..- Hot tub's hot and I can practice arm exercises in the water. I hate swimming so that's as near as I'll get to it! Mind you I suppose I'll have to factor in the bottle...oops meant to say glass! of wine being sipped gently in the candlelight.

Let's hope my other half keeps those mini toblerone's out of my way (reach for the options choc - quick)

I think maybe the diet food scales would be a good idea. I did have some ages ago but ,as you do ...they were put to the back of the cupboard when the diet went out the window and somehow got crushed - I think by a Paella pan! So we're off to get some today and as you've said I'm sure I'll be astounded at just how many portions I have been eating.

Bye for now then ... Well done all you "LOSERS"

Jackie
  • MistahLee31
    Options

wow 10lbs is amazing! go you!

Thanks Katie! :smile: Let's just hope it continues!
  • r1chy
    r1chy Posts: 48
    Options
    I have done the same. I am happy that I went to a friends house for a game of poker and did not touch the alcohol and limited the crap food to a few peanuts.

Weigh in on monday for my first week...I have had a sneaky peek on the scales but will wait until Monday
  • FitbitConnor
    FitbitConnor Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to sign up for team UK? lol i only found the site a couple of weeks ago after using the app on my iPhone for a bit.
    Im down overall about a stone and a half(ish) but i restarted my ticker last weekend and have lost 9lbs since :0) I have a LOT to lose though as im currently 231 and need to be at LEAST 40lbs lighter!
  • pixelsink
    Options
    Hi folks,
    My names Col and I'm from Dundee. Started with MFP when I saw the iPhone App in the app store and haven't looked back. Being a Graphic Designer I'm pretty much sitting at a desk all day (and most nights) and when i hit 16 stone enough was enough. Plan is to lose 50lbs by end of June and so far I'm on track. 10lbs lost since January 5th.

I've tried a few diets etc but MFP is excellent as I can eat exactly what I want but can see whenever I want exactly what the nutritional levels are for each day. I'm really surprised I haven't been hungry all the time!

Planning to do the great North run in September for a local charity, seems a long way off but with my fitness level at zero I have a lot to do :)

Anywhoo, hope to log in and post regularly and catch the positive vibes from everyone else in the forum.

Cheers,
    Col
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Happy sunny saturday morning.

Well we (myself and 3 of my 4 ds's) walked to Tesco at 8.30 this morning and did the shopping, which I then pushed home under the buggy with my 2 year old sitting in it as well - I really must get a HRM to actually see how many calories I burn :laugh: and I have also done 12 minutes on the rowing machine and 23 (odd number but eldest 2 boys decided to go for a walk to blockbusters to buy a new xbox360 game and I couldn't leave the little ones alone) minutes on the bike.

The weight is slowly dropping but the inches must be leaving as I have had to use a new hole on my belt :drinker:

Hope everyone has a good weekend, xx
  • mynyddisamrs
    Options
    Here I am again folks.... Chilly and cold ( for UK anyway!!) Yes we did get the snow and more tomorrow apparently.

Restful weekend planned but did go up a gear and got the housework done this morning. I've logged that as exercise.

Here's why I didn't actually get in the hot tub last night!! I've moved my arm swimming exercise to tonight!!

Last night I tried to mend our broken loo that my DH and a so called plumber couldn't fix!!! It broke last week - thank God we have another loo to use!!! Started with constant water trickling and as we're on a water meter we needed to stop it - at 11.oopm!! Tried to take top off cistern, button type flush on this Roca (Spanish) loo that restricts this. DH is no DIY expert (We were Catering Managers for goodness sake!)and together we got to the insides!! top came off, still attached to the button and siphon flush system!! Are you still with me?......
    Well .... we called this plumber who came in - fixed the tap washer we also needed in the kitchen and than looked at the loo.... Sharp intake of breath.... by taking the top off(according to him) and taking out the siphon we've mucked the whole thing up!! needs a complete syestem. needs to take the whole toilet off the wall. Yep ... Sounds expensive!!
    So - next day we ordered the part,.... two days later the shop phones to say they've only been sent the button flush bit. We give them the number on this amazing Spanish made toilet! and wait. Next day the shop rings to say ...wait for it... 2 to 3 weeks to come from Spain!!
    So ... me being me, decided to take the matter in hand last night... as us ladies do ... and look at the thing properly. I couldn't see anything "broken" on the siphon and proceeded to dismantle it to see what was up!! Finally worked out how it worked and proceeded to take it off the cistern top and put it back in . DH then came up to see what I was doing. 2 x not that small people fitted into our loft conversion shower room doesn't go!! (We both now walk with our heads on one side!!.) .but we both had a go to fit it all. We managed to get the thing ALMOST right - at least it flushed and the water stopped trickling! Would save us going up and down stairs to mum's bathroom One problem... we hadn't got the cistern top on!..., let alone the button flush thingy back on!!
    Should've left it there I suppose but no, I HAD to try and fit it!! Took the whole thing off again and while fiddling and twisting it ...I - yes !...ME... (Good job it was me, as I would've made his life hell!!!) did actually break the part that levered up the siphon bit to allow the water in. Back to square one and at least we do have the part ..winging it's way from Spain. I do hope they're not just sending us the ceramic cistern top? Watch this space!!
    By this time it was 11.30pm and time for bed! Sorry... had to get that little rant off my chest ... hope you don't mind!!!

We will try and get in the tub tonight and then that glass of wine will taste even sweeter!

Everyones doing so well. Yep ... I think I've tagged on to a great group.

Bye for now... thanks again for being there!
    Jackie
  • JimJam87
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm new to MFP so I'm just finding my way round and getting used to everything!
    My name's Gemma, I'm 22 and born and bred in Blackburn, Lancs. I've been doing slimming world for a few months but have decided to give calorie counting a go as I think it'll be much more flexible and fit in better with my lifestyle. My down fall is snacking in the evening so I'm trying to keep busy to avoid snacking, hoping you lovely people on here will do that! :flowerforyou:
  • mynyddisamrs
    Options
    Hi everyone - I've been on this site for a week now and I've lost 2lb. Not much I know but I'm sure it will get better!
    Scales were kind today and I did some static cycling - that's the roast parsnips taken care of!!
    I find the calorie count food diary helps no end - time spent logging on keeps me from eating in the evenings - especially when DH is working.
    So far so good then ... early days but it's a start.

Keep up the good work folks - Eat healthy and lose lots!!
    Back again in February
    Jackie
  • erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone - it sounds like you've all been doing really well! Once again I was doing ok, and then drank my body weight in wine on Saturday night. I have to stop doing that! I managed to cut down really well when I first started doing this, but it seems to have crept back up, and I'm pretty sure it has quite a lot to do with this plateau I'm experiencing. Got a bit less going on socially this week, so hopefully I can keep it in check and have a really good go at losing something!

Erika, join the bad week club! Except in my case it's two weeks :noway: Been celebrating too much for the last couple of weekends - and the next one is a friends hen weekend in Nottingham (will look out for you Katherine!). Hopefully then I'll get the social life under control.

Re getting too hungry - do you like soups Erika? I find the ones you mix in a cup quite filling and they are low cal.

I did end up supplementing my lunch with soup, but it was really odd how hungry I was getting! Probably hormones or something. Feel a bit better today, so hopefully this week won't be too bad!

Hope you all have a good week.

Erika x
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    duplicate post
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Its so good to hear people talking about Tescos and normal foods instead of Walmart and stuff. I never understand what some of the Americans are eating lol.

There is definitely an influx of newbs here, its all good. Everyone has high plans for the new year which is ace. My first week of P90X is going well. 4 days down 86 to go lol. I think I'm even down 2 pounds already which is great

Just hoping I can manage without alcohol and cigarettes for the duration.
    Even learning to enjoy black coffee.

Good luck to all the new peeps!
    Ben =D
    :laugh: :drinker:
  • diddybadgerpants
    Options
    Hello TEAM UK!!
    And can I just say thank god somebody thought this up!!

All the American-ness on it really had got me thinking EEK wrong place to chooce to lose weight they'll all be in the States!!! ARGH!!

BUT YAY! there's a whole TRIBE of UK-ers! WOOP!

ANYWAYS, me. Ahem I am 22 I have two children and I am aiming to lose FOUR STONE!!! - yes, a lot I know - I chucked it all on when I had two babies in rather quick succesion. My first was born 12.07.07 and I found out I was pregnant with my second 31.01.2007 who was then born 28.09.2008.
    And, ahem, no there is no excuse for having waited almost two years to drop it all...except that I was comfortable with it. As the year has drawn on though it has occured to me if I don't DO SOMETHING I'm just going to keep gaining. So, even if all that I achieve from this is steady weight at what I am - NO I won't tell you - then I'd be happy with that to be honest.

So far I have lost 8lbs over the course of the last month and half - but I haven't totally been tracking it all on here :/ I forget. Such a busy busy mum...

Anyway, hello team UK :D